• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Havoc - 5 min ticks

antisback

Head Gardener
[13:16] <Gooner> Havoc should be 5 min ticks

Good shout tbh

EDIT: Oops wrong forum, can someone move it to suggestions >.<

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I think this was suggested before and the problem arose that it isn't particularly easy to switch over the 'hard coded' tick times while the game is running unless Azzer forces it to do so. Or something like that.

I'd like to see 5min Havoc ticks too but i remember there was some issue that stopped it from being easily implemented. Maybe that's changed!

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Yeah i think the fact that havoc ticks often take ages to tick anyway would make 5 min ticks too much of a strain on the server?

Im just guessing but it could well be a problem...

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
This has been suggested over and over again, and every time Azzer replies that these massive battle reports would be too intensive for the server to tick every 5 minutes.

But perhaps after he upgraded his hardware, it might be possible now tho.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
I noticed there was no 'Kill Azzer' alliance.

But if it was possible i would prefer 5 min ticks, even though it takes up to a minute to load each new tick anyway.

Oh, and 24hrs is definitely not too long. Actually, i think it would be cool if Havoc ran through sign up period for the whole week, and at the end of the week all old IDs deleted and new ones reset so then there would be no week long break. And you wouldnt have to play during the havoc week as it wouldnt compromise anything.

btw, im just sorta thinking out loud, dont take it too seriously and flame me if its too much work for the server/too hard to code/w/e :p

timthetyrant

Head Gardener
This has been suggested over and over again, and every time Azzer replies that these massive battle reports would be too intensive for the server to tick every 5 minutes.

But perhaps after he upgraded his hardware, it might be possible now tho.

i concur, perhaps Azzer should check it now he has upgraded