Injury system induced annoyance

CLem

Head Gardener
The annoyance works both ways:

With the injury system, you cannot do a kill hit on a psolo, and then send in flk and geos to attack them for land because after you killed them, it takes 5 ticks to come back, then 5 ticks to get there again, then when you are attacking for 1, they get their 65% of their troops back. It makes it extremely hard to kill psolos that have fast firing units like terrorists and SAs. And don't get me started on them traps never dying sgts... people can mass NLT these days and REALLY get a way with it plus having a high AR afterwards.

I also am griping about the people that send flk attack to the same target every 3 hours because they get some of that back and then during the 3 hours they make enough money to replace the missing flk, where is the skill in that? You can train a monkey to do so. Repeat FLK attacks should be penalised a lot more imo.

What are you guys' thoughts on it?

Bully

Weeder
Re: Injury system induced annoyance

Got to agree in a way, I've not been in a positon to kill anything yet, however, i've been farmed silly, by the same few, sad as it is, some are solo.

And they are flakking me silly, even if it kill loads, they come back with more next time, I honestly cant win... waves of them....

pfft.

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon

You don't have to think just how you alone can pwn a solo. You kill him and many others can follow with some flak and geos and land for free until he gets his troops back.

And about the flak part i agree, 50% injury on flak attacks might be a bit unbalanced. The units have same firepower like last round but flak is even twice as effective since half of the looses come back. Maybe the price should be slightly increased on INN type.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

Or smaller return rate on attacking INN?

CLem

Head Gardener

DarkSider said:
You don't have to think just how you alone can pwn a solo. You kill him and many others can follow with some flak and geos and land for free until he gets his troops back.

And about the flak part i agree, 50% injury on flak attacks might be a bit unbalanced. The units have same firepower like last round but flak is even twice as effective since half of the looses come back. Maybe the price should be slightly increased on INN type.

Well if it was the old system where you get base bounty and L/F i do not mind not being able to send again on a psolo, but now since the game has moved towards GV play a lot more than before, I WANT to land if I attack someone to give me any incentive to attack them if they were not on my enermy list, now that incentive is gone and if you are like me, you would prefer to kill someone and steal their land on your own, rather than ask friends to get them.

50% injury on Inn is nuts. I see all sort of routes that didn't use to get flk all the time get flked like mad such as autos, hw, flamers, etc. The only route that really can hold back flk are traps and gurus with their good flk blocking ratio with cheap costs and mass yobs. Solos find it harder and harders to keep land, i can't even keep mine with 8X% AR and nearly finished my tech route

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

DISAGREE

1st of all i dont know your play style clem. but surely even on the old system if you killed all some ones units then attacked again after by the time your men are home he would be out your range. ofc it depens how big the target started as.

secondly if your target is big enough for you to kill all his lethals and him still be in your range. then why not send flack on the same tick. because if he's that big your unlikely to trigger ar.

the only thing it limits is a rush, eg biker rush. and then after the rush, a grab. but if your rushing thier then your men will come back quicker any way still intime for you to resend.

agree
with it works both ways. if you rape and kill some one and then land him. then 12 ticks later he has 85% of his troops back. chances are he will come back into your range to be killed again. and if you could do it the first time. surely you could do it again now that hes smaller. If anything its easy to rape the same target with the injuries system. as an hour after your men return the guy is back to 65-85% of his score.

but i find the system now okay personally. probably my route mind.

Bored

Pruner

willymchilybily said:
but most importantly. it works both ways. if you rape and kill some one and then land him. then 12 ticks later he has 85% of his troops back. chances are he will come back into your range to be killed again. and if you could do it the first time. surely you could do it again now that hes smaller. If anything its easy to rape the same target with the injuries system. as an hour after your men return the guy is back to 65-85% of his score.

And will likely have huge AR (due to getting wiped out), making it difficult to attack with he same mob as before.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

Bored said:
willymchilybily said:
but most importantly. it works both ways. if you rape and kill some one and then land him. then 12 ticks later he has 85% of his troops back. chances are he will come back into your range to be killed again. and if you could do it the first time. surely you could do it again now that hes smaller. If anything its easy to rape the same target with the injuries system. as an hour after your men return the guy is back to 65-85% of his score.

And will likely have huge AR (due to getting wiped out), making it difficult to attack with he same mob as before.

fair point. therefore the system is balanced. also its only people that do honourable attacks that get much flack back. its a reward, to discourage dishonourable attacks.

EDIT also wanted to add. when im teched im going to heavily rely on blockers sure. but im also going to get a fist full of cloners. bribed men dont come back. so if you have the capabilities it would be a good deterant. also if you bribe them you can retaliate with thier own flack. if they have no fear of loosing flack. then you shouldnt have any fear of loosing flack. when they send to you. you send back to them.

CLem

Head Gardener

willymchilybily said:
DISAGREE

1st of all i dont know your play style clem. but surely even on the old system if you killed all some ones units then attacked again after by the time your men are home he would be out your range. ofc it depens how big the target started as.

secondly if your target is big enough for you to kill all his lethals and him still be in your range. then why not send flack on the same tick. because if he's that big your unlikely to trigger ar.

agree
with it works both ways. if you rape and kill some one and then land him. then 12 ticks later he has 85% of his troops back. chances are he will come back into your range to be killed again. and if you could do it the first time. surely you could do it again now that hes smaller. If anything its easy to rape the same target with the injuries system. as an hour after your men return the guy is back to 65-85% of his score.

but i find the system now okay personally. probably my route mind.

I only kill people within lawful range if you want to know, they often will still be in 40% range afterwards. And not all the time sending flk in your attack work, especially your route is late firing, as i have stated before when you go against terrorists, snipers, gargs, etc etc, those fast firing flk killing monsters waste soo much flk in defense to someone of decent size it is a lot better and efficient to kill their LETs first, then steal the land later.

With the injury system, they get 65% of troops back, and 90% AR after you kill them. YOU can try killing them again, but I would say it is a waste of time.

I am guessing your route is spec op, which means you are holding land pretty easily.