Diplomacy

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
A joint cooperation of
- The Darryl Institute for Modern Warfare,
- The Royal MattM Society of Tactics and Diplomatics and
- The Hobbezak Strategics Association present:

DIPLOMACY(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diplomacy_(game))

In short: A boardgame (7 players) with the aim of domination of Europe during WW1. It's pretty much impossible to win this game on your own, the idea is to work together with other player(s) (hence the name). Everything is allowed, including backstabbing etc etc.

Darryl, MattM and I were thinking about maybe getting together with some bushtarion players and having ourselves an online game of this.
Game is at http://webdiplomacy.net/

Get in on it!

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
We used to have an e-mail variant of that running quite a few years ago actually. I think Charlie_B and Meneldil were the initial instigators but we ended up with quite a few playing in the end. Can be good fun!

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
Is this just like RISK but more mechanics to it?

Indeed, the mechanics prevent the game to be dominated by chance like Risk is. I personally get pretty frustrated if you fail at winning a 4-1 (or even worse). Diplomacy has no random, the game is won entirely on how well you play yourself (which is usually about how good your diplomacy skills are).

Frijj

Harvester
Yeah just read the rules of it. Seems like it would be fun. If you need one i would play.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Sign me up.

I'm "Lord Darketh", from the Association of Probable Backstabbers

Last edited:

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Looks pretty cool!!!!

Ive signed up as "pinpower". Would love to play a game, give me a poke!

Darryl

Head Gardener
Hobbezak and I can't be in such a small channel together, we need a plethora of n00bs surrounding us, to dilute our overwhelming kick-assness.

Ezekiel

Harvester
You know what, I registered for this before, but never played it, sort of forgot. I'd deff be interested in playing.