BR Calculator

CFalcon

Official Helper
There is no use list. Nobody can access it without asking me first, each time.

This whole debate is pointless. I let a few people in my alliance ask for reports by giving me info and I then do it, but the program has not, does not and will not leave my netbook.

And shadowbane, you'd be amazed how often the calc can surprise veterans who have been around for 20-30 rounds. Outside a basic 1v1 there are too many variables for even an experienced human mind to take account of accurately.

I'm coming up with a far more exciting bushtarion tool at the moment anyway :p

Last edited:

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
I hope it's the stats for a weaponised pumpkin to add to the fantasy route...

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
And shadowbane, you'd be amazed how often the calc can surprise veterans who have been around for 20-30 rounds. Outside a basic 1v1 there are too many variables for even an experienced human mind to take account of accurately.

And that is EXACTLY my point. Keep them surprised, let there be suspence. I don't think I'd have any fun if I have to wait an hour to see a BR I've already seen through a bot

Cheese

Tree Surgeon
if you've already learnt them all you wouldn't need a BR calculator

Because when you have incoming from several different routes and want to know how you will do roughly if you fight but can't be arsed putting in any time to work it out that's when you use BR. I think I've used the Battle report feature once and once only this round. All I really use the bot for is unit ratios.

Souls

Official Helper

Because when you have incoming from several different routes and want to know how you will do roughly if you fight but can't be arsed putting in any time to work it out that's when you use BR. I think I've used the Battle report feature once and once only this round. All I really use the bot for is unit ratios.

This

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

Don't you find that this reduces any fun in the game? In my opinion the most fun when playing in an alliance is defending big incomings and doing big attacks. There wouldn't be any fun in it for me if I knew what the result would be before it happened. It just seems kind of boring.

Cheese

Tree Surgeon

Don't you find that this reduces any fun in the game? In my opinion the most fun when playing in an alliance is defending big incomings and doing big attacks. There wouldn't be any fun in it for me if I knew what the result would be before it happened. It just seems kind of boring.

Yeh I do which is why I used it once, due to boredom and wanting to see how accurate it was. Ratios however I find interesting. As how often are you going to get a 1v1 unit v unit as in no other units affecting the ratios?

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
You never do, that's why there's no point in knowing those ratios. I'd rather know that rangers rape SA than knowing that rangers do 1:4.123355234623 on pure SA

Cheese

Tree Surgeon
You never do, that's why there's no point in knowing those ratios. I'd rather know that rangers rape SA than knowing that rangers do 1:4.123355234623 on pure SA

That's not the kind of accuracy you get :p

Ahead

Head Gardener

When you've played the game for long enough you get to know most important ratios pretty accurately anyway... it's no different to that really. Yeh it's handy to have it for huge resistance BRs but if you know what you're doing you can calc BRs to like 10-20% accurate using your brain and a calculator anyway, it's not impossible.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer

Yeh I do which is why I used it once, due to boredom and wanting to see how accurate it was. Ratios however I find interesting. As how often are you going to get a 1v1 unit v unit as in no other units affecting the ratios?

Er, if I knew the ratios 1v1 of every unit I could calculate a BR. That's what BR's are made up of. So...you're not actually talking about anything different than being able to calc an entire BR.

CFalcon

Official Helper
Er, if I knew the ratios 1v1 of every unit I could calculate a BR.

No you couldn't.

Ratio of striker on ranger is x:y, ratio of apache on ranger is w:z. Good luck calcing ranger vs striker/apache combo with that information.

For me, calc or no calc, battles are generally forgone conclusions. The draw of the game is in forcing or tricking the opposition into fighting a losing battle; ie. out-witting the player at the other end. The actual numbers in the battles are a means to an end, not the pleasure of the game in themselves. So a calc in many ways enhances my enjoyment rather than destroying it, by allowing me to further outwit opponents. If you derive all your fun from wondering wtf's gonna happen in a BR, well you have fun with that, but experience will ruin that as well as any calc.

And I like that ya'll debating whether you should use something that you don't have the option of using.

penguin

Official Helper
Thanks penguin (and <3 Tiff)

I actually finished this a few months ago, long before I started working on my bot. It works pretty well too, usually within +/- 5% accurate. Various people helped me on various parts of it, so thanks to them, but I'm the only one with a full working version, and as I said above I intend to keep it that way.

Gimme a shout if you want help with anything, I'm always willing, although there are far better scripters than me around here.

I'm glad to read that it goes well.
Also glad that I posted before anyone else got a chance to rip at something you have already completed :p

I will take any kind of scripting help I can get.. as long as I know how or why the script works.. I have actually only found one other scripter besides the one who initially taught me on the basics of scripting, and now there's you! - Wait.. one other person as well offered me his help. So, three total. Before you and the other one, I have asked basic questions like 'why does my script not work' [it usually ends up being something extremely silly] to one person and he did fine, and you will too!

Last edited:

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
What do you mean arguing about using something we can't use? I know a bunch of people who can, and do use it.

And CF, I could easily derive the necessary information to do 'combination' armour stripping and health stripping BR's if I had every ratio in the game. It wouldn't be that difficult.

CFalcon

Official Helper
What do you mean arguing about using something we can't use? I know a bunch of people who can, and do use it.

Not outside of the people in my alliance chan you don't. Must be thinking of a different calc.