• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

A complete overhaul is needed

Sekt

Digger
Seeing as this will most likely not be read by admin i will not spend too much time on specifics but here is a general overview of what i think will help/improve and breath some much needed life back into this once great game.

whats wrong?

1/ Activity requirement
2/ Balance
3/ Valuation = Rank

Some suggestions:

1/ Right now bush requires a lot of attention unparalleled by other games. You can do alright but you could never be great playing casually.

I would increase the Tick time to 15 minutes and increase all eta by +1. This would make a standard geo attack take 1 hr 30 minutes.

Secondly I would completely overhaul how the time works. I would make it so that 24hr RT = 1 year game time. This would mean roughly 2 hrs = 1 month. The year would start with Jan 1st = 03:00. The reason for this would be that during the winter months (Nov - Feb) Eta would have a x 3 modifier. This reflects that war during winter is often hampered and logistics takes longer.

Example: during winter geo attack with x 3 modifier would take 4 hrs 30 mins

2/ The game should be simplified too many routes and options. Yes it can be interesting to have variety but too much is overwhelming for potential new players.

To this end I would suggest the complete removal of the fantasy branch. To support my reasoning I will refer to the Rock/Paper/Scissors/Lizard/Spock ideal. At the moment there are six tech trees to choose from this can't be balanced effectively so either 5 trees are needed 1 tree kills two and is killed by two or add another tree so there is a total of 7. As stated before I think simplicity is better therefore advocate 5 over 7.

To further improve balance bonuses should be used to better define the trees that can kill you and that you can kill.

i.e. All Thug units get a 25% bonus vs all Protestor units.

3/ Valuation being the be all and end all is problematic as you can work all round and then on the last day have it all striped away. I propose that Rank should be gained so;

Rank = Score + effectiveness + h/f (unsure about h/f)

with score making up the majority of the Rank but not completely.

Score is gained through valuation but does not equal valuation. Points are generated towards your score every tick. Higher Valuation = higher score gain. Once points have been gained they can not be lost again. The score gain for valuation would also reduce the higher your valuation. y = x^1/2

This would reduce the frustration of being zeroed and reward players for consistent good play.

I'm not sure how effectiveness is calculated at the moment but I suggest that it should be calculated thus;

Effectiveness = ((value gained + killed + distracted^1/2)/value lost) x (target value/mob value)

This wold address the fact that you lose eff for flaking as the value of the land gained would greatly outweigh the loses from ticks 1,2 and 3.

More general suggestions:

People need more incentives so create more user awards etc
giving people more to aim for rather than just rank 1. This could be along the lines of getting a novelty non combat unit for the following round if you do something.

I.e rank one bounty hunter gets a boba fett unit.
or rank one stealer gets a gold plated wheelbarrow.

these units though non combat could still show up on BR's saying something whimsical.

TLDR:

1/ Increase ETA by +1, revamp time so winter is during RT night time and ETA penalty of x 3.
2/ Remove fantasy and balance around bonuses to give rock/paper/scissors/lizard/spock feel.
3/ Rank should not = valuation. Rank should be earned over time.

Just a few thoughts

antisback

Head Gardener
This is everything that is wrong with the game summed up into 33 easy to read paragraphs, cracking post.

FeR

Harvester
I agree with a lot of things, but the 15 minutes ticks and the INSANE idea of a 4 hours attack (Even though it was a good thinking the winter reducing the time to get to the target), but if i even send an attack that takes 4 hours and 30 minutes to arrive, i just click the red X and would never come back.