Round 34 Awards

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator
and IOF, we would have teamed up with twigs, infact that was the plan till they disbanded, so wtf you on about mate?

Errr Sorry...i don't think you were the leader! Silence/signer and myself agreed we would not help them.

You had no say and ARE incorrect now shut up

thats wierd, because i remember ollie and signer and silence discussing in our channel about wanting to get them involved for a final hit. or did i imagine that? mmmmm....

stop being a Cazzgay

IceOfFire

Garden Designer
and IOF, we would have teamed up with twigs, infact that was the plan till they disbanded, so wtf you on about mate?

Errr Sorry...i don't think you were the leader! Silence/signer and myself agreed we would not help them.

You had no say and ARE incorrect now shut up

thats wierd, because i remember ollie and signer and silence discussing in our channel about wanting to get them involved for a final hit. or did i imagine that? mmmmm....

stop being a Cazzgay

Just spoke to Caz about it on mirc to check i was right...and i was :)

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
It was all going so well untill you mentioned my name.

We nearly had a flameathon thread without me.

:(

Wouter

Pruner
forums always make me lol because its always the same people calling each other morons :p

well, on topic:

* Alliance of the round: LastStand - They won, simple as that
* Best Offensive Alliance: LastStand - Their attacks weren't really defendable and once they won they had so much units they could just send with a few of them and still be too strong
* Best Defensive Alliance: WC - After they got their **** together and I left :)P) they became a very strong alliance in defence
* Honourable Mention Alliance: Discworld - only for the fact they still exist
* Best Leader: Don't really think there was one specific best leader...
* Worst Leader: Bubbles - Reason clear enough I think
* Player of the Round - Allied: DeathScythe - Could always count on him, was online as much as me and was completly awesome to have as a fellow alliancemember
* Player of the Round - Solo: DeathScythe - Could always count on him, was online as much as me and was completly awesome to have as a pnap
* Best Offensive Player: Silence for his awesome attack plans. They were so difficult we only understood them after all attacks succeeded :p
* Best Defensive Player: Hobbezak - buying 45m PBs to defend vs me at that frigging eta 2 :p
* Honourable Mention Player: Quicksilver - eventough people called him Queersilver all the time and talked a lot of **** about him, he never replied in a bad way and just played the game in a very pro way
* Worst Player: Can't really think of one
* Best Moment of Round: Servers crashing - new round ftw
* Worst Moment of Round: All the time after the first few weeks untill the servers crashed

Cheese

Tree Surgeon
* Best Offensive Player: Silence for his awesome attack plans. They were so difficult we only understood them after all attacks succeeded :p

I really don't recall silence pulling off any awesome attacks... every attack hey planned on LS failed miserably for a start...

Wouter

Pruner

I really don't recall silence pulling off any awesome attacks... every attack hey planned on LS failed miserably for a start...

yeah it didn't go very well vs LS but the attacks at the other allys went awesome :p

Silence

Head Gardener

Just because you are not watching things dont stop! Who knew!!!

Jeeeeezzzzzz WC had activity issues so the whole thing kept falling through - then kick rapes happened!

Cheese, not everything is about you.

Cheese

Tree Surgeon

Jeeeeezzzzzz WC had activity issues so the whole thing kept falling through - then kick rapes happened!

Never said it did.
Just made a comment that I don't recall you pulling off any awesome attacks.
I do recall you thinking you were awesome sending a nicely planned attack to LS and both times it failing miserably... then stopping and getting pwned by a Twigley attack. It's great if you can organise a good attack silence but you have to at least be able to defend them a little bit...
Lets be honest you just aint as good as you used to be Silence.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Silence does do ATTACK planning better than probally 98% of the game.

However ... it doesn't take much to plan these 'mass covering of id's' to be fair though.

If you have someone who pranks the people on for LT / Recalls.
10+ people online.
And if you have a few people spying around for defence ....

Then all the attack planner has to do is direct 1 real and 3 fakes from each person on the other ally covering as many id's as possible (So if you have 10 people attacking then you want 10 x 4 mobs = 40 mobs on them - 4 incs on each id or like mix it up by throwing 6 fakes on 1 id they assume youd real to draw defence etc etc).

Prolly the "skill" involved is knowing which id's to real, how to disguise the reals and the ability to plan it all in a way that is easy readable to the people sending in as short as possible time.

Cos you gotta think - You plan where the mobs are going, then you make the calls on stays / recalls (annoying when its over 15 or so id's and you are recalling some first/middle/close) then in 30 mins you have to plan the next one and get it up on pols so people have time to see what the plan is.

All you gotta do these days is see where the other alliance down to the point that they cba or don't have the organisation or defence co-ordinator to defend it. Which is kinda sad cos most allies fall apart on the sign of some inc.

Wow long rant on an award thread about planning.

On topic kinda: The hits on LS would never really work when we were so contactable and responsive to orders. They were kinda gonna fail before they were sent :/

Last edited:

Silence

Head Gardener

Never said it did.
I do recall you thinking you were awesome sending a nicely planned attack to LS and both times it failing miserably... then stopping and getting pwned by a Twigley attack. It's great if you can organise a good attack silence but you have to at least be able to defend them a little bit...

How can someone who can only be an officious bystander, and nothing more when commenting about internal affairs be so sure of themselves o.0

I recall rage quitting, not bragging, due to WC members failing to follow plans which then resulting in me refusing to plan anymore. So the same plan got recycled ~3 times as a vague stab to see what happened.

Then the inevitable happened - when we were down to only ~10 people actively refreshing I think the decision to hit FT out of desperation was considered. Morale was dead and knowing full well this would probably end badly went for it. It inevitably did! But as far as I was concerned the better alliance won.

And with regards to the defence, again I had resigned and decided that the better alliance had won and the end result was obvious before even attempting to war.

As twigley rightly puts, LS was far too contactable and good at listening to orders, which as trait which was not present in WC at all. The ability to follow orders accuratly is joint fundemental to sucess coupled with activity. LS were better at both.

Talk about being a sore winner *tuts*

Cheese

Tree Surgeon

Never said it did.

How can someone who can only be an officious bystander, and nothing more when commenting about internal affairs be so sure of themselves o.0

I recall rage quitting, not bragging, due to WC members failing to follow plans which then resulting in me refusing to plan anymore. So the same plan got recycled ~3 times as a vague stab to see what happened.

Then the inevitable happened - when we were down to only ~10 people actively refreshing I think the decision to hit FT out of desperation was considered. Morale was dead and knowing full well this would probably end badly went for it. It inevitably did! But as far as I was concerned the better alliance won.

And with regards to the defence, again I had resigned and decided that the better alliance had won and the end result was obvious before even attempting to war.

As twigley rightly puts, LS was far too contactable and good at listening to orders, which as trait which was not present in WC at all. The ability to follow orders accuratly is joint fundemental to sucess coupled with activity. LS were better at both.

Oh I'm sorry I forgot you were in laststand and knew everything about them my bad.
And it's nothing to do with winning or not, I'm just stating facts, and the fact is every attack I witnessed planned by you was a shambles.

Silence

Head Gardener

Never said it did.

Oh I'm sorry I forgot you were in laststand and knew everything about them my bad.
And it's nothing to do with winning or not, I'm just stating facts, and the fact is every attack I witnessed planned by you was a shambles.

rofl lets try one last time. Ill make this distinction clear eventually! I'll highlight the important area.

But lets begin by justifying my assumptions. Well umm Twigley said LS was active, and um.. I saw LS was active. Okay cool settled. Now then moving on!

"I recall rage quitting, not bragging, due to WC members failing to follow plans which then resulting in me refusing to plan anymore."

There is a difference between the plan and the action of the members carrying out the plan. Failure to do this then in turn ruins the plan, that does not mean that the planning was poor, the participation was. Im placing significant emphasis on the fact that when an attack plan was made 4 maybe 5 players wouldn't show up leaving considerable gaps all over the place.

In short its not the attack plan, it was the participation. I dont really want to take the blame for people forgetting to send =P

Last edited: