Let's talk about arsonists.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
plus it takes 3 hvans to stop 1 cw. if you are using hvans to stop robos, you've planned your mission wrong, imo.

Don't be silly, they're support units that can rush ETA 1 on attacks, and can be used as a secondary NLD flak against **** like Bikers. You can't solely rely on HV as they fire AFTER so many useful things that we DO have. :p

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
what nld are you using as a primary on eta 1 attacks? otherwise if that was a separate statement then the guru to pom ratio is good. let the gurus die, super cheap.

also pom/hypno/rpg, or rpg defender takes care of bikes no?

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
so... what are you looking to do with gurus and hippies on an eta 1 attack that they aren't already expendable? i don't disagree that hvans make an nld mob harder to biker, but that the cost/effectiveness ratio isn't there.

LAFiN

Tree Surgeon
Twigs, while I mostly agree with you that HV are worthless as an alliance unit, I find them invaluable on attacking. Sure, I could be more careful with what targets I pick and stop attacking in my 90%+ range, but seeing as how I like to play that way, HVs are invaluable. I can pretty much hit any target (excluding Sorcs, those always rape).

I generally play 3 guru : 2 pom : 1.5 hv : 2m total nv, and usually do quite well. Having flak is more important than loading up on these troops though. As a pom, I try to stay about 35% land fat. Never really had an issue with it, tbh.

Also, I've been messing around a bit, rushing Arsos with 10m Hip, 15m guru and 8m HV... 43m Arso stop everything but 1.8m HV. HV might not be hugely effective at stopping stuff, but they certainly give you a better chance of not having all your troops mullered by bloody Arsos.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
What you have to face is that Arsons are a non lethal way of shutting PoMs up. I think it's a fair enough placement, and the only thing that was really overlooked was their ETA - Obviously Azzer wanted a competent ETA 3 stealing mob, but an ETA 4 one with the Thief grab % is good in itself.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
plus it takes 3 hvans to stop 1 cw. if you are using hvans to stop robos, you've planned your mission wrong, imo.

I'm pretty sure its closer to 5 Hippyvans to stop 1 CW.. 3:1 is almost 1:1 for cost, which would make them better than strikers by a fair margin. (But nowhere near RPG ofc)

timtadams

Landscape Designer
You all forgetting about defense, arsonists suck big fat balls on that.

Err... huh?

Block poms super easy so get more stuff like sa and vamps firing. Clear flak which is great if there is tonnes if flak, or no pom defending, therefore better application of all targeting.