• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Half the round duration

Elderveld

Official Helper
Since the rounds are pretty much over after 1, mayb 2 weeks, can we just set the rounds to 1 month, or 1,5 months?

I think everyone would agree the first week(s) are more fun. f it, lets reduce alliance size to 15 aswell. And public after one week! or only rank 1.

not like its ever gonna happen, but its good to clear my thoughts...

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
the winner is decided by then, but there is still plenty for others to do in the round. The battle for R2 went on for all of last round..

I'd say AT MOST, drop 1 month off, so its 2 months long.

Reducing ally-size will always get shot down.. makes it much easier for a small group to win. (more concentrated pwnage!)

I can agree with the public R1 alliance after 1 week though, no reason for them to not be public. Might encourage more fighting for R1. maybe..

timtadams

Landscape Designer
It wont change. Azzer said a while ago that it would never change.

And not everyone agrees the start is the most enjoyable part of the round.

And it would be alot harder for people with certain goals (such as bribe every unit, get 1m gargs or more) to achieve them.

There will be implications for cost/value of p-unit

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
the first weeks are not the most fun, imo. I vastly prefer playing with a fully teched route when their are still lots of targets around than muddling about without intel in flak wars etc. The round might be over for the top two allies after a couple weeks, but there is plenty of fun to be had if you're not in the winning alliance.

The rounds are a little too long, yes, but 1-1.5 months would still probably be too short. As well, as timtadams said, Azzer has expressly banned any possibility of shortening the rounds. I am unaware of any change in his attitude towards this.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
okay, so 1/2 a month off.. :p I barely pay attention to how long it is, i just round if up to 3 months :p