the changes for next round

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
http://bushtarion.com/portal/portal_news_updates.php

i like all of them. They are looking good. WK still look dangerous, but probably will die alot before firing so that should work out for the best. Thanks azzer!

vamps and Sa fire on the same tick! how mad is that. i gues in both cases defenders get the advantage. eta 2 stealth as well nice

Harriers got a slight buff, guess we'll see if its enough!

i like sirens doing more armour damage and sorcs being cheaper. should make the combo even stronger than what i saw in havoc.

and im pleased fanatics went back to how they should be a super active last tick of death route, now perhaps with even more chance of making it till last tick with those buffed rebels.

what do you guys think of the changes?

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
Vamp's overpowered now. Need to remove bribing and/or increase cost. (maybe, I haven't actually seen their firepower ability, but I think this is the case)

WK's I still don't like an early flak KILLER coming out 12 hours in to the round. Make them distract the first 72 hours or something. Also please add H/F in to tooltips so we can see if people have WK's.

Sorc/Siren cheaper...Step in the right direction. Don't think it's enough, mainly because I dislike the siren unit concept.

Adrenaline stuff wasn't removed? Lame.

Davs

Garden Designer
I still see very little point in the existence of rebels as stunners. They're not even THAT fast, but at least they're cheap so will act as flak.

I still think WKs and WWs should have been swapped over in terms of the order that they get given out as this would stop the flak wars becoming suicide for some players 12hrs into the round (especially as you can get a few WKs whilst still having the title "Fair" so no one would see it coming).

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
Adrenaline stuff wasn't removed? Lame.
Removing it would be complete overkill - the people at the top need some sort of threat.

If RPG's can still profit or break even by suicidng all of their troops I will always disagree with it.

You added H/F, which DOUBLED! if not TRIPLED! the bounty on most top players. You also removed adrenaline rushing lowering bounty. Then you add something that doubles bounty AGAIN? and allows people to have to be woken up potentially 10+x a night?

Ahead

Head Gardener
Sirens didn't need more armour damage and harriers didn't need buffing so much. Sirens are meant to target health, not armour - that is their weakness. WKs still have too much health/armour and do too much damage. Rebels are still ****.

Fanatic change is good though and I can live with the arsonist change.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
I still think WKs and WWs should have been swapped over in terms of the order that they get given out as this would stop the flak wars becoming suicide for some players 12hrs into the round (especially as you can get a few WKs whilst still having the title "Fair" so no one would see it coming).

I agree completely. I too think they are overpowered, especially at the start. I was thinking making it take longer for them to come out, but i think this may be a better option.

I would be against reducing their stats as they would be pretty useless later on in the game (well, at least useless enough that i wouldnt bother wanting them)

Stegosaurus

Pruner
I am disappointed there is no change to cyborg gardeners, I was hoping for a price increase, or a little less AR. Also hoped WKs damage would be toned down a little, they absolutely slaughter flak in the lower ranks when you can't afford to be constantly replacing gardeners. Maybe the max WKs you can get should factor in your size or score?

The buff to vampires seems a little overkill. They no longer resemble the function they served during -75% days. Now they essentially feel like a slightly flimsier TL that fires earlier and converts.

I'm glad to see harriers getting a bit of a bonus though, apart from the occasional PA or small striker, they couldn't really take advantage of their low ETA. I hope the survivability boost makes that a little more viable.

This shared initiative thing feels a little messy.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
Sirens didn't need more armour damage and harriers didn't need buffing so much. Sirens are meant to target health, not armour - that is their weakness.

fyi the buff was tiny, just allowed them to target what imo they were meant to

the buff has made sirens go from stunning 1.38 tls per siren to 1.49. not enough to do anything to the armour routes that can kill them especially if you consider -25%hd/Ad against machine vehicle robot and undead.

it just made them work a bit better at what they were attempting to do before. 8% ad buff is far from overkill imo. but should make the route a bit more useful if you chose to play with sirens.

Turnip2k

Harvester
Vamps change is strange, but interesting. See how it goes.

Rebels are still useless, the change has done nothing - they need a complete overhall. Nice change for the fanatics, could do with giving the whole route a bit more survivability though.

I don't think the harriers buff will be sufficent tbh, nor will the sorc route buff. Having those routes in your ally may not be a great move - there are other routes which do the job better.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer

Rebels are still useless, the change has done nothing - they need a complete overhall. Nice change for the fanatics, could do with giving the whole route a bit more survivability though.

I don't think the harriers buff will be sufficent tbh, nor will the sorc route buff. Having those routes in your ally may not be a great move - there are other routes which do the job better.

I concur with the sorc/harrier/fanatics stuff. Although the fanatics route is just in general weird, and I don't know what to do with it. You can't make it imba crazy for LT or it'll just be stupid, but if you don't it's ridiculously stupid anyways :p

Davs

Garden Designer

I concur with the sorc/harrier/fanatics stuff. Although the fanatics route is just in general weird, and I don't know what to do with it. You can't make it imba crazy for LT or it'll just be stupid, but if you don't it's ridiculously stupid anyways :p

The only decent solution I can think of for the fanatics branch is to make rebels useful. Atm a range only stunner in a route with no ranged power of any kind is just pointless imo.

Davs

Garden Designer
White Knight Fixes:
Two changes to white knights. The bug preventing them regenerating if you lost all white knights but still had your white wizards has been fixed.
Also you will not start gaining white knights until you have 3,500+ honour/fame rating now (previously this was 2,000).

Whilst I still prefer the idea of swapping knights and wizards, I still approve of this change. Thanks :)