• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Whiners Section!

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Can I be in charge of deciding who is relegated to the Whiner's Section please??

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
gripes section?

Yeah. we already have this?

Gripe Forum said:
What this is:
A place where the usual barrage of complaining, whinging or moaning belongs instead of Bushtarion Discussions. The rules are no different to the Bushtarion Discussions section - instead it's so that people who come to these forums fed up of looking at all the moaning can actually avoid it by simply not hitting the gripes section - and those that do come to the gripes section can expect to be hit by a lot of moaning - be it moaning about me, the game, balancing, top alliances, bashing, waving, tactics, spies etc. etc.

^^LINKY

tomtree

Head Gardener
gripes is for genuine sensible complaint.

i believe what is being suggested is for those idiots who whine about anything and everything.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
So because some ones opinion of what is frustrating and serious is different to yours you want a whole new forum section?

Its going to be a point of conjecture, with no real basis to decide what is a whine and what is a gripe.

I considered gripes to be what you’re wanting a new thread for, something that a person finds an annoyance with. No matter how big or small in the eyes of another, it is still a gripe for that individual.

surely a sensible gripe/complaint becomes a suggestion or discussion. A whine/moan is still a gripe. I see no need for another category, except to bully and ridicule people who are already annoyed, by demoting their 'Gripe' to something seen as Lower and less important.

Which is in fact another bone of contention as it starts arguments about the merit of someone’s gripe, which is just plain unnecessary.

and i think the fact the heading of the gripe section it self is 'Got a gripe about the game or playerbase and need to get it off your chest?' it is perfectly acceptable to make a game/community related "whine" about a particular subject that irritates you.