• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Sleep mode

alwaysnumb

Head Gardener
How about when theres 5min ticks you say go into 8hrs sleep thats what happens rather than 4hrs

Ram

Head Gardener
Or you could just use your brain and work out that 5min is half of 10min so it makes you go into sleep for half the time?

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
While I don't think one should be sleepmoding in PWs, I don't really see the value in this, prejudice aside. How often do we really have 5minute tick worlds? Does it really require a rewrite of new, or alternate code? I don't recall 5m ticks being a PW option but I could be mistaken.

If we ever did another "full" round with 5min ticks I would support this. As it stands I think it is unnecessary for a 6 day PW.

EDIT: it appears that you can set variable tick speed, so perhaps this idea has merit after all. I wonder if it's still as screwy with 30-60 minute ticks. But you shouldn't be using sleepmode anyways lol

Last edited:

TaO

Tree Surgeon
sleep moders
smilie.gif

THeDevil

Digger
PWs are so short sleep mode is not required
be active more then you wouldn't die

dave

Harvester
every1s riding this dude from what i can see. He makes a good point, whether you think he shuld use sleep mode or not...
you cant tell some1 to be more active either, some people have stuff to get on with in life.

Last edited:

THeDevil

Digger
I know there is a limit to how much time people can spend playing but still i don't think there should be sleep mode in PWs.

dave

Harvester
Would be interesting to see how it works out :D

yeah if sleep mode was wrong to use in a private world it would be there.
some people just dont use it themselves, fair enuff.
i dont care enough about the PW to sleep. this dude feels the need.
sometimes in a round of bushtarion sleep mode is imperritive. like for some1 going for compulsive collector.

WackyJacky

Head Gardener
Or for people who have lives? I went to the beach yesterday so put myself in sleep so I could come back and be all good. Course it only lasted 4 hours instead of 8 so I came home and was already out of sleep. Luckily I was alive :)

Just make a warning or something? "Since this PW ticks every 5 minutes sleep times will be half of the posted time --- Ie '8 hours' will actually be '4 hours' of sleep.

Wouter

Pruner
I know there is a limit to how much time people can spend playing but still i don't think there should be sleep mode in PWs.

isn't it all about how the world owner thinks about that?
He can disable it if he doesn't want it, its all up to him (or her ofc :p).
So why setting limits to PWs while there should be more settings to choose from? (e.g. control over gouverment units, starting the PW with everybody fully developed on the route of their choice, etc)