Cyborg gards..

Max

Garden Designer
SGTs are marginally more cost effective than hippies at stopping CGs I think (standalone). Although if a unit fires after the hippies it will typically perform better as hippies can strip a CG without automatically blocking it (lack of HD) while SGTs are the opposite.

So yeah, hippies are still the best bet, and fortunately ubiquitous :D

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
don't SGT get like, 1:1 on CG? Hippies get about that at half the price :p

edit: It should be noted that I have never actually play CG in W1.. :p

'Tiger'

Landscape Designer
Nor me :( I wanna play them one round and see the massive fuss

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
the fuss is, if you are noob and can't attack, you send some flak and some cg and you land, almost always.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
meh, it's a great route. Problem is there's very few intelligent players (this sounds rude, I really don't want it to be but I don't know how to phrase it better) that can use CG's properly without spending half their funds on CG's (specifically at the round start). It's an amazing wave tool as well.

The problem some people have with the route:

1) People slow their teching down beause they buy too many CG's. A good CG player can literally win the round on ~day 7 by himself. An early land stealing unit that can, if not massed, allows you to continue teching with 0 impairment and hit a massive power curve at CW's.

2) Losing flak is losing flak. Just because you can steal land with CGs doesn't mean you should.

3) It pisses off your alliance members that you either have so much land (and don't necessarily deserve it, silly logic often) or that you have spent so much money on CGs. This can, however, be a good thing if you can hold the land and hit a good power curve, but it also makes you a target with minimal defense and tons of land. Again, pisses of your alliance.

4) People like PA's too much

5) People like CW's too little (and would rather go nano/PA).

If I didn't make it clear, CG's should be nerfed or removed from the game. **** you Twigley I know you made the suggestion (as have other people) like 133 years ago.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
Tbh i only went cg route for the shields. But find myself agreeing with ias. Which is pretty rare for me. I wouldnt call it stupidity/a lack of intelligence that causes people to mass cg. I think its a bit of selfish play and lack of experience

like ias said, it allows poeple to potentially get cw quickly due to the most time/cost effective route to them (stuns are too expensive esp with multiplier, and nano/pa too good not to buy up on) and cg sre strong enough to not require a player to ramm funds into flak or geos in order to keep up with land target goals of a ftw alliance, aka save and keep attacking/landing should be possible.

But people think **** look how good i am. I have most land in the alliance lets keep going i could win this thing. Not lets help get our poms/pbs/pa/sorcs/shox in on this action. The people who have been and will continue to be doing the job of protecting that land you have until you hit cw. Greed will always ruin good things.
Anyway like i said cheers for clariffying that ratio for me

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
It's not only that willy - infact lots of newbie cg players mass the cg without any normal flak. The miss the point of layering entirely and end up failing to be the ubernoob imbaleet ezmode

tiktak ok!

Max

Garden Designer
Surely any marginally selfless CG player will use CGs to boost other members of the alliance and help them land though?

Not sure I've always bought the "CGs aren't an asset to an alliance" argument. I find them invaluable at all stages of the round for gaining alliance acres where steals would otherwise fail brutally.

No-Dachi

Official Helper
I agree with the layering of flak in the flak wars, and in the later stages of the game. However, during ally attacks and wars the ally as a whole is a lot better off with the CG just massing CGs instead of normal flak, since he'll always be joined by other players who can provide the normal flak.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
I agree with the layering of flak in the flak wars, and in the later stages of the game. However, during ally attacks and wars the ally as a whole is a lot better off with the CG just massing CGs instead of normal flak, since he'll always be joined by other players who can provide the normal flak.

This..

In the pacifist warrior round, we had our CG players mass CG and made sure they were in nearly every mob that went out. It is what eventually lead to us winning the round. It was just too hard to stop us effectively.

However, it is all-too-often you see 1 or 2 nubs at the top with CG while the rest of their alliance has half their land or less, especially the guru players who are instructed to mass blockers instead of flak for land.

InSoMnIaC20

Head Gardener

This..

In the pacifist warrior round, we had our CG players mass CG and made sure they were in nearly every mob that went out. It is what eventually lead to us winning the round. It was just too hard to stop us effectively.

However, it is all-too-often you see 1 or 2 nubs at the top with CG while the rest of their alliance has half their land or less, especially the guru players who are instructed to mass blockers instead of flak for land.

I'll take this as a personal thank you for winning you the round with my CG awesomeness.