Converting units

Hello agian...

I'm interested in units that convert eg nano,vamp route (zomb,WW too) and scaps

I just wanted to know some more info about them,from previous threads I read zombies convert great,WW bad and nanos bad?

Can anyone give me the straight up facts as I'm was interested about the vamp route and just massing in converters..

Cheers again

Max

Garden Designer
The different converter units have drastically different conversion rates.

This means that if you kill £100b troops (of the right type for that unit!) then you will convert a different number of troops back.

For example, Werewolves have a terrible conversion rate from what I can make out. Even if they get a good BR, they just don't convert very well at all on the kills that they make. (Correct me if I'm wrong on this btw!)

Nanos on the otherhand have a very good conversion rate. It is so good that you can PROFIT on Special Operations players for example.

Scrap bots also have good conversion rates.

Vampires appear to have pretty dismal conversion rates, but are a good unit regardless.

So really I don't remember any figures off by heart, but beware massing converters in the vamp route and expecting to profit from it. You will find it very difficult indeed if you are fighting honourably!

antisback

Head Gardener
I played undead once and to this day Zombies are my favourite unit to play around with - obv their actual uses are limited but fun nonetheless.

CFalcon

Official Helper
WWs are indeed terrible converters, Zombies are fantastic, and Nanos are average.

Also be aware that what units you kill can affect your convert rate. The obvious example is scrap bots, which can kill any unit that is LET/INN/NLD, but will only produce gargantua from killed machines/vehicles. I have a feeling that for other units like zombies and nanos, that killing LETs grants a higher convert rate than killing INNs, but I could be wrong on that; might just be an illusion due to LETs also being more expensive.

Max

Garden Designer
I have a feeling that for other units like zombies and nanos, that killing LETs grants a higher convert rate than killing INNs, but I could be wrong on that; might just be an illusion due to LETs also being more expensive.

When I dabbled with Nanos I found pretty decent conversion rates on gardeners! So I suspect it's more illusionary.

It'll be hard to make zombies work effectively in the bushtarion "end-game" but kudos if you can pull it off ;)

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
I suspect I already know the answer, but what are convert ratios affected by, more specifically is it effected by attacking honourably?

Never played nanos/vamps.

Zaheen

BANNED
I never fight with honour Max!It's not logical to attack harder targets than needed if my eyes :)
It is very logical to attack players that are harder, if you try it sometime and do it well you will see the rewards and benefits.

I would/could show you BRs I've made this week with lots of rewards.

As for conversion rates Stargazer, Nanos are OP. They've even been nerfed several times and still I think they're OP. However as the round progresses they become less powerful due to all the other units that can cream them.

Vampires are more of a one trick pony, you could just mass these and destroy many routes. Not really played them in large numbers to know of their bribing capabilities however there is some glitch with them, or was.

You will have way more fun with Nanos, if you're undecided between the two then think about this; you'll be better off playing Vamps if you want to start attacking honourably and bigger targets. Otherwise you will enjoy being able to cream players and rebuild your Nanos endlessly from players below you, whilst slowly building up a Garg army if you purchase the Blueprint, another OP unit.

Just be careful of crazy Vamp/TL players that will hunt you down, that's if you survive all the RPG/Striker/Harrier rushes that will come your way.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I have effectively played as a Vampire and Nanobot player in the past, but I will warn that Vampires (especially in the state that the current playerbase is in) really aren't worth the bother anymore unless you want the achievement on your profile. People will talk about WW/Mummy/Gargoyles, but that really doesn't justify the route anymore. There are simply not enough players to validate the use of this route.

Nanobots are an excellent route for solo due to their NLT-based blocking ability @ ETA 3 (which is a very reasonable advantage for solos), and can obviously chow down on flak mobs for free converts with the Nanobot/TD combo - But I wouldn't advise using Scrap Bots as a solo due to the fact it lessens your effectiveness when you are offline and get attacked/rushed.

I'll happily provide help to you on using either route, though.

What I quite liked the look of was having lots of naughty zombies and picking on the pom population?

But now I am leading towards the nano/scrappy last tick mash up :)

And sorry I didn't understand,does honour affect conversion rates?And what do you get the biggest rates from attacking,the most expensive units?

Zaheen

BANNED
What I quite liked the look of was having lots of naughty zombies and picking on the pom population?

But now I am leading towards the nano/scrappy last tick mash up :)

And sorry I didn't understand,does honour affect conversion rates?And what do you get the biggest rates from attacking,the most expensive units?
Conversion is independent of honour.
Doesn't matter about honour when you bribe.

The biggest rates are based on the amount of cheap units you clone, so say Nanos against a load of Ninja or Petrol Bombers (with lots of INN units in the mix) would be a deadly bribe. You could potentially double your Nanos, collect a tonne of bounty and wipe out some targets this way.

Double may be a little far fetched, but you get the point.

_____

Dax might have a point about Vampires not being so great, but I disagree with what he's saying. He's just saying that because he's yet to see somebody playing this route effectively, the point he was probably trying to make is why play a route when there are other routes with similar units that do the same thing but are quicker (like SA for example).

Vamps are a fun route to play, they are much more dangerous early on in a round with Gargoyles and later on if you play the route well you can be a really nasty target to kill. This route has insane health, and can't really be rushed with anything except PA/Tyrants - and who does that these days?

ETA 5 units are a little sucky though, CW, Vamps, Dragons, Snipers, Heavy Weps, Grenadiers...not so great for rushing somebody.

Speed matters if you're going for kills and bounty.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Best thing to convert with Nanobots is Ninjas, or last ticking an Assassin/Ninja combo'd player - Anything with a smidgeon of armour doesn't often fall down as easily as those without it. Your Officers/Privates/Flamethrowers are nice early-tech units that you can easily attack and convert - Giving a decent turnover that almost always ends in a profit unless they send out on mid tick.

Obviously Nanobots' biggest weakness is simply being blocked. Their flak is bog standard, and the route has no ability to combat the blockers without a decent Gargantua/TRex number to deter it happening.

Max

Garden Designer
Yeah - I too would thoroughly recommend a last tick Nano setup for you It's not personal!

I think you'd love it - it would give you that "last tick Extremist" feeling, with the option of attacking anyone you like as well as a last ditch "pure NLT" SD and stunbot blocking option.

It is the best solo route if you want to stick it out and do very well all round!

Zaheen

BANNED
Yeah - I too would thoroughly recommend a last tick Nano setup for you It's not personal!

I think you'd love it - it would give you that "last tick Extremist" feeling, with the option of attacking anyone you like as well as a last ditch "pure NLT" SD and stunbot blocking option.

It is the best solo route if you want to stick it out and do very well all round!

Until you get too big and get rushed by TL/Vamps and any Military player...

It's a great route, but you are vulnerable on that FT.

'Tiger'

Landscape Designer
Nanobot [102,000,000]

Just do this and you will be fine ;)

With regards to last ticking as a nano,mainly its going to be harriers and strikers coming for you right?(ignoring rpg as last tick defence)

With scrappies firing first,harriers being weak & scrapies getting 500% more health vs striker is that enough to put most of the attackers off?

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Nobody tries to kill an active Nano player with Harriers - As they can't kill Nanos.

Scrappies do best against F117/Harriers due to their high cost/low defence stats.