Image search engines

jamesNchina

Tree Surgeon
I was just wondering if anyone could give me some good suggestions for image search engines.

I try to use a lot of pictures and videos when teaching new vocabulary in my English classes for the students who tend to be visual/spatial type of learners (it also many times reduces the need for translations into their native language).

I mostly have been using Google image search.

What are some other good search engines to use? :?: :idea:

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
google 'image search engines'? ;)

honestly i only ever use google and while there are many other search engines out there - they are either google clones or are crappy.

searching for the above or even searches for visual aides/visual learning/visual learners etc will probably yield better results.

jamesNchina

Tree Surgeon
thanks Garrett .. yeah TBH google has been fairly easy to find the pics I need for most things... but thought I would post the question just because I am really way behind the times on internet technology.

jamesNchina

Tree Surgeon
LOL .. they range from 4 years old to adult... but I put the pictures either in a PowerPoint or smart-board presentation to show in class or print them up as flashcards... So the only danger is MY choices :O