O.o | R38

Bruce666

Harvester
oh and if you waited only half a day we woulda had armor killers D: it was just bad timing for us

Don't care about the hero bashing. If he was sending defence probably would have changed the outcome but he probably had he reasons. I assumed he probably was busy. So i put inc there to try and stress that, thats how I saw it. Might have been wrong who knows. Regardless this doesn't matter

Bad timing is a way of alleviating the issue that perhaps it may have been good timing by the opposition? Recon and I considered when would be the best time to hit, we thought we were ahead on tech, so we hit when we had an advantage. We went for it because the alliance had insane activity, the kind I have not seen since I played in Second To None.

Those who were in my alliance this round or in Second To None (which I often say as the most fun I've had in an alliance) will know that such activity interests me to play more so Omni were doomed to suffer attacks all night XD

But it is a shame at the lack of grace Kleptomaniacs members have shown. We have come across as bad winners. There was no *serious* competition. The alliance was on another level to the others (which is a shame as an interesting war is good fun)

Im looking forward to the challenges which will be created later in the round

Thanks for at least a weeks worth of fun. Twigleys alliance was the most interesting and entertaining! Im jealous im not there!

~Silence

i dislike you as you dislike me but i agree second 2 none was a fun alliance and Klepto were the best alliance and that is why they are where they are, would like too see every alliance that has a chance too resist them but looks doubtful

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Luls aplenty. 20 established players destroy an alliance of a solid core and some randoms - Who could of possibly thought it?

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
Luls aplenty. 20 established players destroy an alliance of a solid core and some randoms - Who could of possibly thought it?

Not like we could have known they were randoms. Far as I knew they were 20 players who planned on playing serious FTW.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
and I was merely stating that i expected more from them.. :p

just a simple comment,.. 2 sentences in fact! and Im pretty sure one of them is a fragment.

Razorwolf

Pruner
Just making a point... The randoms that joined with hero actually happened to be the ones with the most land in the ally and seemed to me to have alot more activity as opposed to some of the more established players....

Razorwolf

Pruner
Nah, if they are lazy and slacking off they hardly should be in a ftw ally then should they. Just because they are 'established' players doesn't mean others should have to hold them up... Its not a matter of proving anything. I just didn't like the fact thar the excuse the ally failed was because we had randoms...

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I agree they shouldn't be in a FTW ally. I was just stating the usual reasons for lazy experienced players.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Some of the best players I ever led have been people I've never spoken to before. The ones that havnt been In a top 3 ally before, never get involved on the forums or public Chan and have that real hunger to do well and listen which some of us oldies have lost.

Some examples of the random recruits that I've never played with but come accross really well are:

Quicksilver, neteek, aaugh, Quitus, masterjack, monster_dog, joe2727, dre to name a few off the top of my head.

I'd much rather these players than an inactive or hard to contact oldie who is living off past accomplishments and not contributing to the current ally. Polo is one of if not the greastet players that ever played yet the last time I played with him he was lazy, inactive, disinterested and very difficult.

Not saying all established players suck though haha. Sometimes just having em around helps with their knowledge about long term planning, throwing random tips about.

On a totally unrelated note, I wish people would take a good 10 or so people they've never heard of before Into their allies, as long as they seem competent when talking to em, and go at it that way.
This round i havnt really done that but the ally is starting to look that way. Will continue to do what i done I'm the past in the future with nurturing players with my pointless rages that stop them from messing up in that particular way :-D

I'm rambling now lolol wtf thread is this?

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
the same old thread you boast about what an awesome leader you are and how everybody should be just like twigley because you take on new players and help the game so much because you're an angel thread (apparently)

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Thanks for your input, cnut, but we already know I'm the most amazing leader ever who never made a mistake or lost. Oh wait nobody thinks that.

And yea imo people shud take on new players because I do think it helps the game. I've often seen people wanting more of this or suggesting game mechanics to make it happen, trying to organise alliances before hand, but it rarely materialises.

Good troll, faggot

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
I hadn't heard of 1/2 these people in my ally before last round.. :p and this is the first time playing with 3/4 of them.. Thats a start ^_^

I don't mind a few players that more or less mooch off the ally, as long as the contribute in SOME way..

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Finding new players that want to play alot aren't hard to find, if you are genuinely willing to give them a chance. In most cases, some people get far too impatient with them and start abusing them. I won't mention names, but I don't think there would be many surprises if I did.
Everyone started somewhere, at the end of the day - I've always tried to take on new people, and teach them how to play. A few have gone on to be active players, others haven't. It's the way the cookie crumbles - But more emphasis is needed to be made on alliances, IRC, and the forums than there is currently.
There are lots of players out there in the low ranks that are just drifting with no help, that could be filling inactive alliances, or going on to be in bigger and more active ones.

TUTORIAL UPDATES, PLEASE.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
I don't like recruiting people I don't know because the likelyhood seems to be that they will turn out to be incompetent, lazy, rude or just generally ****.

Spiky Spoon

Head Gardener
Iirc you recruited me when you didn't know me. But then that was back when you could have a good solid alliance where the members would stick around for the full round. There's too many players that just abandon alliances at the first sign of getting massed.