• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

New alliance war decleration

Elderveld

Official Helper
An issue wich was already said in the beginning, and now happend today aswell (both sides used it now!) is: when declaring war, u can resign it anytime u recieve retalls or stop attacking!

It was easly abused, so i came up whit a new form of it.

When declaring war, u have to set a time on how long the decleration lasts whit a minum of like 6 hours? and max of 72 (or none!).

I think it will also force the alliance declaring war to continue the war, and make the wars more organised and exciting. Global news, saying alliance X just declared war on Alliance Y for 36 hours! would make the other player base aware that the next 36 hours are gonna be fireworks at the top!

comments?

Minnzy

Weeder
+1, fully agree, although I like insurance it's a little annoying when "QUICK LET'S ATTACK" *declares war* "Good work men... Ahh incoming" *Turns war off*

Elderveld

Official Helper
+1, fully agree, although I like insurance it's a little annoying when "QUICK LET'S ATTACK" *declares war* "Good work men... Ahh incoming" *Turns war off*

Thats the whole point. Declaring war now, is not actualy WARRING.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
An issue wich was already said in the beginning, and now happend today aswell (both sides used it now!) is: when declaring war, u can resign it anytime u recieve retalls or stop attacking!

When declaring war, u have to set a time on how long the decleration lasts whit a minum of like 6 hours? and max of 72 (or none!).

I think it will also force the alliance declaring war to continue the war, and make the wars more organised and exciting. Global news, saying alliance X just declared war on Alliance Y for 36 hours! would make the other player base aware that the next 36 hours are gonna be fireworks at the top!

comments?

Win! Serious amounts of thumbs up!

CrimsonFury88

Harvester
Or maybe rescinding war's should be disabled. Perhaps replace it with a "request cease fire", which, when requested by Alliance A, sends a message to Alliance B, asking them to accept or reject the cease fire. If accepted, neither alliance can declare war on the other for [xx] ticks.

Simple.

Otherwise..

If you don't want a war, or can't win a war, don't effing well declare one.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Or maybe rescinding war's should be disabled. Perhaps replace it with a "request cease fire", which, when requested by Alliance A, sends a message to Alliance B, asking them to accept or reject the cease fire. If accepted, neither alliance can declare war on the other for [xx] ticks.

I like that.

Elderveld

Official Helper

Simple.

Otherwise..

If you don't want a war, or can't win a war, don't effing well declare one.

Thats another suggestion i like! :)

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

comments?

Win! Serious amounts of thumbs up!

Without wanting to seem like a stuck record.

QFT
:p

Definitely agree, i like the whole "cease fire" agreement idea but i think i prefer the original suggestion as Elder says i think it would make the wars more tactical/organised.