Minecraft

Zach

Planter
Can't believe no one else has brought this game up. It basically exploded a month or two ago and is making steady progress through alpha. Suuuuper fun. Anyone else play it?
Discuss.

Zach

Planter
well the current free version isn't much fun, but the indev alpha is awesome. The entire world is made of blocks, all of which can be destroyed. Thus you have to survive in a world with cool crafting and very tough enemies, but you can completely change the landscape around you. Build a massive tower, or elaborate underground fortress.

WackyJacky

Head Gardener
Do you get any weapons besides that hammer? I died after killing some pigs to this big blue guy, took me out in 3 hits and I couldn't do anything about him :/

Zach

Planter
Ya the demo doesn't really show whats in the game. I bought it after seeing my roomate play it. And yes you can craft swords, axes, hoes, picks, bows, but crafting is only in the indev version.

Also, its still in alpha which means he is still working on world generation, and more ore/items/monsters will come out later.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Linkage would be a quality idea :p

[edit] Played. Ultra low res graphics and a box for a weapon. I'm sorry but I don't see what is so amazing about something that looks like its for 1812 :p. (When a guy from 1983 went back in time with a nes)