Bushtarion Java game?

Max

Garden Designer
Interestingly I've started work on this again, having received an affirmative response from the Azzman himself, and am just in the process of uploading a beta version onto Google Play.

I'll post when it's ready for testing :)

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
I don't know if this is still open to suggestions, and as I haven't read much other than the initial post, I apologise if this has already been suggested.

My idea is to get a few units and some funds and a hack report of a "target" you need to beat. Should you win, you continue to the next level, in which the target is a little bit more difficult. Over time the opponents get stronger and stronger, and as you progress you can "unlock" new techs and units, and your funds can increase. And you can save unused funds from previous levels and use them later on.

Perhaps have different tasks as well. Here's a hack report of someone, here's the money and units available to you, your goal is to land on him, kill his hamster, profit from the attack, defend successfully, and so on.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
So this is a local game where each enemy/target is either a pre-defined or randomly generated 'bot'?

Max

Garden Designer
The game behaves almost identical to that described by Dimitar. It's a purely local, "solo" game. Once it is up for beta testing I am more than happy to get feedback on how to develop the gameplay.

For me, which you can probably guess from my user profile, the most fun thing to add would be achievements, which you can work towards through different playstyles.

Only blocking issue for beta testing at the moment is I need to setup a google group and add tester e-mails to it. Having a hard week at work so might not happen until Friday, but I'll keep you posted :)

timtadams

Landscape Designer
The game behaves almost identical to that described by Dimitar. It's a purely local, "solo" game. Once it is up for beta testing I am more than happy to get feedback on how to develop the gameplay.

For me, which you can probably guess from my user profile, the most fun thing to add would be achievements, which you can work towards through different playstyles.

Only blocking issue for beta testing at the moment is I need to setup a google group and add tester e-mails to it. Having a hard week at work so might not happen until Friday, but I'll keep you posted :)

id be happy to test it out. Im actually studying Java a bit at the moment.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The game behaves almost identical to that described by Dimitar.

I see this as a copyright issue. Should your game profit at least :p

Stick a link somewhere in the settings or about screen or something to Bushtarion.com and we're good ;)

Not a lawyer but think copyright can only be used on like content rather than "mechanics" "ideas" "themes" (it's all a bit blurry). Obviously trading on the name itself "Bushtarion" would be an issue, ie if the mobile game was just called "Bushtarion" in the app stores - that'd be a problem when Bushtarion releases it's own actual multiplayer mobile app! "Bush Solo" "Bush Wars" etc. would be fine in my eyes and I have no idea if he's even going to name it after anything directly relating to Bushtarion anyway!? But the multiplayer mobile app for ACTUAL Bushtarion is in all likelihood going to be called "Bushtarion" (we'll see) so anything else called that would have to be DMCA'd :p

But he's asked so I'm not going to go chasing down somebody making a singleplayer mobile game with themes from Bushtarion (unit names, tech tree/tech types, combat concepts, ideas of Bush Flower Grass etc. etc. whatevers it's all cool), quite looking forward to seeing it!

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
yeah... I was really going on about my part of the deal there buddy.

EASTERN EUROPE STYLE

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
yeah... I was really going on about my part of the deal there buddy.

EASTERN EUROPE STYLE

Oh yes I see what you were saying now :p

Sorry wasn't paying too much attention, I'll use the drugs (painkillers) as an excuse for losing track of the thread, but really I was just not paying attention. But the drugs is a great excuse for stupidity this past year or two.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
Yeah but I think you went a bit overboard in your search for an excuse to take prescription medication. Too soon? Don't worry, the painkillers will make the joke funny

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah but I think you went a bit overboard in your search for an excuse to take prescription medication. Too soon? Don't worry, the painkillers will make the joke funny

It's NEVER too soon for jokes about ass cancer, don't you worry :p

Max

Garden Designer
OK so the way Google Play Beta testing works is through either a Google Group or a Google+ community.

Since this is my first time doing this - I need some willing volunteers! Send me a Private Message on the bushtarion forums with your e-mail address (or account mail in game) and I'll invite you to the group. I can then distribute the Beta version of the app to members of the group.

Cheers!

Max

Max

Garden Designer
OK - I've sent out the first wave of invites - let me know if you manage to successfully download the beta. Cheers.

Max

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
My bunkers got annihilated at level 25. I liked it but did not enjoy having to defend against traps and other bunkers.

And what does it mean when it says "xxx geos could have stolen yyy acres"? Did they or did they not? :D Maybe when you lose land, you should lose some of your income for the next wave (unless you already do, I'm not sure).

Also having unit characteristics somewhere would be good. Otherwise, well done. Does this use the actual bush battle calc?

EDIT: Carefully buying bunkers, turrets, ninjas, traps and yobs got me to level 25. Buying nothing but jeeps got me to level 27.

Last edited:

warrior

Pruner
can i get invite to play max please check pm for email address

thanks

Warrior