Antimalware Doctor HELP!!!

tomtree

Head Gardener
Basically somehow i have got this thing called antimalware doctor which is telling me i have loads of viruses etc. i know its fake and there is nothing wrong with my laptop and this constant msgs are really annoying and make it impossible to watch videos or play on games without being constantly interrupted... if you google how to remove it they all tell you that you need to download other "free" software which i am very dubious about.

has anyone got any ideas how i can get rid of it? i have tried finding where the files are and deleting them, i have tried the uninstall programs thing. Basically its telling my that to uninstall it i need to buy the full version, which im not doing!

HELP PLEASE!!!!

yeh, so basically any help would be much appreciated! :)

Davs

Garden Designer
I had a similar problem a while ago. If you find the website for Spybot S&D and go to their help forums you might find something of use there. They're really helpful for most things like this.

Alvestein

Garden Designer
what did you google? the name?
it might be more helpful if you google the program name if its not the same ofc :p

Alvestein

Garden Designer
can you ctrl alt delete? if you can maybe find it on the processes tab then you might have better luck googling that instead ^^ followed by .exe

CFalcon

Official Helper
I had this same virus about a month ago. It's a pretty nasty trojan, so get rid of it asap.

And yes, the solution I saw quoted in alot of places was download this or that. The one that looked trustworthy, and that I successfully used to get rid of Antimalware Doctor was Malwarebytes' Antimalware. And I've used it as my antivirus since then and it's given me no hastle. Definitely recommend it.

If you've got the same version of the Antimalware Doctor trojan that I had, then you might have some trouble either downloading or running Malwarebytes. The trojan seemed very good at killing anything else on my laptop that might threaten it. So I had to download it on another computer, change all the file names to something non-threatening, and transfer it via USB to my infected laptop.

Anyway, Malwarebytes looks pretty trustworthy to me (seen reviews and references on lots of reputable websites) and it seemed to get the job done.

tomtree

Head Gardener
I had this same virus about a month ago. It's a pretty nasty trojan, so get rid of it asap.

And yes, the solution I saw quoted in alot of places was download this or that. The one that looked trustworthy, and that I successfully used to get rid of Antimalware Doctor was Malwarebytes' Antimalware. And I've used it as my antivirus since then and it's given me no hastle. Definitely recommend it.

If you've got the same version of the Antimalware Doctor trojan that I had, then you might have some trouble either downloading or running Malwarebytes. The trojan seemed very good at killing anything else on my laptop that might threaten it. So I had to download it on another computer, change all the file names to something non-threatening, and transfer it via USB to my infected laptop.

Anyway, Malwarebytes looks pretty trustworthy to me (seen reviews and references on lots of reputable websites) and it seemed to get the job done.

did this; worked a treat! thanks CFalcon. :D

Darryl

Head Gardener

how exactly do trojans work? cos i have done some online banking since having it... so im hoping it's not one of the ones that steal your info... :(

There's no single purpose for this kind of malware. Some steal your info, some just use your PC for other purposes (spam, etc), some simply try to con you to give them money ("you have a virus, pay for this software to get rid of it!!").

I'd guess that your bank would already be cleared out if your details have been logged, but there's no sense in taking chances. Now it's removed, change your login details for any sites you care about. And go through your recent statements.