• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Reinstate Christmas Break (Petition)

Reinstate Christmas Break (Petition)

• Total voters

Changer

Head Gardener
Apparently people don't want this.

I am shocked and appalled at the late notice of its removal.

[Edit by DA 18/1/2012]

This thread has been reopened in the form of a petition - Please vote either way on whether you would like Christmas break reinstating and feel free to provide your reasoning. Objective reasoning is far more helpful to the community as a whole!

Please see some already discussed Pros and Cons -> Here

Last edited by a moderator:

Changer

Head Gardener
3 hours before it should come into force iirc. People will not know and so will not log on today expecting to be safe.

I don't expect this to be read either, utterly shocking.

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
how odd idd, i have no recollection of anyone being angry with it last year =/
i think the bump to his head has made Azzer delusional...

Edit:
having done a forums search there was one post complaining last year and that was cos it was enforced snow for the entire duration
removing it cos of one persons complaint doesn't seem logical...

oh and Martin said he didn't like it this year, but thats about it... really.. this is silly...

Last edited:

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
drama_llama.jpg

[10:29:07] < Hobbezak > People are stupid anyway, they'll complain every chance they have at complaining anyway :p
[10:29:27] < Hobbezak > christmas break -> zomg no war during my time off work!!!!!!
[10:29:47] < Hobbezak > no christmas break -> zomg I'll get p00ned during christmas dinner!!!!!

Changer

Head Gardener
Well the general playerbase should have been given a vote on the choice then.
Im fairly certain the number of people wanting a break would overcome those wanting to play.

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
Im fairly certain the number of people wanting a break would overcome those wanting to play.

idd, i kept looking and have to go back 3 years to a post by lukey asking for its removal -> http://www.bushtarion.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98&highlight=christmas <-- the thread in question (with Azzer supporting its continued inclusion)

srsly, just grargh, if it aint broke why fix it >.<

Hobbezak

Garden Designer

DL.jpg

Sleepmode?
It's not like your alliance would get bashed, with such an overwhelming majority of people in sleepmode as they want a break...

Changer

Head Gardener
Added a vote to the thread.

If a mod sees this please add a 'I don't care either way, but I think you're all being crybabies'.

Ta

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Personally i was never bothered either way really BUT i think that overall its a positive thing. Considering a large amount of people can't play (certainly not actively) and some can it makes sense to me to have just a 24-36 hour (the old one was 2 days?) break to cover all the bases.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Added new option to the poll as per your request, Changer.

I must admit, whilst I can see clearly the argument for not having a forced break, I do not like the idea of no break for Christmas.

In my mind this move caters toward the minority of the playerbase who either won't be having christmas meals/other christmas activities rather than the vast majority who will be taking part in said things with family.

I think we should be encouraging our playerbase to not bother logging on christmas day and spend time with their families/girlfriends etc without having to worry about 30 days of effort being ruined by someone who (and I mean no disrespect by this) doesn't have anything else to do Christmas day - and (realistically) someone who is going to take advantage of a very large percentage of people being uncontactable/unavailable.

If this does remain in place, and to be honest I think if it does its a really damaging move - I'd urge people not to take part in stealth rushes etc, as they'd be quite frankly mean.

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
I don't want to come accross to ignorant to the reasons for the break, but - Sleep Mode?

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
A valid response Martin, but should people really have to pay out anywhere upwards of £400-500bn in lost revenue to spend Christmas day with their family?

The game values that amount at over £18GBP at present

You can currently purchase up to £417,500,000,000 game cash for 18 Bushtarion Credits, however you need another 18 Bushtarion Credits first.

-

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
I don't want to come accross to ignorant to the reasons for the break, but - Sleep Mode?

and what about those who hit sleep say last night, expecting to come out during the christmas peace time and wont be online till boxing day?

the short notice of the change is my biggest concern rather than the actual change, i'm tbh same as Pin easy either way

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
The late notice was quite naughty tbh :<

IceOfFire

Garden Designer
Even if the player base do really want the break and think Azzer has made a bad decision. The chance he will even bother to check or give a sh!t is unlikely.

As much as i want the break, i would just prepare yourself for SM.

No-Dachi

Official Helper
The problem with assuming that people can just sleepmode over Christmas is that there will be so many who have to use it, because they simply cannot be contacted during Christams dinner or maybe during the whole evening. A top alliance can be toppled in one day, because half their members are forced to enter sleepmode, and a third can't be contacted. I can already hear the cries for "letting the inactive die a slow death" and "if they can't be here, they have only themselves to blame", but this game is already so time demanding and is consuming a lot of our daily lives. Why can't we have one day during the whole year where we don't have to fear incoming, dedicate nigh****ches and constantly check to spot stealth rushes?

Bring back the Christmas break!

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
A top alliance can be toppled in one day, because half their members are forced to enter sleepmode, and a third can't be contacted.

What a load of bull. Top alliances are always 24/7 contactable, they can easily organise a mass sleepmode if they wanted to (dRage, who's players weren't even recruited as "ftw", managed to get a 19/20 sleepmode, organised the night before).

There was no advertised "christmas break", so instead of assuming Azzer would take care of it, the people who apparently care so much, could have taken precautions already. The fact that they didn't, is not Azzers fault, it's their own.

edit: forgot to add a drama llama pic:
the-drama-llama.jpg