No purposely FTW alliances please

Max

Garden Designer
Come on everyone, there's little glory in a ftw alliance victory these days.

Any chance of getting every alliance to take a relaxed approach... or a theme... or just try for a different goal other than rank 1 value?

No?

OK nevermind then :p

Your_Mum

Weeder
It is a valid suggestion, but consider that in ftf alliances, many people are still contactable. How do you gauge how ftw an alliance is?

Just from another point of view, I would encourage alliances to take a no contactability approach. Although I don't really know if this is any more feasible considering certain people may not be able to sleep at night knowing they could be being zeroed that very moment.

Yeah, I don't really see it happening...

Max

Garden Designer
In my mind - I'm thinking of the overall mindset of the alliance, rather than the individuals.

You can have active contactable players for sure. But I ask the leaders kindly to ponder whether they want to really try hard to win... or do something different, new, intriguing, crazy or downright interesting!

Hamilton

Tree Surgeon
Ranks 1-20 top negative H/F rating? lol

The playerbase is dying still nothing will change, people play to win and winning is by winning in score. That's the objective ;)

Godsend9701

Harvester
why dont more people/alliances play FTW instead of playing FTF? instead of *****ing and moaning about an alliance playing FTW, and having fun killing/stealing other peoples troops/land.

CFalcon

Official Helper
It's true that if more people decided to go ftw, then ftw wouldn't be empty and meaningless.

It's also the case that most 'ftf' alliances that find themselves at or close behind rank 1 will often up their game when the suddenly realise they could win.

So it'd be nice, but I doubt it'll work out that way.

Turkey

Harvester
It's true that if more people decided to go ftw, then ftw wouldn't be empty and meaningless.

It's also the case that most 'ftf' alliances that find themselves at or close behind rank 1 will often up their game when the suddenly realise they could win.

So it'd be nice, but I doubt it'll work out that way.

+1

Deep down everyone plays FTW, its human nature.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I am kept playing by nostalgia and trying new stuff now. I found a new entertaining passtime in garg collecting - But I'm sitting some time out after this to return a healthy sleeping pattern and move home!

There should be an alliance effectiveness/bounty hunting portal for top 3. The prerequisites for a portalling alliance in score should be changed to top 3. 5 at a push. It could make leaders a little more eager to achieve, perhaps?

I know that we kicked it up a gear when we noticed SW overtook us, so you can definitely rouse interest when the right goals come up.

CrazyMonkey01

Harvester

Any chance of getting every alliance to take a relaxed approach... or a theme... or just try for a different goal other than rank 1 value?

No?

Yes please

Zaheen

BANNED
why dont more people/alliances play FTW instead of playing FTF? instead of *****ing and moaning about an alliance playing FTW, and having fun killing/stealing other peoples troops/land.
uMAD?

http://youtu.be/wcsOP8B9c1A listen to this and relax.

Maybe in certain aspects, but I played this game for many years and I deleted from ranks 1-20 every time I found myself bored, without targets or simply not having fun.

So I'd disagree.

As for not being contactable, I mentioned this in my first ever round, up until I quit - repeating myself endlessly every time I played. It will never change, even if people start out FTF the moment they find themselves in a winning position they will just sit up too long to try and win.

Even I fell into the trap of playing too much, but that wasn't because I wanted to win - I was solo and just didn't want some hero to get a cheap shot on me. Big difference in my eyes, but in others it would be seen as I'm nothing but a hypocrite.

It's always been about the player base, and their mentality to games. Mine has always been about fun, and having fun, and helping new players have fun. I would suicide months of effort and rank to prove the point that I don't care about rank, winning and score.

There's only a handful of players left playing who would do that. That's the problem.

Becoming Rank 1 in valuation gives nothing but an award (another aspect of any game I simply don't care about). Yes, awards are nice, but when you have to do things in a game you wouldn't ever do, what is the fun in that? It's more of a chore than playing for fun. Modern games have used this approach to get certain individuals hooked, did it work on you? Oops.

I know everybody will disagree, but speeding up ticks will dramatically reduce the ability to be contacted as frequent. Look at some other games where they have instant battle reports.

If you are online, yes defend - if you are offline, you should need defence or you should die (with the exception of coming online just before the battle takes place).

That's how it was designed, and that's how it should be because I honestly can't understand why it should take days, weeks and sometimes months just to kill somebody in Bushtarion. It never use to be like this, and it doesn't mean that player is any good, it just means the alliance they're in have taken a very sad approach to their lifestyles. No offence.

Last edited:

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator

No?

Seems atleast one bunch of muppets care enough to be massing training alliances on the 3rd day of the round, Max's dream has died! :(

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Whats the story this round anyway.

Looks like 2 a half alliances going for rank 1?

No doubt the one with the usual names in will be spying/snapping? Trollface.jpg

Elle

Planter
Maybe in certain aspects, but I played this game for many years and I deleted from ranks 1-20 every time I found myself bored, without targets or simply not having fun.

So I'd disagree.

As for not being contactable, I mentioned this in my first ever round, up until I quit - repeating myself endlessly every time I played. It will never change, even if people start out FTF the moment they find themselves in a winning position they will just sit up too long to try and win.

Even I fell into the trap of playing too much, but that wasn't because I wanted to win - I was solo and just didn't want some hero to get a cheap shot on me. Big difference in my eyes, but in others it would be seen as I'm nothing but a hypocrite.

It's always been about the player base, and their mentality to games. Mine has always been about fun, and having fun, and helping new players have fun. I would suicide months of effort and rank to prove the point that I don't care about rank, winning and score.

There's only a handful of players left playing who would do that. That's the problem.

Becoming Rank 1 in valuation gives nothing but an award (another aspect of any game I simply don't care about). Yes, awards are nice, but when you have to do things in a game you wouldn't ever do, what is the fun in that? It's more of a chore than playing for fun. Modern games have used this approach to get certain individuals hooked, did it work on you? Oops.

I know everybody will disagree, but speeding up ticks will dramatically reduce the ability to be contacted as frequent. Look at some other games where they have instant battle reports.

If you are online, yes defend - if you are offline, you should need defence or you should die (with the exception of coming online just before the battle takes place).

That's how it was designed, and that's how it should be because I honestly can't understand why it should take days, weeks and sometimes months just to kill somebody in Bushtarion. It never use to be like this, and it doesn't mean that player is any good, it just means the alliance they're in have taken a very sad approach to their lifestyles. No offence.[/QUOTE]

I can't believe I'm about to say this......but I totally agree with Zaheen.

*waits for lightning to strike her dead*

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I took months to be properly killed last round - Yet I don't think I was OTT on saving my staff for a 'win'. When you're in a smaller alliance, you will often find 2-4 people that 'prop up' the alliance. In the dying weeks of last round, Sixth's equivalent was myself, James & FFX.

Although I exhausted myself in the process, I was PART of what kept the alliance alive. I pride myself on that. I'm sure James prides himself in his selfless commitment, too. There are others things, aside from victories or awards, that drive people within games. No two people are the same - So why lump everyone in a single category? It is very small-minded to assume such things.

Yochoko

Head Gardener
Deep down everyone plays FTF, its human nature.

hey, if it's not fun to play a game for them, they wouldn't be playing it in the first place!!

'winning' for me is a personal goal for each player. can be "finish at rank 1 (for anything)", "save as many ally mates as possible", "be active 12 hours a day", or anythingggggg!!! people get fun by 'winning'. we all enjoy what we like! if irritating others is what you like, then, you should be having fun by doing so! who are we to judge others' fun??? we can't define their 'fun' and criticise it.

when you can't get fun by playing a game, you know it's when you wanna stop playing it. so, i'd rather assume all those players who made their IDs and playing are having fun! and to win their own goals! :D

Stegosaurus

Pruner
I like taking place in battles, and I like to watch units be destroyed. I don't particularly care if its a fair fight or not, as long as the numbers are big.

The best way to accomplish this, is by playing to win. It also requires self preservation. Can't kill things if you don't have anything.