Bioshock

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer
I searched for this but couldnt find anything real based on this.
So decided to make new thread.
I played Crysis through and then started to look for reviews of other lately (during last year or so) games for PC. And only thing that interested me was bioshock.
After 15 mins of playing it was insanely good compared to Crysis. After 30 minutes i started to find negative points. After hour i was completely sold. And now after 3.5 hours of intence playing im ready to say its one of best games ever!
Yes i have not tried stalker yet... Still im completely sold to games where story and its depths are there. Im really tired to Crysis type of just run and shoot games.
If i play i really love all that work people have put to that game. And in this game... all those small details are awesome. Yes there are some flaws, but still i just cant stop playing it...
Now taking small food break and then gonna get back to it.

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer
Re: Bioshock

Now played maby bit under half of the game and im ready to doom whole game.
How can someone ruin something so great with such stupidity?
Playing on medium, tired to dieing against big daddys, tired to think new ways of getting around enemies, tired to everything.
Story is through atm. everything "new" is prolly more or less heard. Its all just normal FPS firing. Same BS with even bit less of fun than in majority of games. I have not got basicly any upgrades to any weapons yet and yet im tired to it.
Enemies are repeating themselves, though enemies are same as always, dieing a lot, not getting improvements at speed i would like to so im repeatin same tricks over and over again. Story is running at same BS speed, so to say its not moving. When you kill 10 bastards you get 20 against you in next "room". Same ****, been there seen that, doesnt impress me.

I really really hope for this games cause it gets a lot, lot better at the end or its just one more BS FPS to me. It started as best FPS ever, it had every thing awesome FPS needs to have in it. It was like doom 3^10, feeling was awesome! Now it dropped itself to level of lousy FPS. And i really dont like of lousy FPS's.
I really hope that S.T.A.L.K.E.R doesnt let me down this badly.

Hippie

Harvester

if you were let down by BioShock then don't bother with S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is more a fps fallout game. do things for this person, do things for that person, stay out of the radiated zones, this, that, something else. It takes soo long to get into the game and the enemies don't die.

That is my view on the game anywho, it is up to you if you want to try it

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator

The end of Bioshock is terrible. The last fight is so easy it's not funny. Just one big huge disappointment really! They could've done so much more with the game.
I'm quite a fan of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. though; it does have a sort of twist on most fps games, but as with any, some of the animal characters do get a bit repetitive. At least they made an effort to add a number of factions and introduce a variety of enemies, though, which sort of makes up for it. The missions vary quite a bit too - from helping someone escape, to finding your way into an underground facility to shut it down, to investigating an area. They stabbed themselves in the foot during production though when they removed vehicles at the last minute - although there's a mod which fixes that!

I'm actually looking forward to S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky (the prequel), looks like it could be an improvement; but during this day and age, anything could happen.

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

Im actually interested of stalker cause its not normal FPS and cause theres story in it. Bioshock started so well and its story was awesome. Then it turned to slaughter masses of enemies after you have photographed them game. Which i really dont like. Hacking was cool for first 5 times, now its "you must hack all stuff" boredom.

TehPantz

Head Gardener

I didn't like stalker. The graphics were nice, the gameplay was cool, and the free movement was amazing. But, it is way to hard to dive into. The learning curve was a bit steep and once you pass the fist few 'zones' then the enemies stack up and are difficult to kill. I think the game tries a bit too hard to be as realistic as possible. I am all for realism in a game, but not when radiation, gunslinging military, wild dogs, land mines, and helicopters are out to get you. I think they were heading in the right direction for the game, but the complex gameplay took away from some of the fun; it became too much of a contest then an actual 'game'.

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

Time to make my one last post about this game.
I played it throught. End was different. Ok it wasnt that good, but it wasnt that bad either. Last levels were actually pretty entertaining. Story got nice twist to it. So the boredom was half gone when i finished.
I dont say its best game ever. But i say its better than Crysis and didnt leave me but half cold :p

Xbox

Weeder

I rented this game and completed it yesterday it was good at first but about half way through started to get abit boring and repetitive and the last boss fight was too easy even on hard

Xbox

Weeder

'Will you kindly' lol The story was good but the game got repetitive run round kill some splicers then find what you need got abit boring