Deleting my account on here

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Anyone know how to delete a vbulletin account? Must it be done by the Admin or can I have it done myself? Looking in User CP I didn't initially see any options for it but I'm not always an eagle eyed user.

Thanks.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I would never make you try to stop doing Canada jokes. You and I both know you won't be able to, and frankly I derive a great deal of pleasure from it.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
You definitely can't do it yourself and I don't think even an admin can delete accounts. That would probably delete all posts by the account too. Would be a bit messy. I think at best you can get banned.

Why do you want to delete?

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
What's Canada?

The best country in the world.

I don't think you can delete accounts. That would probably delete all posts by the account too. Would be a bit messy. I think at best you can get banned.

Why do you want to delete?

I have my own reasons :p But that does raise an interesting question. Would all the posts be deleted as well? Hmm. Intriguing.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
but I still have a mountain to climb... even in 3rd. i will miss you always setting the bar higher for me old friend.

Asmodeous

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Only Azzer has that power and I vaguely recall him saying a long, long time ago in a post far, far away that he wouldn't delete a user account because it would affect posts.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Only Azzer has that power and I vaguely recall him saying a long, long time ago in a post far, far away that he wouldn't delete a user account because it would affect posts.

Ah well, I guess it's not the biggest deal. :(

Benneh

Tree Surgeon
Super Moderator

It would not effect posts as far as I'm aware... when disabling a user account you have the option to leave all posts as they are, or atleast you used to before.