Extremist route

LAFiN

Tree Surgeon
Honestly, Iamsmart is right, don't play it if you want to succeed. If you just want to set yourself a challenge, then by all means go for it, but pretty much every other route is more useful to an alliance, and is more powerful in solo play.

The units aren't even that good at close tick. Fanatics aren't really any better than SAs, certainly not better enough to justify their close-only status.

No battle reports, 24/7 contactibility, half way through the round I got bored and restarted as something else.

... Everyone just runs away from you.

All of that from what I remember of the round I tried them. Actually, I think I went from another route to Fanatics after we'd won, and it was awful. 5 points for my profile I regret.

Only problem i can see is (being solo) if an ally etc is attacking me on say 2/3 waves,the last tick defence is only going to work on 1 wave-which could be fake :/

Max

Garden Designer
Get a PoM PNAP :D

But solo Extremist is a disaster due to Yochoko's aformentioned stealth problem.

Yochoko

Head Gardener
Only problem i can see is (being solo) if an ally etc is attacking me on say 2/3 waves,the last tick defence is only going to work on 1 wave-which could be fake :/

waving on a solo (with LETs each tick) is a rare thing to happen except ofc those land raping flak gangs after the said solo got killed. they can, on the other hand, team up and send 2-3 on the same tick by calculating AR correctly and composing their troops efficiently. shouldn't worry too much about being waved for kills. also, extremist players are generally low on acres, so, there won't be many who'd be willing to share the grab and so it'll be often 1v1 counting on klling the extremists/fanatics at the first two ticks. but that said, anything can happen! people can be bored and just wanna kill you in a team-up attack on the same tick or alone (why not? :p) and fight you LT with the loss on their side too!

buttttt most often, attacking solo extremists heavily relies on the target's activity. attackers take their chances of you being offline/uc. but if you can *always* send out and LT, they'll give up. that's why the activity is important. or contactability. :<

and now you can see how boring playing the route might end up. :X

Last edited:

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
Don't play it unless you're contactable.

Don't play it if you're in a top alliance.

Don't play it if you're in a small alliance.

Don't play it.

Not all true.
[snip]

It is true. Every single route outside of perhaps puppets or bunkers will make you a more useful and successful alliance member.

i played them in discworld in round 26, after that round azzer buffed the AD extremists did after my post in forums. that was the round discworld first came rank 3 in alliance listings. . the route is brilliant for defending. get extremists fanatics and guru. only imo. dont **** around with ranged units and hippy vans or anything. only play it if allied, if you want to play it right just be active over contactable. i never got killed by rushes that round.

i say get guru and extremists and fanatics because you then look like you can last tick anything. you also can guru incoming, without the attacker knowing if you sent lethals to last tick or just blockers. it equivalent of having an extra fake useful in alliance play... as solo i wouldnt bother. allies are good as you have 19 other people around that you can convince to attack with you. Also useful for round start and if poms need a little flak/help.

i had guru equal to my extrmist and fanatics. i bought more of extremists. because we lacked AD close range so i often paired with rpgs. but i still kept a ton of fanatics too. there is no route you cannot beat or scare away if you play like this. and as for land its easy to get. launch some trains. and make sure your on the end of the train. and the person before you is large enough for them to not want to face him close tick because you will be on your middle tick. i seem to rmemeber sending in front of someone who was dragon on a train back in the day. to stop them trying to middle tick him as they would have to last tick me... it worked extremly well, masses of dragons and golems a few sorcs. and they couldnt mid tick him because i was infront of him on the train.

to play it solo is a waste.

Last edited: