Honour, Fame, Titles, Bounties, Knights and Wizards

Davs

Garden Designer
I don't know how well it would work, but would have been a better idea to initiate the gaining of WKs and WWs at the same time the land cap came into play (after starting 3 unit devs). It would prevent the flak wars being a wee bit spoiled by the overpowered presence of knights...
Obviously it's too late for that now - but maybe something to think about for next round.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I don't know how well it would work, but would have been a better idea to initiate the gaining of WKs and WWs at the same time the land cap came into play (after starting 3 unit devs). It would prevent the flak wars being a wee bit spoiled by the overpowered presence of knights...
Obviously it's too late for that now - but maybe something to think about for next round.

I agree.
But saying that, I am going to have a little moan.
H/F being back is all well and good, but the only reason it was good originally was the abundance of players to utilise/be a victim of it. There are alot less players now than there were when H/F was last around, and I think it is by a very large proportion too.
H/F's impacting me trying to get land, and obviously others, as they strive to not enter a red title then be bashed to death by rank 1 alliance. I defend regularly, and receive next to 0 honour for stopping hordes of flak incomings, yet I get -43 honour for attacking a 45% bot with 2m flak. It's nonsensical, and at such a point in the round - It is aimless, too.
Solo players are getting ridiculous levels of these White Knight staff, too. I had 230k kill 3m of my CG, which is on a level I haven't seen in any other unit at such a stage of the round. It is overkill.
I'm pretty well known for my use of CG to quickly gain land to be one of the fastest teching Robo's of the round {cough, last round, cough}, and this H/F severely hinders my progress.
It is selfish, but I think I've made some valid points. Arguements?

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
WK are not over powered.
They are currently acting as a small deterent on the top few allies bashing down on the lower guy.

The complaints i see are from people who are used to being able to just send out mobs and land with ease in flak wars with no losses.

Oh look, that's changed now and those players that get bashed over and over wont get bashed as much.
Maybe a gap will be bridged in those allies that just get farmed to hell at round start with no real chance of fighting back.

Also you realise there are counters for white knights too?

/facepalm

zhouj

Harvester
WK are not over powered.
They are currently acting as a small deterent on the top few allies bashing down on the lower guy.

The complaints i see are from people who are used to being able to just send out mobs and land with ease in flak wars with no losses.

Oh look, that's changed now and those players that get bashed over and over wont get bashed as much.
Maybe a gap will be bridged in those allies that just get farmed to hell at round start with no real chance of fighting back.

Because you're utterly not biased about this, eh?

They're PBs that come out a day and half earlier, kill flak more effectively, and can be rushed. AND have minimal score.

That being said, I'll enjoy raping them with LETs soon enough.

BTW, LOL@edit.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
WK are not over powered.

Because you're utterly not biased about this, eh?

They're PBs that come out a day and half earlier, kill flak more effectively, and can be rushed. AND have minimal score.

That being said, I'll enjoy raping them with LETs soon enough.

BTW, LOL@edit.

200k hooligans.
200k louds.
200k officers.

Wow look.
You've stoped white knights.

Also zhouj i've lost about 10m flak to white knights this round and almost every round i am in the rank 1 ally at the start bashing the smaller alliances who can't do ****.
So no i'm not biased i am just not narrow minded.

Last edited by a moderator:

zhouj

Harvester
200k hooligans.
200k louds.
200k officers.
Wow look.
You've stoped white knights.
Also zhouj i've lost about 10m flak to white knights this round and almost every round i am in the rank 1 ally at the start bashing the smaller alliances who can't do ****.
So no i'm not biased i am just not narrow minded.
Think before you type. /facepalm

Not to strawman this or anything but you must be terrible to have lost 10m flak to white knights, and I don't think you're quite that bad.

Both the loudspeakers and officers are ETA 4 and 5 respectively, and that requires units from three different routes just to stop an unit that you get for free.

It's overpowered for a combination of 1) how early it comes out 2) its minimal score value, 3) its effectiveness and 4) they don't scale down as the solo/player suddenly stops getting raped.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Not to strawman this or anything but you must be terrible to have lost 10m flak to white knights, and I don't think you're quite that bad.

Both the loudspeakers and officers are ETA 4 and 5 respectively, and that requires units from three different routes just to stop an unit that you get for free.

It's overpowered for a combination of 1) how early it comes out 2) its minimal score value, 3) its effectiveness and 4) they don't scale down as the solo/player suddenly stops getting raped.

200k White knights kill 3m flak per tick.
x range, middle, close. = 9m flak.

That was just from 1 attack and do you see me complaining about the fact i couldnt land rape the guy that has lost so much land from people raping him while he has no chance to get those white knights?
Again, think before you spurt crap, Zhouj.

Erm, what difference does the fact loudies / officers are eta 4 and 5?
You send an attack eta 5 dont you with wheelys?
/facepalm.

-

I'm just going to give 1 general response and advice + tips + perspective to all in regards to white knights.

Few things to think about first:

* It takes about 48 horus from having 100 white knights to get to around 250k. And that's if you keep attacking honourably and keep getting your h/f up. And about 16 hours to get to 2k H/F.
* The people who have them are usually the ones who keep getting hit over and over. Is it a bad thing that it takes a bit more than just pure flak to land on them over and over again?
* Even if you spend 60 horus getting to 250k white knights, only attacking honourably and defending a sh!t loads, 250k hooligans stop them, 250k officers kill them (they then go back to 100 and have 48 hours of getting back to 250k), 200k loudies stop them).
* They are weak as hell defensively ... almost everything will stop them.
* Most of the people who have them RIGHT NOW only have like 50k - 100k or so. So you lose some flak that you get 20% injury back on? Lol...

Anyone complaining about this is seriously narrow minded, imo.

Edit: Sorry this will have to be the last reply i give to you zhouj so i don't spam this thread by explaining how you are wrong. If anyone else has any actual points or real ideas then ill comment on them tho! :)

zhouj

Harvester
200k White knights kill 3m flak per tick.
x range, middle, close. = 9m flak.
That was just from 1 attack and do you see me complaining about the fact i couldnt land rape the guy that has lost so much land from people raping him while he has no chance to get those white knights?
Again, think before you spurt crap, Zhouj.
Erm, what difference does the fact loudies / officers are eta 4 and 5?
You send an attack eta 5 dont you with wheelys?
/facepalm.
-
I'm just going to give 1 general response and advice + tips + perspective to all in regards to white knights.
Few things to think about first:
* It takes about 48 horus from having 100 white knights to get to around 250k. And that's if you keep attacking honourably and keep getting your h/f up. And about 16 hours to get to 2k H/F.
* The people who have them are usually the ones who keep getting hit over and over. Is it a bad thing that it takes a bit more than just pure flak to land on them over and over again?
* Even if you spend 60 horus getting to 250k white knights, only attacking honourably and defending a sh!t loads, 250k hooligans stop them, 250k officers kill them (they then go back to 100 and have 48 hours of getting back to 250k), 200k loudies stop them).
* They are weak as hell defensively ... almost everything will stop them.
* Most of the people who have them RIGHT NOW only have like 50k - 100k or so. So you lose some flak that you get 20% injury back on? Lol...
Anyone complaining about this is seriously narrow minded, imo.
Edit: Sorry this will have to be the last reply i give to you zhouj so i don't spam this thread by explaining how you are wrong. If anyone else has any actual points or real ideas then ill comment on them tho! :)
You stayed for three ticks. How is that not ridiculously stupid?

Your estimates are absolutely ludicrous. A player could literally sit there and harvest H/F (and they do) and get the knights. If they were smart, they'd rush them everywhere . Thank god most of the people with them are terrible. Officers can't match on a rush, neither can loudspeakers. Are you also advocating sending LET on a high AR player?

They are highly mobile, available to allied players, and overpowered for when they come out. If you have any non-asinine replies, please post them but I'd expect that's about as likely to happen as France winning a war.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
I skimmed some of the comments, so feel free to quote some posts to me if im stupid

I still don't like that they come out so early, I mean they come out within 12 hours of round start, a lethal, that gets 1:15 on flak. I know its not many at first, but I just think it should be delayed something like 48 hours before you get them. Or something like they stock up for the first 48 hours, but they don't fire.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I made a valid point to which you offered no arguement, you just flamed it. You get given a helper status for flaming in pretty much every reply you give, then when someone else partially supports my point, you flame them too? Youre just a class above.
But as zhouj DID provide feedback, i will reply to him. Yes, my point is that basically, there arent enough people to implement H/F in the way it was before. Im all for it being back, but does need some serious consideration to how it can be fairly implemented with less people. 5% bounty just doesnt give much incentive for me to attack people [and i do attack people of green values on major attacks] as im robotics. Robotics fire late, and so i never profit. Yes, whine whine. At least provide a counter arguement for me to read. Ta. :)

WackyJacky

Head Gardener
[close] 100,000 allied Protestor Leader attacked, distracting 98,900 hostile staff.
[close] 25 hostile Hippy attacked, distracting 4 allied staff.
[close] 2,991,997 hostile Protestor Guru attacked, distracting 104,996 allied staff.

Distracted: 105,000 [£2,025,000,000] friendlies distracted. 98,900 [£1,250,386,000] enemies distracted.

You gained 393 effectiveness.

How am I supposed to avoid a bad title if attacking at 105% doesn't give me H/F?

:( :( :( :( :( :(

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Distracting a handful of innocent units isn't that notable. Try stealing some land next time, or do something with a bit more fireworks, though you've picked a route not so great at fireworks :p

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Distracting a handful of innocent units isn't that notable. Try stealing some land next time, or do something with a bit more fireworks, though you've picked a route not so great at fireworks :p

But this is also my point Azzer, those that have routes like mine, where we have no firepower til we fatten up, is made totally aimless by H/F, you need easy land with Robotics, or bottomless pockets to replace all your lost staff killed by endless scores of White Knights.
I've always been a fair player, and I've always fought for Law Fame coming back, to stop mass bashing like the kind I've seen all too much in this game, but it's unfair to say that because I don't like H/F now, that I'm some sort of big evil down-basher. I cannot afford to go into red, because I will get picked off, and the top alliance STILL are not really affected by these changes, as who the hell is going to genuinely bounty hunt them at this stage?
It is a complaint, but I feel it is still a structured one. Can I have your ten cents on this please?

WackyJacky

Head Gardener
It's just frustrating. Every other attack I get massacred by Whites. And I can't do anything about it. My loudies aren't done for a few hours. :(

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Dax where exactly did i flame you? Grow up if you can't take someone disagreeing with your opinions.
Edit: Looking back you must be talking to someone else but i don't see another helper posting unless their posts are removed?

Also zhouj, truth hurts eh?
I shall enjoy being far more knowledgeable and experienced about how this game works than you ever will be, and to continue to watch yourself make ridiculous comments.

You are at a block of not being able to land effeciently for x hours due to white knights.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Dax where exactly did i flame you? Grow up if you can't take someone disagreeing with your opinions.
Edit: Looking back you must be talking to someone else but i don't see another helper posting unless their posts are removed?
Seems i'm only picking an arguement with cheaters lately.
Strange.

I apologise for making that post, you did make some form of arguement to my point, but I did make a further point afterwards. I do play fair, I am just having alot of trouble adjusting my way of playing to suit. I'm just having a very difficult time at the moment, and I got a bit hot-headed, when it wasn't needed. Again, I apologise.

And I don't understand if you are making a point of me cheating, or just other people plus Zhouj. I won the PW fair and square [unlike many people's attempts], with help from many people not wanting Bunkers to win the PW either [for which I appreciate the effort on all your parts, my win was not my win, it was yours for killing the two players above me].

WackyJacky

Head Gardener
Side note:

Azzman please tell me how I can get H/F besides losing land/being present at an ally mate when land is lost. Here I'm distracting some White Knights and yet I get barely anything :(
The guy's at 80-85% range ffs :( I even sent the mob eta 5.

[range] 165,811 hostile White Knight attacked, slaying 1,100 allied staff.
[range] 300,000 allied Loudspeaker Protestor shouted in the ears of and distracted 672,287 hostile staff.

Distracted: 672,287 [£1,367,995,700] enemies distracted.
Died: 1,100 [£6,700,000] friendlies dead.

You gained 395 effectiveness.
You gained 0.78 fame.