Free bush lessons.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
tiger - thats a really a silly question, what do you plan on killing? Robo? Mostly Strikers, with a few apaches for sweeping.. Nanos/Scraps? You'll want more apaches.. SA? You'll want A LOT more apaches.. RPG? Pure marine FTW..

:p

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
What is the best ratio for Striker:Apache?

Then Striker:Apache:Marine?

I already covered this in Lesson #7

Dimitar said:
Lesson #7.

I've noticed that people tend to buy units in relation to preset ratios, which I find utterly idiotic. You can never achieve maximum efficiency with your ratios if you don't take into account the player base, and what you're more likely to fight against.
My lesson is: stop being a lazy noob and hack around, take note of who is likely to attack you and who you're likely to want to attack and buy units that you will actually have use for.

Stargazer

Tree Surgeon
Question:

Humvee is armoured flak,so does it just act as good let flak for armoured stuff?

Example:humvee flaking CW=good

Humvee flak SA=less good?

Last edited:

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
imo, you kinda have that idea backwards, but again it's not as specific as the example that you have provided.

no health damage occurs on an individual unit until it has been stripped of armour. so what attacks robos? AD units. AD units TYPICALLY do mostly armour damage and little health damage. so robos are actually better off being flakked by health units.

HD units tend to do little armour and mostly health damage... so you flak units like SA with humvees or other heavy armour units.

flakking a unit depends heavily upon your situation, but hopefully the above explanation helps you figure out your own scenarios.

Stargazer

Tree Surgeon
Yeh that makes sense,it's just I've noticed trying to bribe with RO & humvee..the humvee will outnumber the ro like four times but still the ro get hurt alot more than I'd have thought and wondered if they'd be better flakked by something likes witches

Terrakan

Harvester
Yeh that makes sense,it's just I've noticed trying to bribe with RO & humvee..the humvee will outnumber the ro like four times but still the ro get hurt alot more than I'd have thought and wondered if they'd be better flakked by something likes witches

dogs work as awesome flak for bribers

but then it all depends on what your trying to bribe ofc

[Ninja-7]

Head Gardener
Flak doesn't have to be sacrificial. The reason more RO die is because they're more squishy. But lots more would die without humvees there. This effect isn't so pronounced with health flak over armored units as health flak tends to die more readily.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Flak doesn't have to be sacrificial. The reason more RO die is because they're more squishy. But lots more would die without humvees there. This effect isn't so pronounced with health flak over armored units as health flak tends to die more readily.

Saying health flak tends to die easier is pretty misleading. Marines anyone?

Flak robos with dogs against strikers, or flak SAs with humvees against robos. The idea is to minimise the effectiveness of the attacker, so using armour flak against HD, or health flak against AD is usually the best way to do things.

Using humvees as flak against strikers might help more of your other units to survive, but they will also take a large amount of damage themselves, whereas dogs will soak up the AD with fewer losses.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
Toby - Marines still have a fair amount of armor too, on top of their massive amount of health. Witches are also pretty tough health flak, though not as good as marines.

RO are VERY squishy, so losing a bunch of them shouldn't be much of a surprise, I can bet you lost less with humvee flak there than you would have converting those humvees to an equatable number of ROs (Sell humvees and buy RO with the cash essentially).

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
I know marines have armour, but they are primarily health flak. Their health is what makes them so useful.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
That is very true. Their armor plus the health is what helps make them so ridiculously hard to kill.