android phone games

Royalspades

Weeder
So I recently got my first smart phone from being.out of the army. anyone know of some good games that waste a lot of time? Any useful apps.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Crime city

I play it every day

Alarm droid ... much better than the default alarm

Royalspades

Weeder
I download blood wars and that game is pretty awesome. Im trying to find some games that will just consume my life in between ticks :)

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
angry birds (if you haven't played it yet, there's like a trillion levels)
bubble shooter (i'm totally addicted)

those are my current favourites.

but whoever said emulators first was winning. I have all the mario/super mario etc games on an emulator. Mario Kart 64, etc etc. Just pure win.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Flappy bird is worth playing

If you want to break your phone in a fit of rage ;)

My Boy is a great for a free game boy emulator. Don't forget, you need ROMs.

FPse for Android is a PSone emulator. Not free, but for a couple bucks it's totally worth it. One of 2 apps I've ever paid for. Very good compatibility and again, need to download ROMs of games you want to play.

Also need to download the bios, google "SPCH1001.BIN". Note that there are different versions with slightly different numbers for different regions, eg Europe/Australia or Japan. 1001 is US, but any should do. You might have better luck finding a download of the bios on torrents since it's not exactly legal to share. eg disclaimer, you should download only if you own a PSone.

If your phone has OTG support you can plug in a simple USB game pad via an OTG cable (like a dollar off ebay). I've easily used a Chinese analog PS controller ripoff after assigning button controls. Much better than on screen controls. I've considered bending up a wire frame which would hold phone above controller for better convenience, if I get the chance to play.

Clever Contraptions is basically a clone of The Incredible Machine, if anyone remembers that classic Windows puzzle game. The lite version is very limited if I recall correctly, but it's worth trying out.