Hamster from Hell

LAFiN

Tree Surgeon
Ok, so I got a hamster from hell to visit my lovely lands, but it's acting like a naughty relative and refusing to leave.

Didn't they used to only stay a certain period of time? As of right now, the thing has been camped out for 18 ticks. This seems like a lot longer period than I ever recall encountering.

Have they been changed so that they have to be killed before they leave, or what?

It finally left, after 22 ticks. I remember them staying around for 7 ticks max in the past...

Last edited:

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Its just cause it thought you were so attractive

I feel sorry for you, i would hate to look like a hamster :p

zhouj

Harvester
Ok, so I got a hamster from hell to visit my lovely lands, but it's acting like a naughty relative and refusing to leave.

Didn't they used to only stay a certain period of time? As of right now, the thing has been camped out for 18 ticks. This seems like a lot longer period than I ever recall encountering.

Have they been changed so that they have to be killed before they leave, or what?

It finally left, after 22 ticks. I remember them staying around for 7 ticks max in the past...

I'll help you kill it!

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
must have been more than 7 ticks in the past. thats barely time to find it launch and kill it. maybe its longer so azzer increased time to give more chance of it being possible to kill. after all there's still a profile award for it.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I have a Hamster at the moment, he's currently on 20 ticks. Here's hoping for a few more!

UPDATE:

Sun 7th Apr, year 4. Noon (45 ticks ago) Hamster Hole! A small tunnel leading in to the pit of Hell itself appeared outside our company, and from it emerged an evil, malicious Hamster from Hell, complete with tiny little devils horns and a miniature pitchfork. It opened its tiny mouth, from which came the noise of... what was almost like... small children... singing... 'La la la la laaaa laaaa'... but in the most incredibly sinister way imaginable.

Last edited:

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
thats such BS i attacked some one and the hamster ran after 22 ticks, how does the hamster work, theres nothing i can find in the manual :(
i imqagine randome targets (between a few parameters) and random time lengths(between a few parameters)

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
news said:
Thu 9th May, year 4. Midnight Hamster Hole!
A small tunnel leading in to the pit of Hell itself appeared outside our company, and from it emerged an evil, malicious Hamster from Hell, complete with tiny little devils horns and a miniature pitchfork. It opened its tiny mouth, from which came the noise of... what was almost like... small children... singing... 'La la la la laaaa laaaa'... but in the most incredibly sinister way imaginable.

Sun 5th May, year 4. Early hours Hamster Departure!
The tiny, demonic Hamster from Hell gave one final jab of its pitchfork, set fire to a few peoples trousers and then left via the small tunnel it came by, sealing it shut in the process. We thought we could hear the noise of thousands of screaming voices just before the tunnel sealed...

Sat 4th May, year 4. Afternoon Hamster Hole!
A small tunnel leading in to the pit of Hell itself appeared outside our company, and from it emerged an evil, malicious Hamster from Hell, complete with tiny little devils horns and a miniature pitchfork. It opened its tiny mouth, from which came the noise of... what was almost like... small children... singing... 'La la la la laaaa laaaa'... but in the most incredibly sinister way imaginable.

What determins when one gets a hamster hole? is there things a player does that more actively encourage one appearing?

i thought at first maybe 666ticks of inactivity or something but im not so sure after seeing this spie. though i cant believe its completelyrandom there must be some limits. can some one give me more details???

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
I believe you get an increased chance of getting one if you sit on £6,666,666,666 funds or it might just be £666 funds. Definitely funds involving the 6's. I remember Azzer posted something about it a while back, or it might have been on IRC.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
Sat 18th May, year 4. Evening (10 ticks ago) Hamster Departure!

Sat 18th May, year 4. Afternoon (11 ticks ago) Hamster Hole!

and what about the length of time?

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I have a Hamster at the moment, he's currently on 20 ticks. Here's hoping for a few more!

UPDATE:

Sun 7th Apr, year 4. Noon (45 ticks ago) Hamster Hole! A small tunnel leading in to the pit of Hell itself appeared outside our company, and from it emerged an evil, malicious Hamster from Hell, complete with tiny little devils horns and a miniature pitchfork. It opened its tiny mouth, from which came the noise of... what was almost like... small children... singing... 'La la la la laaaa laaaa'... but in the most incredibly sinister way imaginable.

He stayed for a total of 76 ticks. I do believe that is a record :p

Sun 7th Apr, year 4. Noon (321 ticks ago) Hamster Hole! A small tunnel leading in to the pit of Hell itself appeared outside our company, and from it emerged an evil, malicious Hamster from Hell, complete with tiny little devils horns and a miniature pitchfork. It opened its tiny mouth, from which came the noise of... what was almost like... small children... singing... 'La la la la laaaa laaaa'... but in the most incredibly sinister way imaginable.

Sat 20th Apr, year 4. Early hours (245 ticks ago) Hamster Departure! The tiny, demonic Hamster from Hell gave one final jab of its pitchfork, set fire to a few peoples trousers and then left via the small tunnel it came by, sealing it shut in the process. We thought we could hear the noise of thousands of screaming voices just before the tunnel sealed...

MacMikey

Harvester
Lol I've had about 8 hamsters in 72 hours.
You can indeed summon them by keeping 6,666,666,666 funds.
The message you get is different then.
Something like a small thing appeared, walking around our hq to check if you´re evil enough.
Than he takes your money and a small tunnel appears ;)

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
walking death, they arent for the purposes of defending . you can only ever get 1.

[range] 1,000,000 allied Cybernetic Warrior attacked, killing 1 hostile staff.
The corpse of a Hamster from Hell disappeared in a small puff of smoke.

so they didnt appear to fire on my attack and yet if you type

"[unit]hamster from hell[/unit]"

into journal. its says init 117, max stars attack and defence, and attacks all ranges let|all, but it didnt fire. ergo i dont think they can kill or do attack i think its disabled. they are simply there to die for the profile award and cash reward (£6,666,666,666 funds.) which in turn appears to encourage you to spawn your own hamsters if you sit on the funds and dont have any excess prior to getting the money.

Last edited: