I am sorry

shr3k1989

Digger
This is to everyone that plays Bushtarion,

As many of you know, I (Shr3k) decided last round, on my own doing to spy on alliances to gather intel.

This was a silly mistake and i should have known better.

I have played since round 4 with only a few rounds off and r36 was my first and my last time as spying.

Many of you may think im purely appologising becuase of the grief and the fact my bushtarion days may actually now be over due to trust issues.

I won't lie some of this apology is for personal gains, i like bushtarion and don't want to quit, but i cannot continue playing yet.

I am also apologising because i realise i potentially ruined peoples rounds and now im paying the price.

I understand that apologising like this isn't going to make everyone love me overnight, but hopefully eventually when people see im still solo and maybe after a few rounds i may get some trust back.

Anyway, yes its my own fault but i have realised now, what is just a game to a few is a little more, and i do miss the social interaction.

Shr3k

Melnibone

Head Gardener
Why you apologising? spying is an integral part of any conflict military or otherwise i have spied several times in bushtarion

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
Spying is pathetic, the only reason it's probably not illegal by now is because it's basically impossible to prove. He's completely right he needs to apologize to his alliance-mates (though probably more so where they'll actually read it :p), and for someone who's played for so long he should know better.

Melnibone

Head Gardener
My god i appreciate its not nice when it happens to you (and it has happened to me many times) but seriously its perfectly acceptable in any real life conflict but not in a wargame?

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
How many times do people have to point out that real life isn't comparable to games for people to get it?

There's a reason there are specific rules in Bushtarion, and there are reasons why RL conflicts have very few specific rules.

Edit: I don't (think?) it's happened to me, or at the very least not for a very very long time.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
My god i appreciate its not nice when it happens to you (and it has happened to me many times) but seriously its perfectly acceptable in any real life conflict but not in a wargame?

Well you could argue that in a game you are playing for the general idea of making it fun for everyone. Not all the time, and not every moment of the game; but presumably everyone should have fun at some point, otherwise they're not going to want to play.

So while in a real life conflict you might be in a true life or death struggle with innumerable real life consequences, of course you will use every single advantage you have, or equipment you can use, or whatever. In that type of conflict you should be using every available resource to help yourself win, don't commit to a conflict unless you're prepared to go 100%. That maxim is as old as warfare.

However, it just doesn't seem necessary in this game, especially when the competition is limited enough already due to a lack of "ftw" players. Spying tends to ruin alliances in these days, rather than strengthen them through communal hardship and bonding as a team. They are more likely to have shipjumpers and then an eventual disband, or essential rebuild of team members. While that is a sad commentary on the playerbase, it also reveals, imo, why spying is such a dangerous tactic these days. It's more likely than just about any other action to produce the quitting of players.

Melnibone

Head Gardener
Or on the occasions it happened to me or alliances i was in, it meant we had a lot of incoming which forced us to gel together as a team and instead of breaking the alliance it made it a lot stronger i personally remember from rds 5-15 spying was a very large part of the game.

I genuinely cannot understand the hatred for spies in this game???

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
Then you're genuinely wrong :p

I can deal with 60 incomings

I can't deal with 60 incomings with mob notes sent to the people attacking me. Pure and simple, nobody can. Even if it does make you 'gel together'

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Having your defence sent to your enemy essentially "live"; is a death knell for any alliance melnibone. Perhaps once you're dead you can rebuild as a team, but most players don't stick around that long these days ;)

shr3k1989

Digger
Jut to let people know ive decided to quit the game, as many of you know i played from round 4 - 29 with just 1 round break, came back in 37 but kinda ruined it.

Been nice while it lasted, alot quieter now so hope the game picks up, but never know with these things.

Ive left my id on for the moment with 1k land to help out some newbs.

My missus might play, here in game name will be glitterbabez, she has wanted to play for ages but wouldnt let her due to the 30 minute rule.

Don't have a go at her, wasnt my fault i decided to go spying and be gentle, she doesnt get these games haha

Peace out and never know might see you on other games later on

Davs

Garden Designer
Just found this thread. LOL.

Yes spying is a nasty tactic, but people do seem to be over-reacting a bit. I won't say it's a totally legitimate thing to do, or a perfectly viable tactic (those who know me know how I treat any spies I encounter) but that doesn't mean that this guy needs to feel the need to quit because he did it.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I don't think anyone is making him quit. No one wants to play with someone who is a spy; so he screwed himself over. He doesn't have to quit. He just can't play with an ally :p I do believe some players call that "solo".

Davs

Garden Designer
I don't think anyone is making him quit. No one wants to play with someone who is a spy; so he screwed himself over. He doesn't have to quit. He just can't play with an ally :p I do believe some players call that "solo".

I call it "bliss" tbh :p

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Spying when there are such few allies left in the game now is poor show.

15 rounds + ago i'd of said it would be ok.
Now it's kinda fail.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
It often comes down to the fact of how good of a player you are in terms of if people will forgive you, sadly.

Twigley has done many dishonorable, distasteful, and downright dishonest things, comparable to spying or worse. Almost any player in the game will still play with him because they know if he's making a ftw alliance it's probably going to win. Shrek...well...apparently he's been playing for ages and I have no idea who he is, so *shrugs*. Spy. Won't ever play with him.

I'm sure he could still find an alliance though. It just might limit his options a little, I think he overreacted if he thought he'd never be able to find an alliance that would take him :p

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
Twigley annoys me with his fail grammar. would HAVE said, you moron.