• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

How to get more players ...

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
For any ftw alliance to be able to stay green and still have a chance of winning it would require a complete change in mindset for them and the other top alliances. If just one alliance tried it they wouldn't have a chance of winning and would probably go back to playing as normal to make up the difference.

I honestly can't see this ever happening, however wonderful the idea is.

No-Dachi

Official Helper
If war removed the honour loss and instead gave you a lot if you fought a fair fight and less if you stomped the target then this would be possible. Good idea though, I just can't see you winning a war by staying defensive.

BabyMaker

Weeder
going back to how we can get more players to join his game. If we can convince everyone to boycott buying pup any BCs for 1 or two rounds it should catch Azzers attention and force him to do something with this game. if the main playerbase of 150 or so people or even 100 dont buy the punit azzer should come on here and see whats up... maybe this round would be a good time to start? EVERYONE agree not to buy punit and purchase creds and see how azzer handles it. i think it would go a long ways t this games dev.

BabyMaker

Weeder
we could declare round 52 and possibly 53 a lock out round and anyone who tries ftw are in "scabs" which is old fashion talk for conformers. seriously though how much attention would we bring if 90%+ of player base didnt buy any creds for 1 or 2 rounds? Azzer wouldnt be milking off of our devoted playerbase and would be forced to sell if not revamp the game. its we the players that keep this game going and everyone always complains about non development and how azzer abandoned us. so let us let let him know this **** aint cool by not buying creds and giving him money when he doesnt do shyte anymore.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Indeed, and you can hardly blame him. If you stop buying credits it isn't going to make him become a great admin again, he'll just switch the game off.

He was a good admin for a long time, but this game's best days have been and gone. It's just a matter of time until the few of us left eventually stop logging in altogether. Until that day comes he'll keep the game going (assuming it still makes him a bit of money) but that's about all we can expect from him.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
You are hoping against hope. You can do that if you wish, but people still buying BC and private worlds are the only thing keeping it open.

This game and more specifically these threads are literally the dead horse everyone keeps flogging.

You want more players? Make a bush clone and make it the best you can with as loud a voice / presence you can.

End of solution list, full stop.

Element

Weeder
The only chance to make this game survive is to make an Android/iPhone app. Keep the web based portal also, but you have to make all of the game mechanics available in an app. Include push notifications to keep players interested after installing. Use minimal advertising, enough to cover basic costs involved. In App purchases in line with the current in game purchases will keep people paying for it. You could even add some minor animation for battles, quick 5-10 second events to show action taking place.

The mechanics of the game are still viable in today's gaming landscape. People are addicted to mobile games that you build up bases/armies and attack other people.

Those are the two cents from a long ago ghost of a player.

Yeadon

Harvester
I would very much welcome a phone/tablet application.

I do believe it would increase the size & interest of the playerbase.

Could you imagine it to be available on the Google Play Store - The amount of people that would stumble upon it accidentally and potentially give it a whirl?

I know - Long shot. Again, just a spike from the brain depot.

'Tiger'

Landscape Designer
And also make it available for the App Store. Being available on both would increase your potential market vastly. Restricting it to just one immediately wipes out hundreds of million of other potential customer.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I would very much welcome a phone/tablet application

Poker face.

tumblr_mcfdl3FcY41qdnwzno1_400.gif

Yeadon

Harvester
DaX - Eat my shorts ;)

Yeah, make it available on as many platforms as possible.

I dont use my laptop all that much anymore. Only for work.

InSoMnIaC20

Head Gardener
Kidnap them, cuff them to chairs infront of pc's with windows 98 on them, in your basment and force them to play with the promise of not performing a josef fritzel reenactment.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
This game is dead. It will dwindle into nothing and the server shutdown. You probably wont even see it coming. You will try to log on and all you will see is a 404 error, with the forum also gone, and the 10 people that still use IRC will log on to chat to hug and cry.