• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Bushcast/Bushtube

CrimsonFury88

Harvester
The title more or less sums this up. Perhaps one way towards getting people interested in the game would be to follow the current media trends...

Bushcast

We have an update from Azzer on the Overview page? Well what if Azzer put out a podcast about the game? Could be more like a 30 minute radio-type snippet on a weekly basis that features:

- Plans for the game, moving forward.
- Current tweaks and modifications.
- Spotlight on current in-game activity, and players in particular.
- Special guest speaking from current players to review the game. ("I Love Bushtarion", a bit like the "I Love Football" from Soccer AM).
- Special guest speaking from current players to talk tactics and current politics...

Heck, somebody could even put on some of my Bushraps XD I have an extensive back catalogue

You get the drift... Flexibility aplenty. When you consider alot of people have iPhones/iTunes and listen to things on Buses, trains, int he car etc, it's another way of reaching people. Both to bring in new players, and maintain those already here. I consider interactivity and engagement from the creators/player base to be a key part of staying with something... It shows a sense of community.

Bushtube

As for the other side of it, what about a Bushtarion youtube account? Get a couple of videos together of Azzer talking about Bushtarion, or even make compilations that feature players talking about the game.

So you could have Tutorial videos of Azzer simulating a battle report, explaining how AR works, explaining the principles of alliance play, solo play, pure-solo play etc etc... Little personal elements that will both help new players learn the game, and potentially keep them interested in staying.

Discuss.

Changer

Head Gardener
Good idea in principle . But unfortunately I cannot see it happening anytime soon.

CrimsonFury88

Harvester
In reference to your first post, Changer (to save quoting :p)...

Perhaps this is where the community needs to step in and put something together, with Azzer's endorsement and support.

Lupus

Head Gardener
like the idea of the bushcast, i did enjoy garrets attempts at ingame reporting he did a few times, as for bushtube not so keen but damn good effort that some ppl are putting into ideas of rejuvinating the game!

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Can't even get Azzer to do simple changes, never mind stuff like this.
Good idea that has been thought and discussed a few times before, but yeah - it wont happen any time soon unfortunately.

Cheese

Tree Surgeon
Been suggested many times before and as everybody else has said there isn't a chance in hell it will happen as their is countless more important things that need doing that aint been done.

As you don't want to be treated like a newbie I won't so in future before you make a suggestion use the search button thank you.

CrimsonFury88

Harvester
Been suggested many times before and as everybody else has said there isn't a chance in hell it will happen as their is countless more important things that need doing that aint been done.

As you don't want to be treated like a newbie I won't so in future before you make a suggestion use the search button thank you.

As you don't want to be treated like a tit, I won't. So in future, make sound recommendations.

I -did- a search. My idea revolves around a podcast theory, so I searched for "podcast" and "radio".

Under which, there were no glaringly obvious titles that suggested something of this sort.

So either:

a) Mods have deleted them.

or

b) People aren't naming threads appropriately.

Cheese

Tree Surgeon

As you don't want to be treated like a tit, I won't. So in future, make sound recommendations.

I -did- a search. My idea revolves around a podcast theory, so I searched for "podcast" and "radio".

Under which, there were no glaringly obvious titles that suggested something of this sort.

So either:

or

I believe you got some perfectly sound recommendation... use search.
Just because something hasn't been worded the exact same way as you would like it doesn't mean it hasn't already been suggested.

If I were to invent a machine that makes bread into toast like a toaster does but call it a breader doesn't mean I aint copying somebody elses invention.

You got given a brain now please start using it.

cb1202

Head Gardener

So either:

or

I believe you got some perfectly sound recommendation... use search.
Just because something hasn't been worded the exact same way as you would like it doesn't mean it hasn't already been suggested.

If I were to invent a machine that makes bread into toast like a toaster does but call it a breader doesn't mean I aint copying somebody elses invention.

You got given a brain now please start using it.

and people wonder why no new people want to make suggestions or are afraid to post...

CrimsonFury88

Harvester
Whereas I partially agree with what you're saying Cheese, you're bang out of order.

Your advice is not sound in the slightest, given that I actually did carry out a search.

In no way am I "copying" somebody elses suggestion. If something doesn't come up on the search, I'm not to know that it exists. Your somewhat dismissive response suggested that I should search any related word, "breader"... WTF.

So, let's break it down.

Podcast? Well a podcast is audio in a radio-show like broadcast.. Played from an iPhone, or an iPod, or a computer, or a mobile phone, or an mp3 player, which require headphones or speakers to hear it. The cast would be about Bushtarion and would involve the community.

You may have time to search for every related word in the dictionary, but frankly, I don't. I did enough of a search to warrant a new thread.

Sort your life out Cheese. You just sound pathetic with your attempts to belittle people at times.

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator

So either:

or

c) They were on the old forums which got deleted (damn Azzer...).

Cheese

Tree Surgeon
Whereas I partially agree with what you're saying Cheese, you're bang out of order.

Your advice is not sound in the slightest, given that I actually did carry out a search.

In no way am I "copying" somebody elses suggestion. If something doesn't come up on the search, I'm not to know that it exists. Your somewhat dismissive response suggested that I should search any related word, "breader"... WTF.

So, let's break it down.

Podcast? Well a podcast is audio in a radio-show like broadcast.. Played from an iPhone, or an iPod, or a computer, or a mobile phone, or an mp3 player, which require headphones or speakers to hear it. The cast would be about Bushtarion and would involve the community.

You may have time to search for every related word in the dictionary, but frankly, I don't. I did enough of a search to warrant a new thread.

Sort your life out Cheese. You just sound pathetic with your attempts to belittle people at times.

As ignored in previous thread:
You go on about how different the 'real world' and the 'online world' are, yet for some reason you always need to bring the 'real world' into the forums which is a part of the 'online world'. Why is this? Because if these 'worlds' are so different how can you understand anything about a person's 'real world' when all you ever see them is through this online world.

I will simplify this for you,
You have no idea how well I succeed in the real world, in fact you know nothing about me what so ever, so don't make comments on something you know nothing about.
But hey I can excuse you for the attempt at a personal insult...

Last edited by a moderator:

Hobo

Harvester
I think its a good idea.
And i think Mods should be banned from commenting on suggestions!! If it was in the old forums it is ages ago!!! so does need a new thread.

With the small amount of new posts appearing on here that actually arent flamming or *****ing i think people having ideas and giving there time to suggest them is to be encouraged, not shot down. ( as it all too often is)

This idea i think would be worth trying, but Azzer isnt going to do it...... so how about the official helpers do it!!!!!

then they could actually be helping!

Cheese

Tree Surgeon
And again you ignore me crimson, if you aint got anything to say to my response about you bringing RL into the game then stop trying to bring it in.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I think it's a great idea if we get a core to get a few 'episodes' or 'casts' together before we 'hit the air' so to speak.

Cheese, back to the bitter barn please.

Podunk

Head Gardener
I say its a decent idea, and honestly cheese, I don't remember anyone suggesting to implement a podcast for bush.
However, I don't think a bushcast would be needed, since we have the portal anyways for news about the game.

Also some bushtube tutorial videos probably would go a long ways.
Seeing something done most of the time is much more helpful than reading about it. Just need to find someone decent at video editing that can be arsed to make the tutorials :p

CrimsonFury88

Harvester
I say its a decent idea, and honestly cheese, I don't remember anyone suggesting to implement a podcast for bush.
However, I don't think a bushcast would be needed, since we have the portal anyways for news about the game.

Also some bushtube tutorial videos probably would go a long ways.
Seeing something done most of the time is much more helpful than reading about it. Just need to find someone decent at video editing that can be arsed to make the tutorials :p

When I graduate (June 2010), I'll consider contributing to the editorial side of this.

And Cheese, grow up mate.

I can tell that you're joined to the hip with the forums and feel compelled to post every single day, but, some of us have other things to do. Places to go, people to see.

So I apologise sincerely if my reply does not fit in with your expected response time.

EDIT: I'd also like to campaign for Cheese to be stripped of his Bushtarion Helper status for being a moron. The signature image is too far. If I'd have done the same thing you can guarantee that it would be deleted and/or I'd be banned. Azzer - restore the level playing field.