• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

App Store/ android market

timtadams

Landscape Designer
We've been over this before, but I belive an app would need to be a simplified version of the game. Maybe simplify the income process, maybe simplify the route devving, maybe simplify something else - with the option of keeping it as it is for more advanced users. An app needs to be easy to grasp to keep the interest of people taking a quick peek into it, but not so dumbed down that it removes what the game is about.

If I understand what you're suggesting, would require changing the actual game. This won't happen. However a basic portal which simplifies the layout and interaction is reasonable. This could still simplify planting/income aspects by automating and condensing some actions. Could also include shortcuts for sending attacks direct from player profile page. That sort of stuff.

Imo it just needs to be a simple gateway to a browser and then simplication of gardening.

Also, a mod should lock all suggestion posts or something

I didnt even get a reply when i offered free help.

Forget it guys, seriously the suggestion threads are not worth your time.

There are another 1/2 rounds left. Just enjoy them.

Actually, I enjoy programming more than this game. No need to lock suggestions, no harm in them.

Yang

Harvester
IMO Bushtarion would be easier to market just by changing names of few of the mechanics, like changing plants into like mines or something like that. Also changing the names/classes of few of the units would make the game easier(like distract/disable etc.). Overall I think the major mechanics would stay the same. Gameplay wise I think there could potentially be quite some value left in Bush due to pretty solid mechanics.

Bump again, if anyone who is interested in getting together, discussing this and then giving a joint proposal to Azzer, please drop me a PM so we can discuss this via skype which is easier for me.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
i don't know about others, but I would not be doing this for marketing reasons, just for myself and i guess the others that already play.

But IF i were to do something it would be months away. I haven't even had access to a PC for 4 months, and won't for another 2 weeks still. And i well be working on another couple of apps. And I only do this stuff for 'fun'.

Let me get back to you in a couple of months.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
Har har. But seriously, nothing will ever come of these posts. No one checks for previous postings so the same stuff gets rehashed.

Even DA's thread of changes amounted to squat.

It's nice that people want to believe something will happen and that Bush will make a comeback, but even if it does - it won't be because of these posts.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Actually I was banned for 'stalking' somebody, so it was BS. They were my threads that were on topic until you retards barged in on them.

Tim, I'm meeting Gavin for business stuff on Monday - I'll get him to give you a brief breakdown and tutorial sources and you can use it if you like.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
for effect only...

nJCMFPU.jpg

good luck though. be interesting to see if something happens.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer

If Tim decides he wants to do this, then he'll have my support where it's needed - I think when people become negative towards something positive that can actually happen, then we're looking at unjustified negativity (in this case we have a reliable and long-standing community member offering support to build something that could turn this game around if done correctly).

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

If Tim decides he wants to do this, then he'll have my support where it's needed - I think when people become negative towards something positive that can actually happen, then we're looking at unjustified negativity (in this case we have a reliable and long-standing community member offering support to build something that could turn this game around if done correctly).

I think we would all be happy to have something positive happen, but the negativity (or pessimism) is justified because we've been led down the garden path quite a few times before.

I'm not sure it would ever be able to revive the game, but if he wants to do it, then he should go ahead and do it. Best of luck.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
haha, anyones opinion won't affect any decision i make to mess around. I will definitely look at it when i get home, but no promises. I'm no pro, and if it gets too hard I'll probably move onto something else. But ideally, it shouldn't be too complicated.

edd

Tree Surgeon
I think we would all be happy to have something positive happen, but the negativity (or pessimism) is justified because we've been led down the garden path quite a few times before.

You tricked me Tim Sawyer :(

Last edited:

alwaysnumb

Head Gardener
surely all it needs is a decent bit of css that works only on phones and a little bit extra JS to make certain tasks easier.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Actually, it's even less than that. Tim, pm me and I'll explain what Gavin and I spoke about yesterday.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
What? I mean I've not had any in years, but you're saying there is such an amount?