Cheating scum - which I am

Status
Not open for further replies.

scum

Digger
Hi,

I am cheating scum. It is fun and it sucks for all you good players.

So why do I post? I dont want to play any more, so my methods, sick as they are, are in the open now, so Azzer can work on them.

What can you do about this?
Block this domain, and other spamfiltering systems.

What can you do about it?
Log the interaction between accounts.

What can you do about it?
Dont know. Maybe have a picture to type over when you log in. Now it is just way to easy. In my glory days, I had a script, which reacted on: early hours of the morning, clear. This would automaticly plant. This way I did not loose any seeds. I stopped this because I had a pc on 24/7 and it was a bit to obious to have an account with most logins / most online time. Later on I tried the system on several accounts/computers. With 1 account I just checked the weather, to plant on the other account when the signs were good.

Overall:
Block IP addresses, not accounts. Maybe you can introduce: Jailtime (for 1 hour, 1 day, 1 week etc).

English
Yes, before you comment.... I need some english lessons :)

Noob, smeghead, spoiler, bragger
Yes, you can call me all you want. Just learn from this and enjoy this fine game.

So. If you you solve the above, I dont get tempted to play again :) and you will probably loose some other multi players as well.

everyone is happy. Feel free to post more anti-multi ideas beneath.

Cheers. ;)

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Re: Cheating scum - which I am

Well you're right about one thing, you certainly are cheating scum. :)

Mitch

Weeder

i am just impressed u had the time to do all that

blockatiel

Planter

You must really have no life whatsoever to control 20 accounts :p

Lupus

Head Gardener

now we know how the bunkers portalled a few rounds back :p

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator

surely if u had the time to run 20 accounts and do badly with most of them, u could have done pretty well with 1 account instead.....

multying ftl

Mattheus

Head Gardener

Maybe it's because I just don't care enough about the game to really be bothered about that sort of thing anymore, but the slightly evil part of me can't help wanting to high-five you for that. Whoever you are.

Sometimes it takes incidents or confessions like these to finally make some needed improvements to the system anyway, least he's put some suggestions forward, so it's all good!

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

same as matheus...cant help but thinking "good effort"..

however as ogluk says...you should have just played 1 account well instead of cheating your way to a mediocre (i assume) finish...

but, ***** and giggles

on a side note, if this is true then the game just lost 20 id's!! hehe...if the playerbase keeps shrinking this fast i might actually portal!!! HA

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

Mattheus said:
the slightly evil part of me can't help wanting to high-five you for that. Whoever you are.

Seconded :p

Cheating ftl, but if you're going to cheat you might as well be good at it!

Hopefully Azzer will be able to do something about this to make it more difficult in future, but I somehow doubt it.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

I edited out the actual advice or encouragement to multi. The general solution suggestions/constructiveness is good. I'll make some points;

* I often block email domains like this that clearly serve no other purpose than to cheat. I can't magically predict them all, but as and when they are found, they get blocked.

* A captcha is likely going to being introduced to registration in Age 5, and may be applied to login too, but I will likely avoid login as I'd prefer to let the odd guilty person get in through login here, than annoy every innocent player out there by forcing them to do an annoying captcha image every time they login. THe real players are more important than a minor handful of idiots.

* When caught - and everyone gets caught sooner or later, one way or another - all accounts are lost. There is no semblance of account history, portal history, user awards, and your name is known to nobody. There is no ecord of any achievements over time, because you had no achievements. It's like losing everything you ever did in Bush.

* I won't do anything "automatic" by IP - I know too many people that do play from the same IP, or from a shared IP at Uni. These players are more important to be allowed to play unhindered, than to automatically block a handful of guilty idiots.

* I never let people go just because they pretend it's a brother. Any claim of "it works 70% of the time" is absolute nonsense, as anyone who's ever seen the "brother" complaints on IRC know (such brother claims are openly mocked).

* I'll repeat a comment from above: I would rather let a few guilty idiots go, than irritate every innocent player there is.

* Reporting multis is as important as the automated detection. Automated detection logs a lot, but reports allow me to look up specific ID's and look at the logs created by the automatic detection software, without having to manually look at all the logs of a thousand players every day. I read every multi report I get and check in to them all, and the majority of multis are locked because somebody noticed something suspicious and allowed me to look in to a specific ID/group of ID's.

* (almost) All of your accounts with the exception of a 2 were made in the last 30 days, and the vast majority within the last 7 days - either because your previous accounts have been wiped or because you've never done this before (at a guess). Considering how busy I've been working feverishly on the Age 5 code particularly in this time-frame (to finish in time for Christmas), it's hardly suprising I hadn't got around to noticing your accounts myself, manually, with no reports to assist me and suggest I look in to those specific ID's. No doubt you would have been caught had you tried doing that for longer.

* I appreciate the suggestions, but perhaps you should spend your time learning to play the game at a high rank, and make a name for yourself as a capable player, rather than an incapable cheater.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Azzer said:
* I appreciate the suggestions, but perhaps you should spend your time learning to play the game at a high rank, and make a name for yourself as a capable player, rather than an incapable cheater.

:winner:

f0xx

Landscape Designer

ROFL, it is always fun to see how someone sucks while playing bush, but when you see how someone who is cheating sucks, then it is REALLY funny.

I salute you my friend, cheating and STILL sucking is a hard thing to achieve, I think there should be a profile award about this even.

IF you are going to cheat, make sure it is worthy.

IF you are going to cheat, cheat smart.

Cheating just to get your seeds planted is stupid.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

As a follow up, why did you pretend to want to be helpful to me/the game in your thread, and then after making the thread, go ahead and create ID's with names along these lines in the new round;

azzerisakankerluk azzersuckmydick
azzerisakankerlul azzersuckmydickl
azzerisakankerlulh azzersuckmydicklh
azzerisakankerlulhh azzersuckmydicklhh
azzerisakankerlulhhh azzersuckmydicklhhh
azzerisakankerlulk azzersuckmydickk
azzerisakankerlulkk azzersuckmydickkk
azzerisakankerlulkkl azzersuckmydickkkl

etc.

You also did it with gmail addresses which do not exist (since I banned the email domains you'd been using for "easy" account creation)... and thus accounts that you've not even been able to log in to.

That to me is not the action of somebody who merely multi'd but wants to offer assistance in preventing future multis, that to me is the action of somebody that is simply an idiot that wants to be abusive and troublesome. Or maybe you're just mis-understood... :roll:

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

I believe it's a form of abstract art. He's trying to portray a deep sense of despair about the economic crisis, and about the decreasing relevance of family values in a society which no longer has any place for them. The piece is quite effective in that it DOES get across a message of deepest despair, and I personally feel that it has a place within the artistic community. Maybe he should try and get into contact with Saatchi and get some publicity for his wonderous work.

Plus he's a git.

Callum

Digger

Did azzer edit the original post? As all it appears to be is some idiot who just used scripts to plant when it was sunny :S

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator

yes Azzer did edit the original post

/me doesnt have a copy of the original post to sell to people............

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Callum said:
Did azzer edit the original post? As all it appears to be is some idiot who just used scripts to plant when it was sunny :S
That was basically it, but on around 20 accounts for the final 7 days of the round.

Status
Not open for further replies.