• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Friends Only for Account Mail

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
[18:18:33] <toby> there needs to be a friends only option for account mail
[18:18:49] <toby> so sick of people sending me mails on there because i have friends only on ingame

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Makes sense.
Message successfully sent to nickname 'tobapopalos'.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
Add more o's a's and p's and they'll never find you!

Edit: I got ur back Toby. Supported.

Last edited:

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
just dont play with public id, problem solved :p

Dafe, that's ridiculous, and arguably irrelevant. I shouldn't have to play anonymously because some people can't control their mailing. I have always hoped for consistency amongst the various different systems on bushtarion, and this is simply another example of why that should be the case.

And tbh, Friends only should be an option for Account Mail anyways.

dafe

Harvester
i dont see any harm in mails anyways, specially when their just trying to save you some time, hell without some random mails i wouldnt have known a few ppl that became (good) friends/naps along the way

Davs

Garden Designer
i dont see any harm in mails anyways, specially when their just trying to save you some time, hell without some random mails i wouldnt have known a few ppl that became (good) friends/naps along the way

yes, but sadly there are those in the playerbase who have grown grumpy in their old age (/me looks at toby <3) and don't like talking to new people :p

These people are provided with certain facilities ingame which are not provided at the portal/account level - and for the sake of consistency and appeasing their antisocial appetites, these facilities should be made available.

PS: Love you toby <3

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

You may not see the harm, but others simply don't like being randomly mailed.

dafe

Harvester
those ppl better pull out their internet cable(spam, and other chat/mail), telephone cable(telemarketing), tv cable(commercials) and hammer their mailbox shut(flyers etc) because its part off life no matter where

Davs

Garden Designer
those ppl better pull out their internet cable(spam, and other chat/mail), telephone cable(telemarketing), tv cable(commercials) and hammer their mailbox shut(flyers etc) because its part off life no matter where

except where "friend only" options exist <3

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Oh ffs safe stop being so goddamn dense. You are right in the most general of ways. However you missed an important part, there are spam filters for email/Internet, "no call" lists exist for phone marketers... I am on one. Tv can switch to another channel, or use TiVo or something similar and as for mailboxes that's why you put up signs that say "no flyers/soliciting.

Just like the multitude of options available for "real life" I simply don't understand your objection to a friends only list. Next time you choose examples, it would behoove you to ensure they actually apply. ;)

Davs

Garden Designer

Oh ffs safe stop being so goddamn dense. You are right in the most general of ways. However you missed an important part, there are spam filters for email/Internet, "no call" lists exist for phone marketers... I am on one. Tv can switch to another channel, or use TiVo or something similar and as for mailboxes that's why you put up signs that say "no flyers/soliciting.

Just like the multitude of options available for "real life" I simply don't understand your objection to a friends only list. Next time you choose examples, it would behoove you to ensure they actually apply. ;)

My only assumption is that he wants to be able to send toby messages - of a sexual nature, perhaps? :O

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
Does this arguing really have anything to do with the thread? In my opinion the 'friends only' mail option was a waste of time coding, I don't think it was that important with Ignore option already in place. But does that really matter? Its already in place for one part of game, it should be in both or its stupidly useless. Quit arguing about something that's already been done :/

dafe

Harvester
alci: most of those things you named arent 100% fail prove, and iamsmart thats what im trying to say, it doesnt really matter and if it does for someone then they should consider not being on the internet at all

ps. davs i wouldnt sedn that kinda msgs to toby not even if him and me were the last 2 ppl alive on earth, but i did save him some time with mails(recalling killmobs), which he obviously didnt like and made him cry on here about it :p