• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Transparency between partners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walking_Death

Harvester
It would be nice if alliances and PNAPs could see each other's units (if they want to make such information available) without constantly having to update titles. Also, PNAPs have no means of being informed of the happenings between each other without hax/spy or messages (which isn't helpful in those cases where one is offline). It would also be good in alliances when you don't wanna hax/spy and/or someone is stealth. Just an idea.

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
I don't like it. Alliances where players communicate with eachother, and work together, should have an advantage over alliances where people don't communicate.

Walking_Death

Harvester
I don't like it. Alliances where players communicate with eachother, and work together, should have an advantage over alliances where people don't communicate.

and solos? Its basically just to lighten the load. You'll still need to coordinate etc, and what about solo partners? Alliances have the incoming list, but solo partners don't have anything like that...

Hobbezak

Garden Designer

and solos? Its basically just to lighten the load. You'll still need to coordinate etc, and what about solo partners? Alliances have the incoming list, but solo partners don't have anything like that...

It's the disadvantage of being solo. Again, solo's who communicate with eachother better, will get better results. As it should.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

It's the disadvantage of being solo. Again, solo's who communicate with eachother better, will get better results. As it should.

Agreed with Hobbe.

Solos should have to work a bit harder to keep an eye on each other and keep up good communication in order to do well.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Yeah, cause its not like having 19 people able to defend you rather than 2 is any advantage :roll:

Seriously though. Disagree to being able to see troops. I however wouldnt disagree to having some other means of knowing when your NAP has inc.
Maybe you receive news when they are ETA 3 or something. Or it shows on your overview when ETA 4 (no news so you still have too look for it)
Maybe this ability could only be unlocked one youve researched spies.
OR have another dev for like £40b after spies that allowed this.

I mean its kindof annoying constantly spying. You could change the above values to less. Maybe when Att you recieve in your news an SOS from your NAP allowing you to send possibly Gurus (if POM) or even h/y to block. It wont help you defend, just maybe stop a land hit.

There are many of ways that this could be implemented. But i doubt anything will happen. Solos will just have to stick to spying every tick

Walking_Death

Harvester
Yeah, cause its not like having 19 people able to defend you rather than 2 is any advantage :roll:

Seriously though. Disagree to being able to see troops. I however wouldnt disagree to having some other means of knowing when your NAP has inc.
Maybe you receive news when they are ETA 3 or something. Or it shows on your overview when ETA 4 (no news so you still have too look for it)
Maybe this ability could only be unlocked one youve researched spies.
OR have another dev for like £40b after spies that allowed this.

I mean its kindof annoying constantly spying. You could change the above values to less. Maybe when Att you recieve in your news an SOS from your NAP allowing you to send possibly Gurus (if POM) or even h/y to block. It wont help you defend, just maybe stop a land hit.

There are many of ways that this could be implemented. But i doubt anything will happen. Solos will just have to stick to spying every tick

really for solos, the main thing in my eyes is being able to see incoming

Walking_Death

Harvester
isnt the spying just part of being solo?

yes, but having a pnap defeats the purpose, or at least it should in my opinion.

I not sure what you mean

if you're teammates, then you shouldn't have to spy to find out their incomings. Do alliances have to with their teammates? Basically, just between solo partners, have an incoming board like alliances do. Make it only ETA 3 to encourage communication, or make it upgradeable or something...

EDIT: And why is taking the pain in the ass out of updating titles/spamming politics disagreeable? If they choose to make it available, then alliance members (hell, you could even throw in a security access) can find out what you have, especially if you're stealth.

Davs

Garden Designer
the whole point of solo play is that you're alone. Yes, you can get "solo partners" but that doesn't mean that the three of you are anything like an alliance. You help each other out as best as possible, but you're still 3 individuals - that's why there's no coordination other than what you put the effort in to create (via mail/irc/whatever).

If you're in an alliance you're part of a team, therefore there are several things in place to make that team work more smoothly.

And as for being able to see other people's troops without hacks - no.

In short: No to all parts of this suggestion.

alwaysnumb

Head Gardener
well where do you stop.

You could make mini allies max 3 players gain all the benefits from allie play as well as the solo bonus of ar.
But this is just stupid if you want allie stuff join an allie.

I like to see my naps in my news spying me and I do it to them whether they off or online, I think its part of what makes a good solo group all spying on each other. I cant count the number of times my naps have msn me to tell me I got inc when I am online.

Walking_Death

Harvester
well where do you stop.

You could make mini allies max 3 players gain all the benefits from allie play as well as the solo bonus of ar.
But this is just stupid if you want allie stuff join an allie.

I like to see my naps in my news spying me and I do it to them whether they off or online, I think its part of what makes a good solo group all spying on each other. I cant count the number of times my naps have msn me to tell me I got inc when I am online.

so solos who have partners shouldn't have any conveniences whatsoever? I wouldn't like to be spied constantly, because I'd never know when its my ally and when it's not. At very least, for these cases in which your solo partner or alliance mate spies/hacks you, could we just make it so that you can tell it's them whenever it is?

Status
Not open for further replies.