• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Counter the contactability frustration!

Elderveld

Official Helper
Cause the overall community/player base have problems whit the high contactability of FTW alliance players (or top players in general)

I might of have a solution, or an idea to counter it.

When logging in after a offline period longer than 1,5hours. You cannot send a defence/attack mob for 1 tick or 5-10 minutes.

I know it might not be a solution. But it will defo increase a bigger succes rate of rushes vs top alliances/players.

thoughts ??

p.s. please leave out all comments of: Azzer is not around to change this anyway! or never will happen! etc!! thanks

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
When logging in after a offline period longer than 1,5hours. You cannot send a defence/attack mob for 1 tick or 5-10 minutes.

I know it might not be a solution. But it will defo increase a bigger succes rate of rushes vs top alliances/players.

All it'll do is mean folks will get pranked earlier, and have to be online longer to send out/whatever
probably would make things worse before it makes them better :p

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
It will probably just encourage people to make auto-refresh scripts so they're never actually "offline"

Max

Garden Designer
This idea would alas be detrimental to my particular playstyle.

Since I am quite often offline (and uncontactable) I will sometimes only have 5mins to log-in and send defence/attack before logging off again.

I think your idea unfortunately means I'd have a lot of trouble hahaha :)

A much better solution was Polo's idea of sleep mode with high insurance, but you can still be attacked. I wish that was implemented.

Yochoko

Head Gardener
countering the contactability is being uncontactable. :S i meaaaan, if you are playing in a FTW ally, online people should be able to defend others who are offline. the same thing should be said to any allies actually. i've been playing solo for a while now and i'm often alone online with my two pnaps uncontactable. and i can still deal with incs on both at the same time sometimes. not 'always', but manageable. sure, we die sometimes as the consequences, too. but so what? i think people should get used to 'dying' more often. you play in an ally with 19 others. don't tell me there are only couple people online and they are there like a watching dog and their work is to *prank* others. be more online and responsible if you play in an ally. that's how i thinkkkkk!! so, yeah. just stop giving your phone number. :p

edd

Tree Surgeon

All it'll do is mean folks will get pranked earlier, and have to be online longer to send out/whatever

People will be pranked when stealth is yet to reveal, it'll be great! :p

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator

People will be pranked when stealth is yet to reveal, it'll be great! :p

naw, depending on their reaction times, {most people get on within a tick} they'll just get pranked as sooooon as it reveals, so they can send out the following tick, rather than at the end of the eta 1 tick, so they can send out as soon as they sign in at af3 :p

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Wow this idea is ****ing retarded.

No, no, and no. I don't even really need to explain why since the reasons are so blatant.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

No, no, and no. I don't even really need to explain why since the reasons are so blatant.

Well, thanks for ur well-explained opinion. please come again.

Contactability will not go away.
Punishing those who use it will kill the game.
People will cheat to beat the "system" you want.
Your system will require people to be online more, not less.

(Those are just a few reasons why not)

If you really need me to explain that, then you should just check yourself into a mental health clinic. Seriously dude, you didn't think this suggestion out at all. Stupid is as stupid does.

Elderveld

Official Helper

Well, thanks for ur well-explained opinion. please come again.

Contactability will not go away.
Punishing those who use it will kill the game.
People will cheat to beat the "system" you want.
Your system will require people to be online more, not less.

(Those are just a few reasons why not)

If you really need me to explain that, then you should just check yourself into a mental health clinic. Seriously dude, you didn't think this suggestion out at all. Stupid is as stupid does.

Then read my posts, i said it wasnt perfect and i did not said i thought about this verry long. I was shouting it out and want to hear people's thoughts about it.

the reason i thought this suggestion would work was:

you actualy have to be 'online' to send out.
The ally cannot prank u at a f 3 or late eta 1 so u can logg in, send to id 1 and go to sleep again.
U will have to be online for at least 10 minutes. wich can be frustrating in the night. hence people might not come online gain. = win for resistance!

Yochoko

Head Gardener
the problem is punishing people who play at their will without being 'pranked'. they were just simply at work not being able to play bush during that time or.. just doing other stuff for hours and then wanted to check bush. but then, they are punished and can't log in for a tick where... maybe it was atf 3 and they could have actually saved their troops for checking it by themselves and not being remote-controlled by their ally or pnaps. :<

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Also elderveld. You're not solving the contactability issue, you're simply making people have to prank ally mates sooner. Forcing them to be up longer which will annoy players, make them dislike the game. After a few deaths due to game mechanics preventing them from saving their land from an obnoxious rush, bash or wave; Players would quit. I guarantee it.

Max

Garden Designer
Contactactability CAN be combatted... just not in this way that's all Elderveld :) Keep the ideas coming though!

*Still thinks Polo's idea would work a charm...*