Buying BT

Max

Garden Designer
From what I understand, there are multiple people who want to buy the game from Azzer and take it over, who knows how to put a price on it though :)

Intense

Pruner
Not so hard to get it up and going again though... Do some advertising, create android/iphone apps, etcetc =P

Let's see;
If there are 60 players purchasing blueprints every round, some ID bookings and a private world going on; That makes about 350 bc's a round.
There are 76 days in a round so that makes almost 4.8 rounds a year, let's say 4 with havoc
=> £1.4k income each year.

Now I have no idea of the server costs, but I'd say £20k is a good offer considering he'll never get that out of it in the long run. (Say server costs are £100/month, he'll have to wait 15 years, not considering the decrease of players every round. By that time the game will have died completely)

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Bush is one of the products under his 'Biggest Brightest Games' category. So you'd need contracts drawn up to mean he won't be able to use the source codes or create a similar product to rival you if you see fit.
The figures are totally unknown but I believe the bulk of his income used to come from Game Cash.

You also need to factor in as a purchaser your loss of earnings from alternative means, as coding and maintaining the game, if you wish to make it successful enough to live on will take a lot of time.

The biggest issue is the name of the game, that's the main thing which has caused me to not inform many of my friends I play "Hey mate, this game called Bushtarion kicks ass, you have to attack with Gardeners and steal other people's acres" - just no.

I think the code could be used effectivly in other genres but unless drastic changes occur, then you won't be able to make much money.

Where did you get £20k from...? :p

Intense

Pruner

Ram

Head Gardener
Implying that Azzer actually cares enough to copy the code and make a replica.

Alchemist

Weeder
As a mobile game, with the ever increasing amount of people always on the internet, with the right backing surely it could be massive.

But who has the know how and spare cash handy to put into something that might or might not work?

Are there no big app company's that it could be sold to? So azzer can make some money and the game gets the backing it needs to make it good again.

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
As a mobile game, with the ever increasing amount of people always on the internet, with the right backing surely it could be massive.

But who has the know how and spare cash handy to put into something that might or might not work?

Are there no big app company's that it could be sold to? So azzer can make some money and the game gets the backing it needs to make it good again.

The game still only appeals due to the personal interaction, as there are no fancy graphics to tempt people. The game would have to be too simple in order to play on a mobile.
Perhaps an app to have a 'simpler' version - allowing you to customise your links etc.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Azzer makes the majority of his money from game cash - which earns him a full time wage, last I checked.

This thread is only ever going to be pure speculation - the actual amount Bush is worth is open to debate, but nobody on these forums has financial figures to offer you re: how much Bush makes, or how much it could potentially be worth.

If I had to make a guess, personally, I'd put the figure for 100% of the business at around £50,000-£60,000 - That's pure guess work though.

More importantly, Azzer has expressed no desire to sell his company :p

Ram

Head Gardener
If I had to make a guess, personally, I'd put the figure for 100% of the business at around £50,000-£60,000 - That's pure guess work though.

I doubt it makes him a full time wage nowadays, maybe back in the day, but nowhere near that now.

He expresses no desire to do anything with the game.

Intense

Pruner

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Last Accounts Filed up to 31-12-2009

Fairly out of date figures, tbh?

Intense

Pruner
Last Accounts Filed up to 31-12-2009

Fairly out of date figures, tbh?

Kinda contradictory to what you can find below, I think you can buy the "Filed on: 29-12-2010, Annual Return made up to 03/12/2010". And I wonder what "DIRECTOR'S CHANGE OF PARTICULARS" contains =P

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
I dunno. If you're that interested, buy the bloody thing :p Speculating is fairly pointless.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator

I doubt it makes him a full time wage nowadays, maybe back in the day, but nowhere near that now.

He expresses no desire to do anything with the game.

A LOT of people still buy large amounts of game cash. It adds up. I've never bought any, personally, but I know a lot of people that do.

-

Lets not forget Azzer was able to get a mortgage on the back of his earnings, and he doesn't work other than for his own company. Mortgages aren't given out like sweets these days - ergo, Bush is making money.

Ram

Head Gardener
He got a mortgage when the game was still very much alive, he wouldn't get one now imo. He probably does programming work for other people and gets the rest of the money that way these days.