Ignoring

timthetyrant

Head Gardener
Can sum1 please point the direction to blocking sum1 in these forums? Everytime this person posts i feel offended, even without looking at what he has written, or what his opinion is.

Last edited by a moderator:

timthetyrant

Head Gardener
thnx, but is there any way i can not view his name down the bottom when i check who is logged in?

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
Negatory. Forum ignore only hides all posts made by that particular user.

timthetyrant

Head Gardener
just like the mere word "******" or "NAZI" or "slope" isnt offensive to any one?

a word is just a bunch of symbols which is nothing beyond the physical, but the *meaning* of the word can be offensive.

timthetyrant

Head Gardener
maybe i should've quoted tobapopalus, i was just trying to answer his question. but you are right no-dachi, it is enough knowing i wont see anymore of his posts.

But perhaps removing ignored names from the "online list" could be a suggestion

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Slope? Why is the word slope offensive? Is it some racist slur I don't know about?

Plus I don't think there are any names on these forums which could be compared to any of those insults. Unless there's someone called [naughty, naughty words] that I haven't come across yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

timthetyrant

Head Gardener
lolz,

But seriously a "slope" is the term that was used in the Vietnam war to describe the vietnamese, becasue their eyes are slanted, and it is intended to be demeaning and offensive

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I'm curious as to what nickname you find so offensive that it's mere existence on your screen caused you that much anguish? Can you PM me the nick so i don't have to search through 11 pages of forum users?

That would be much appreciated to satisfy my personal curiosity.