AR increases

timtadams

Landscape Designer
I know there are like a million threads on AR, but I couldn't find what I was looking for, so...

What is the increase in AR for damage taken in defence and offence? From what I recall from the days of solo is that the AR increase due to loses while attacking is less than that from defending.

I'd prefer quantitative descriptions if anyone knows.

PS unless it has changed again, I know AR drops at 0.12% per tick and,
Trigger = 1.45*(1-ARmod)*score
So no need to go over all that jazz

Cheers

Last edited:

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
I'm fairly sure AR gain is equal to the score pecentage lost, when fighting at home. So if you lose 30% of your score, you'll gain 30% AR. When losing acres the AR gain is equal to the land percentage lost. I've no idea how it works when attacking or defending someone else

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I don't know about score loss, but i can confirm Dimitar being correct in percent of landloss equating directly to AR gain.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
Just did a little test with Yochoko. She lost 0.76% of her value and gained 1.04% AR mod.

This makes me think that the AR gain is equal to the percentage of troop score you lose, rather than total score

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
This makes me think that the AR gain is equal to the percentage of troop score you lose, rather than total score

This. With land, seed, development score, etc. it would be very difficult to get 90% AR if it was from total score rather than troop score.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Just did a little test with Yochoko. She lost 0.76% of her value and gained 1.04% AR mod.

What if you have almost no troops? What if you have 1 hippy only and someone kills it? Will AR jump from 0 to 90%?
I wouldnt think so.

Maybe the AR mod increase is still proportional to score damage taken, but by a factor. But the factor (or inverse) in Dimi's example isnt round, so maybe it's variable.

How did you calculate the value lost Dimi? Was it the difference in score between the two ticks, or the value of troops lost divided by score before BR? I would presume the latter would be the appropriate method since seeds gained may affect result.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
This will take some great mathematical minds to solve.

I can't be bothered. You'll want to ask CF/Max.

Max

Garden Designer
After hearing a few rumours whispered of some potential qualitative numbers a few rounds back, I did a bit of testing to see if I could confirm them, and found the rumours were indeed correct!:

Firstly, the calculation is indeed based on TOTAL VALUATION - LAND SCORE.

AR modifier increase = % score drop x F

where F is a constant factor that depends on whether the score drop was taken at home, or defending / attacking at another ID other than your own.

If defending your own ID: F = 1.75
If attacking / defending another ID: F = 0.25

However, this doesn't appear to agree with the Yochoko test, which worries me somewhat, since it's worked for me in the past :p

Summary of the consequences!

1) If you want to boost your AR, lose troops at home, you get 7 times more AR modifier than defending PNAPs or suiciding on attacks.

2) If you want to go from having an AR modifier of 0 to 90, you need to lose just over 50% of your TOTAL SCORE at home. This means that you can a 90% AR modifier increase and still have some troops to spare (albeit land fatness depending...)

3) Even if your entire total score was made up of troops and you killed them all attacking, the most AR modifier increase you can get is 25% when defending / attacking others.

Of course, in light of contrary evidence, I'd be happy to change my equations accordingly and be grateful of any additional info :D

Last edited:

No-Dachi

Official Helper
I'm pretty sure it must be score-[land score], hence loosing 1 hippy wont affect it, since you are bound to have score from seeds, plants, devs, funds, intel, etc.

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Firstly, the calculation is indeed based on TOTAL VALUATION, rather than just troop score, thus circumnavigating the "what if one hippy dies" problem.

Pretty sure it's total score - land score (as Dachi says). Aside from that, everything you said is correct.

No-Dachi

Official Helper
Also, you get x% ARmod for loosing x% land, regardless of the value loss you get. So a standard tick of land lost wil net you 15% ARmod increase.

On the topic of ARmod - sleepmode does not interfere with the drop of 0.12 a tick, right?

Yochoko

Head Gardener
Also, you get x% ARmod for loosing x% land, regardless of the value loss you get. So a standard tick of land lost wil net you 15% ARmod increase.

On the topic of ARmod - sleepmode does not interfere with the drop of 0.12 a tick, right?

Sometimes it's not 15%. It varies between 10-15%.

Sleepmode does not interfere with the AR drop per tick. AR continues to drop. On the other hand, Fame doesn't drop and so WK/WW won't leave while in sleepmode.

P.S. - if anyone wants to test about AR for any supplemental elements for calculating, i'm available!

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Sometimes it's not 15%. It varies between 10-15%.

But are the times when it's 10-15% consistent with that being the percentage of land lost? If your attacker gets capped at 11% land steal, then is the AR gain 11%? Or are you saying that sometimes you lose a "full" grab, and you don't get a "full" AR boost? I was always under the impression it was the former, but I could be mistaken, I don't play solo all that much ;)

Yochoko

Head Gardener
The highest AR increase by losing lands I experienced is 15% with my inc's full grab. Which I can be sure of, that means a pure land loss that can be calculated without troop loss. (like sending out at LT with AR less than 75%.) I haven't noticed any bigger AR increase from losing lands in my solo experiences so far.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
its equal to land taken/total land. (%) so if not enough geos get through or it gets capped, you will gain the equivalent in AR.

and it can go up to 18% if thiefs land uncapped. im fairly sure. but cant be 100% certain as it was a while ago