O.o | R38

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Iirc you recruited me when you didn't know me. But then that was back when you could have a good solid alliance where the members would stick around for the full round. There's too many players that just abandon alliances at the first sign of getting massed.

Your memory of your own life is appalling :p

You were my pnap in round 18 and then I recruited you for my alliance in round 19.

ZigZag

Harvester
I don't like recruiting people I don't know because the likelyhood seems to be that they will turn out to be incompetent, lazy, rude or just generally ****.

So a lot like you then

no no, toby only fills the lazy and rude parts of that description, he is competent and definitly isnt **** :p

Never said he was incompetent, but yes rude,lazy and definitely an ******* when all he does is make rude comments on irc or on this board about people he don't know.

[19:27] <tobapopalos> wow
[19:27] <tobapopalos> zigzag really sucks at insults
[19:28] <tobapopalos> i see it as a lack of any intelligence, TehPantz
[19:29] <TehPantz> ah
[19:29] <TehPantz> i c
[19:29] <tobapopalos> a good intelligent insult should be a time-honoured tradition

I am impressed that you even bothered to read or make a comment.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
You should learn to ignore people like that then.. Attention seekers is all they are :p

Teaching new players can be rough, since they all learn at a different pace, and few people are patient enough for them.. Teaching was never my strong point but I do tend to have a bit more patience than most people, so I tell all the new players I deal with to just mail me if they have a question.. ^_^

LAFiN

Tree Surgeon
What this game needs is BlackWolf to fill up 3 alliances full of noobs and lead them to glory!

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
things were already well on their way downhill by that point, just wasn't as noticeable :p

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
things were already well on their way downhill by that point, just wasn't as noticeable :p

I was just being unhelpful and a general butt-pain. I'm not fussed, I quite enjoyed round 30 myself, the big alliances were all busy occupied with each other, so we had control of the mid-ranks :p

Davs

Garden Designer
I don't like recruiting people I don't know because the likelyhood seems to be that they will turn out to be incompetent, lazy, rude or just generally ****.

So a lot like you then

In fairness to toby, he's tried several times in the past to help new players, and more-or-less every single one of them has ignored everything he said and just been abusive to him.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
In fairness to toby, he's tried several times in the past to help new players, and more-or-less every single one of them has ignored everything he said and just been abusive to him.

It is true, and there's been a few public ones within IRC, too. The game is in some areas difficult to grasp, and when an experienced player gives a hand - People think there must be an easier way, etc etc.
Generally speaking, there isn't. I've always believed personal trial and error is the best way to learn - Help is nice for the basics (the uses of harvesters, the best land to use, the concepts of weather, and what some of the base units do such as SGT, and the like), but when you delve into ratios, armour-stripping, and the like - Their interest will wane. The fun is in finding this out for yourself, and if you become unstuck, then some help is always nice.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

So a lot like you then

Aye it's true. I've been there for many of them and have been subjected to lots of personal abuse from new players who think they know better.

By now it's just a waste of my time to help new players. Not that I should be teaching anyone anyways since I'm complete rubbish lol.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Never said he was incompetent, but yes rude,lazy and definitely an ******* when all he does is make rude comments on irc or on this board about people he don't know.

[19:29] <tobapopalos> a good intelligent insult should be a time-honoured tradition.

You do realise I said that BECAUSE you were rude to me? But that's ok for you to do because I'm the rude one. And try looking through this thread for any insults I have made worthy of you coming buccaneering in like a spasticated lone ranger to the defence of...who exactly? The nameless people I haven't named who remain nameless. I'm sure they feel very safe knowing their nameless selves have such an heroic and mighty defender.

PS. The nameless nameless ones are not Nameless. I never recruited him.

LAFiN

Tree Surgeon

It is true, and there's been a few public ones within IRC, too. The game is in some areas difficult to grasp, and when an experienced player gives a hand - People think there must be an easier way, etc etc.
Generally speaking, there isn't. I've always believed personal trial and error is the best way to learn - Help is nice for the basics (the uses of harvesters, the best land to use, the concepts of weather, and what some of the base units do such as SGT, and the like), but when you delve into ratios, armour-stripping, and the like - Their interest will wane. The fun is in finding this out for yourself, and if you become unstuck, then some help is always nice.

Actually, this is a very good point. Giving people the basics is a good start. From there they basically need to learn the game themselves. I don't mind sharing ratios and stuff, but giving the generalist of concepts seems to help people learn the game and stick around. What's the fun in being handed the answers to the test and then flunking? Unless you somehow end up in the top ally, the new players get extremely frustrated by being beaten down over and over by their anti-routes.

ZigZag

Harvester

[19:29] <tobapopalos> a good intelligent insult should be a time-honoured tradition.

You do realise I said that BECAUSE you were rude to me? But that's ok for you to do because I'm the rude one. And try looking through this thread for any insults I have made worthy of you coming buccaneering in like a spasticated lone ranger to the defence of...who exactly? The nameless people I haven't named who remain nameless. I'm sure they feel very safe knowing their nameless selves have such an heroic and mighty defender.

do you realize my comment had nothing to do with your statement this time , but on your actions and statements since I started here a couple of years ago

Last edited:

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

do you realize my comet had nothing to do with your statement this time , but on your actions and statements since I started here a couple of years ago

So...what, you're going to insult me for no reason? That's a mighty fine example you're setting. I'm glad our players have such a great role model to look up to to make up for the bad influences around here.

Davs

Garden Designer

do you realize my comet had nothing to do with your statement this time , but on your actions and statements since I started here a couple of years ago

Do you realise that my Comet sells better electricals than your comet?