Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Elevnos

BANNED
I've only had the game for 2/3 days now; awesome game! But what exactly counts towards your kill streak? Got a sentry gun (from a 5 kill streak - not care package, i know they don't count towards it.), got at least 4/5 kills from that without dieing in between, and didnt get harrier airstrike :S.

yeah, im pretty sure they dont count (anything from an airdrop doesnt count, which includes turrets). But they can be real awesome for getting kills when set up in the right spot...

I usually use predator missle...

however atm ive got care package, emergency airdrop and AC130: im trying to do the Spectre challenges...which wont happen for a while :p

Harrier, chopper gunner, nuke ftw!!!
1 more for end of line before prestige and now need 1 more in my first for end of line title, problem is I'm level 65 now...

timtadams

Landscape Designer
omg totally over being australian playing this game... its total BS how the developers have made it purely uk+US hosting... and if u somehow do get a green connection (aus or NZ host) it crashes after one or 2 rounds coz of the internet strength comparitive to the states... #

still find it way funny how much the us guys really do suck at this game coz even with a dodgy connection still have no problem getting my AC130 in the air almost every round.

just wish the next COD release will allow local server searches

Do you play on PS3? if you do msg me your psn ID. Ive been getting good ping for ages now (ever since more aussies got the game)

And i often play in parties with aussies (thanks to Enigma) so its good fun. Although now im back at uni, i barely get to play. Im only on my second week back, and i dont know if i will even have time to play on weekends...we'll see...

Oh, and you wont have to camp to get that AC130 :p

And like DA said, you get connected to best host possible, including Aussies. So nealry all my games are mostly aussies...Are you playing td, or something with a lot fewer players? that could be your problem

timtadams

Landscape Designer
I've only had the game for 2/3 days now; awesome game! But what exactly counts towards your kill streak? Got a sentry gun (from a 5 kill streak - not care package, i know they don't count towards it.), got at least 4/5 kills from that without dieing in between, and didnt get harrier airstrike :S.

yeah, im pretty sure they dont count (anything from an airdrop doesnt count, which includes turrets). But they can be real awesome for getting kills when set up in the right spot...

I usually use predator missle...

however atm ive got care package, emergency airdrop and AC130: im trying to do the Spectre challenges...which wont happen for a while :p

Harrier, chopper gunner, nuke ftw!!!
1 more for end of line before prestige and now need 1 more in my first for end of line title, problem is I'm level 65 now...

you prestiged yet? it will take a bit to level up 6 more times :p

Elevnos

BANNED
I'm 1st prestige, got end of line now level 67, I'm thinking I'm going to stay first prestige until I've got the other 5 nukes for the emblem, i'm still amazed at the fact I got one on rust...

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
I should be 6th prestige soon ^.^

K/D up to 1.76 naow.

Liek 30,000 kills :/

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Addict! How many did you build up in Battlefield 2142/2? (can't remember which one you'd never played, and we all persuaded you to get it, and by the time you did, we'd all stopped playing :p)

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

Addict! How many did you build up in Battlefield 2142/2? (can't remember which one you'd never played, and we all persuaded you to get it, and by the time you did, we'd all stopped playing :p)

BF 2142.

Around 100,000 kills ... over 1000 hours game play and i even played competively for a year working my way to the top EU team. Made montages (Which i posted on the forums here) and tactical videos for entire communities. I was so nerdy on that game it was unreal.

I hated and loved you for getting me into it.
Sad that the competitive scene died out and everyone went to mw2.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
BF 2142.
Around 100,000 kills ... over 1000 hours game play and i even played competively for a year working my way to the top EU team. Made montages (Which i posted on the forums here) and tactical videos for entire communities. I was so nerdy on that game it was unreal.
I hated and loved you for getting me into it.
Sad that the competitive scene died out and everyone went to mw2.
Crazy son of a...! You actually timed it perfectly, I stopped playing almost the same day you got it, give or take a little time :p And that's the last FPS game I've played!

How many years ago would that have been since I played it? It was when it first came out... my old FPS skills definitely going to be very rusty :(

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Started: 07-01-02
Finished: 09-04-19

I would assume thats Begining of Jan started, March of last year finished.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Map pack on disc?

Map pack on disc?

back on holidays (almost) and playing this already. Im wondering...have all the good people stopped playing? I started playing thinking, im gonna be a bit rusty, and ended up raping every game with 20-30 kills and KDs of 2-3

Anyway, apparently a map pack is out, and i plan on purchasing it. Is it possible to buy them on a disc from the shop, or is it downloadable only?

Firstly i dont buy stuff on the net, secondly im on 256K broadband (which is actually 160K), so assuming it doesnt cut out halfway, it will take a bit of a while, and thirdly i like to have a hard copy backup for anything i buy.

So yeah, anyone know if i can get it on a disc?

(oh and not sure if it matters, but im on ps3)

Also

Any PS3 Players, if you wanna get a bush clan happening add me and we'll maybe get some games happening (unless lag is too bad)

PSN ID: TIMofAUS

Last edited:

tomtree

Head Gardener
im not sure you can get it on a disc.... i think theyre download only though i could be wrong. plus there are infact 2 map packs!

as far as getting such good K/D ratios it hugely depends on what game type you're playing (certain game modes tend to have a lot of noobs and others tend to have a lot more good players), and ofc there is a lot of luck involved surrounding who youre playing against and who is on your team. My K/D ratio is only 1.2 overall (i was pretty **** when i started playing :( ) but i often get matches where i rape everyone, and then get others where me and my team just dont get a look in. varries hugely tbh.

but yeh, deffinately still playing! been playing some red dead redemption lately, but its multiplayer sucks so i keep going back to MW2! :D

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Always play team deathmatch. Most players there so guaranteed the best connection. Tbh, i was only rusty for about 10 seconds before i was sweet.
I guess TD is where all the noobs are though :p Still, often my team will lose while i still pwned everyone. I think, WTF are you guyz doing!? stop dying so much! lol
Sometimes i get a match where there is a really good player, and i love to put them in their place ;) Pretty funny when we end up on the same team though :D
Still dont get my AC130 much anymore as i just run all over the place with stopping power + sleight of hand, not stealthy like i used to ;)

Finally did the wargasm challenge (had predator missile, precision airstrike and harriers) just the other day, oh and the grim reaper.

apparently you need 5 kills with a predator missile for grim reaper, but it seems you can use more than one missle in one match to get those 5 kills

Sorry, just excited my last exam is tomorrow morning :D:D:D

Still, maybe ill post something on the Playstation forums about getting the map packs on disc.

Shame you play on xbox otherwise id add you :p

tomtree

Head Gardener
yeh, TDM you do tend to get quite a few easy games, i tend to play a fair bit of team tactical which is small teams (only 4v4) in objective based games (search and destroy, domination, demolition and capture the flag), its more of a challenge and i like the smaller teams.

have you tried the barebones game mode? same as normal but no killstreaks allowed. it stops people getting those ridiculous ratios with the killstreaks.

and lucky about you exam; my last on is on the 29th so a few days yet.

tomtree

Head Gardener
Also what weapons and stuff do you use?

my basic class tends to be:

ACR (either red dot sight or silencer; i varry)
SPAS-12 with grip
Semtex
Flash Bangs
Sleight of Hand Pro
Stopping Power Pro
Ninja Pro

And when Sniping:

Barret.50cal FMJ
PP2000 (FMJ or silencer)
Claymore
Smoke Grenade or Flash Bangs
Sleight of Hand Pro
Stopping Power Pro
Ninja Pro (used to use Steady Aim Pro)

Though recently i have been using the AK instead of the ACR and Intervention instead of the barret. though i do varry my classes a bit depending on what game mode im playing, eg; i have a explosives class (grenade launcher, RPG, and danger close), and a sprinting class (marathon, lightweight, comando, and tactical knife), plus a few others.

everyone seems to like different set ups though which i think is a great thing about the game. :)

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Yeah, my class preference changes with time to time. Originally i used to go stealth all the time, run around the map behind everyone. That worked the best as far as killstreaks are concerned. But i got a bit bored of that then went for the run around with commando + tactical knife. However, recently im having the most fun with a simple assault setup.

Also, my favorite weapon has always been the SCAR-H. And i never use the red dot as I have other attachments. And since i prestiged ive been stuck with it a bit, and i actually found i prefer the iron sights better on the SCAR-H.

Well since i prestiged i havnt unlocked everything, but assuming i have...

My current primary class, (which i called MAD :p) i use:

SCAR-H (noob sensor)
SPAS-12/AA (extended mags)
Semtex
Smoke
Sleight of Hand Pro
Stopping Power Pro
Last Stand Pro

oh and there is this great trick for stopping them getting kills on you. When you go down into last stand, cock your grenade within the first 2 seconds (dont throw it). Of course if the enemy is close kill them before you cock your grenade. If they are far away and they cant see you do it straight away. You will suicide and they will not get the kill (ie no points for them) Also, if you are lucky they will have run up to try and kill you and you may get them in the explosion.

Then for sniping:

Intervention (noob sensor)
SPAS-12/AA (extended mags)
Semtex
Smoke
Sleight of hand Pro
Stopping Power Pro
Commando Pro

Stealth:

SCAR-H (silencer + noob sensor)
USP (akimbo + silencers)/AA (silenced)
Semtex
Smoke
Bling Pro
Cold blooded Pro
Ninja Pro

Anti Air (same as stealth except for secondary):

Scar-H (silencer + noob sensor)
Stinger (x2)
Semtex
Smoke
Bling Pro
Cold-Blooded Pro
Ninja Pro

Run and gun:

UMP (akimbo)
SPAS-12
Semtex
Smoke
Marathon Pro
Lightweight Pro
Steady Aim Pro

Only just started using the above one a bit and got 36 kills to 3 deaths on Rust yesterday, assisted by some killstreak rewards of course :D

Commando

SCAR-H (noob sensor)
USP (tactical knife)
Semtex
Smoke
Marathon Pro
Lightweight Pro
Commando Pro

Noob tuber (if i use this its cause im sick of getting noob tubed :p)

SCAR-H
Thumper
Frag grenade
Smoke
Scavenger Pro
Danger Close Pro
Dunno about perk 3

by the way, good luck with your exam tomorrow :)

tomtree

Head Gardener
i never really liked the scar too much... dunno why; just never really got to grips with it. and i love people who use the heart beat sensor on the game, because most of them pay far too much attention to it, and i just use ninja pro and dont show up on it and rape them every time! (admittadly not everyone is this stupid, but quite a lot are! lol)

by the way, good luck with your exam tomorrow :)

cheers, :)

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
I got my xbox live back a couple of days ago and I've been kinda glued to MW2 since then. I still think COD4 is more fun, but MW2 is pretty good. I'm level 41 atm.

I've been playing hardcore team deathmatch, as I always do with COD.

I use the same three perks for each class: Bling pro, cold blooded and ninja. Usually with claymores or throwing knives and last stand as death perk.

I like the FAL assault rifle with silencer and ACOG, the WA2000 with silencer (using heartbeat sensor with it but don't actually like it much), and the M16 with silencer and holographic sight.

I agree with tomtree on the heartbeat sensor. I don't think it actually does you any good. If I have it on I spend too much time looking at that rather than what I can actually see. Plus it obscures a decent portion of your vision.

I'm also enjoying pistol sniping people with my magnum. Good times.