IRC/Mibbit Problems Updated 3/8/11 (Resolved 3/8/1)

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
is netgamers down?

cant get on their irc server nor there site :/

[edit by DA]
DA said:
There is now an announcement regarding this issue, you can read it here. You can continue to check back to this thread for further updates.
TL;DR - You can use THIS LINK to connect (This is a temporary measure that Markb and webvictim have devised to keep us all connected :) )

Last edited by a moderator:

Markb

Harvester
Community Operator
Netgamers has been experiencing problems with their domain since yesterday morning, use netgamers.webvictim.net to connect (ie /server netgamers.webvictim.net )

Yochoko

Head Gardener
It works on mibbit with /server netgamers.webvictim.net too. you just need to use mibbit on your browser (https://cbe001.chat.mibbit.com/) and connect to it, and not from the link in the game. When you are on mibbit, click on the server and enter netgamers.webvictim.net in it. It worked for me!

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
From the announcement I've just made:

The servers that host our game's chatroom are currently experiencing difficulties.

If you are using an IRC client such as mIRC, or trying to connect to the chatroom via mibbit, you will be unable to reach our chatroom for the time being. We do not have an ETA on a fix for this, though you can check this link for updates on the problem.

Markb and webvictim have helpfully developed a temporary work around. If you are using a client such as mIRC, in the command line part of the client (known as the "Status" window in mIRC), type:

/server netgamers.webvictim.net

You can safely login to P as you normally would with this server.

-

If you typically use Mibbit to connect, use the following link in your browser address bar, rather than the one in-game. The one below will connect you to our chatroom. This is a temporary work-around, this announcement will be updated when the issue has been resolved.

http://wbe002.mibbit.com/?server=netgamers.webvictim.net&channel=%23bushtarion&noServerTab=false&forcePrompt=true

-

Sorry for any inconvenience!

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
The in-game chat link has now been fixed.

You can now use the "Live Chat" link as normal, and connect to #bushtarion/your alliance chatroom.

Thanks,

Davs

Garden Designer
anyone else having issues with mibbit? It won't load for me, not sure if the problem's with my college's network or with mibbit generally...