• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Nerf Tractors/Combines

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
They're ridiculous.

They need about two thirds of their current armour or double/triple their cost and stats.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
I agree. I'm surprised more people don't use them, though maybe that's because not everyone has a few trillion to spend on flak.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
Jup.

Edit: After reading a couple threads I found about tractor flakking, I just hope this one doesn't end up a 'I know more about the game than you' gayfest.

Good luck, thread.

Last edited:

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I'd be inclined to agree as well. They are stoppable, but it takes a lot more than it should for their cost and ease of availability.

Max

Garden Designer
There's always the solution of bringing back CDs! :D

Crazed Droids used to be able to get 1:3 on tractors. Over three ticks that's 9 dead tractors to every CD, which used to be amazingly cost effective (over 1:7 in terms of cost).

Ezekiel

Harvester
Just give each route a unit that has +500%hd +500%ad vs tractors bonus. Or what % makes sense.

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator

Crazed Droids used to be able to get 1:3 on tractors. Over three ticks that's 9 dead tractors to every CD, which used to be amazingly cost effective (over 1:7 in terms of cost).

^^

Davs

Garden Designer

I love the fact that this comment is the best solution to a suggestion made by Polo XD

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Changing CDs back to a Tractor killer is a horrible idea.

moorer

Pruner
As an alternative how about doubling their eta on attacks to make them less attractive as an attacking option

TaO

Tree Surgeon
But doubling their ETA would mean..
If you run your troops as solo or allied person, and you can't recall you troops in time..
Your 31 ticks without a single unit at home..

webvictim

Harvester
Doubling the ETA would also mean you could get a quick and easy "sleep" period of 35 ticks at full seed gain (assuming you left enough units at home to harvest) with no possible "valuable" units (i.e. expensive LET) being lost, only land. That'd make it pretty easy to avoid sleep mode and just send to ID 1 for a quick and easy six hours without having to worry about your units or low seed gain.

I think that's probably a reasonable argument against that potential solution.

Surely the main reason more people don't flak with tractors/combines is because they're so slow?

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
If you run your troops as solo or allied person, and you can't recall you troops in time..

So run them separately if you're allied(19 possible ally mates, ID 1 and the HQ), and send to a PNAP/ID1 if you're solo. Pretty easy to do there.

I also like Cheese's idea of limiting the maximum number of them you can acquire. Perhaps on a sliding scale according to your amount of land so you aren't stuck with like 500k tractors for 50k acres or whatnot. May not be the best solution but i kind of like the idea.

Also simply jacking up their cost an immense amount and reducing their Armour might be the simplest and easiest solution.

Max

Garden Designer
I would find it wonderfully hilarious if steps were taken to increase the tractor price, reduce their armour and increase their eta... only for everyone to start massing combine harvestor flak instead xD

Cheese

Tree Surgeon

So run them separately if you're allied(19 possible ally mates, ID 1 and the HQ), and send to a PNAP/ID1 if you're solo. Pretty easy to do there.

I also like Cheese's idea of limiting the maximum number of them you can acquire. Perhaps on a sliding scale according to your amount of land so you aren't stuck with like 500k tractors for 50k acres or whatnot. May not be the best solution but i kind of like the idea.

Also simply jacking up their cost an immense amount and reducing their Armour might be the simplest and easiest solution.

The only problem with 500k tractors for 50k acres is that 500k tractors doesn't actually plant that many plants :p Because people sometimes save for days and days then would need alot more than 500k tractors to plant their seeds. I suggested 10m because you don't really need much more than 10m tractors a go, and if you do you would probs have quite a substantial amount of gards to compensate.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
Perhaps on a sliding scale according to your amount of land so you aren't stuck with like 500k tractors for 50k acres or whatnot. May not be the best solution but i kind of like the idea.

Davis

Tree Surgeon
Just reduce their armour? :S

this.

I mean in all honesty unless they're planned to be used as they are used whats the need for such armor? i mean keeping them alive at home ofc but still/