Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Also me and one of my housemates have started playing through the special ops missions which are pretty fun and some fairly challenging.

Woop woop!

Aye I love the special ops mode, great addition. Just love how many different missions there are and the ones with one person on some sort of heavy weaponry with the other person on the ground are awesome, brings a whole new dimension to it. I haven't even unlocked all the missions yet, need 3 more stars to get the last set.

I've not got nukes Ezekiel, I think a 25 kill streak is a bit beyond me :p

Yeah, we were playing the one where one of you is in an AC130 and the other has to get across the map last night and even I felt a bit sad at how into it we were getting...I believe my mate used the phrase "he's on your 6" lol!

Thats nothing compared to the british kids I heard the other day

"Take point Tom, Over"

"Roger that, taking point, over"

"Do you have a visual, over?"

"No visual yet - over"

"acknowledged - flanking right, over"

"Tom to John, I'm dead, over"

:/

Tombi

Harvester
Also me and one of my housemates have started playing through the special ops missions which are pretty fun and some fairly challenging.

Woop woop!

Aye I love the special ops mode, great addition. Just love how many different missions there are and the ones with one person on some sort of heavy weaponry with the other person on the ground are awesome, brings a whole new dimension to it. I haven't even unlocked all the missions yet, need 3 more stars to get the last set.

I've not got nukes Ezekiel, I think a 25 kill streak is a bit beyond me :p

Yeah, we were playing the one where one of you is in an AC130 and the other has to get across the map last night and even I felt a bit sad at how into it we were getting...I believe my mate used the phrase "he's on your 6" lol!

Thats nothing compared to the british kids I heard the other day

"Take point Tom, Over"

"Roger that, taking point, over"

"Do you have a visual, over?"

"No visual yet - over"

"acknowledged - flanking right, over"

"Tom to John, I'm dead, over"

:/

Aha i hear stuff like that all the time, i swear 95% of the game population is >12 ;\ and on a side note, i do find it highly amusing irritating americans over voice chat, they get wound up so easily.

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
I managed to do the ultimate noob thing. Got my 3rd ever Pavlov from a Care Package, woop woop. Had a Predator Missile left over. So I unleashed the PavLov and instantly fired off the Missile, I then managed to hit the PavLov with my own missile, meaning neither of my bonus killed anything 'cept each other....

Changer

Head Gardener
I managed to do the ultimate noob thing. Got my 3rd ever Pavlov from a Care Package, woop woop. Had a Predator Missile left over. So I unleashed the PavLov and instantly fired off the Missile, I then managed to hit the PavLov with my own missile, meaning neither of my bonus killed anything 'cept each other....

Lol impressive

Treedude

Harvester

Isn't Pavlov that guy that did the experiments with dogs?

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
I think he meant PaveLow. I've found em to be fairly crap tbh, Apache ftw :p

Treedude

Harvester
lol Yeah I know what he meant, I just couldn't resist as it was Martin :p

Which one is the Apache? is that the one you're the gunner for? Don't think I've actually seen anyone get it if not :/

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
lol Yeah I know what he meant, I just couldn't resist as it was Martin :p

Which one is the Apache? is that the one you're the gunner for? Don't think I've actually seen anyone get it if not :/

Yeah its "Chopper" or something like that, but when you're in the seat you hear "Apache gunner, ready to roll" or something to that effect.

Pavelow racks up a few kills but quite quickly gets shot down, Apaches can take a couple of hits (From my experience) and as the gunner you're able to quite easily kill 6-8 people before you're shot down and/or found hiding under a car remote controlling the gunner :p

I've only just properly sussed the new kill streak system - Which I love to be honest. Kill streaks are now based purely on on-the-ground kills you make yourself, not kills from kill streak rewards. I think this is a lot better than the old system that allowed much higher kill streaks because an AC130 got you 15 of em'.

I also retract my last post. A *bit* :p My performance has increased quite a lot lately, I'm now managing to get a + kill/death ratio in most games I play. I maintain, though, that the average player now basically owns. I havent seen anyone playing COD4-2 who sucks arse. That is a massive development in the FPS gaming world, as a couple of years ago most of the people you played were crap.

The effect of this is that you see a lot of very high level players, 50-70, and indeed those in prestige, who have negative kill death ratios. Thats saying something.

Changer

Head Gardener
I maintain, though, that the average player now basically owns. I havent seen anyone playing COD4-2 who sucks arse.

You clearly have not seen my housemate playing

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
My brother has a K/D of about 2.28 while i DID have a k/d of around 1.8 for the first 4 hours of playing then i played 3rd person demolition and now have like 1.2 :(

Drop shots.
It's all about the drop shots.

Mattheus

Head Gardener
DA, you realise that the average K/D ratio across the whole cod playing population will be just under 1.00 ? (just under due to suicides). For every person with a positive K/D ratio there's someone with a negative. So not everyone is owning, you probably just have lots of friends who are improving :p

Kill streaks are now based purely on on-the-ground kills you make yourself, not kills from kill streak rewards.

'fraid you're wrong. The only kill streak rewards that don't contribute to your streak are things taken out of care packages/emergency air-drops. Otherwise nukes would be impossible to get :p
The only other possible exception is the pavelow, it seems to be bugged somewhat, sometimes it counts towards your streak, sometimes it doesn't. But all other non care-package rewards do.

So anyway, I'm lovin it atm. My 2 loves in CoD are sniping or using shotguns. So I LOVE the fact that shotguns are generally a lot better in MW2. The last shotgun you unlock - the 1887, is preposterously good. It's range is insane, you can 1 hit kill with it from surprisingly far. And once you unlock akimbo for it it rapes so hard, never have to be caught reloading as you can be firing one while reloading the other. Some of the most fun I've ever had in a CoD game. Plus the reload action when you have it as akimbo is *awesome*. Think Terminator 2 how he spins the shotgun round when on his motorbike :D
Intervention being my favourite weapon, I've always loved sniping.

Another thing which no one has mentioned about MW2 which I like a lot is the callsigns. I kinda like trying to unlock all the titles/emblems, especially the rare harder to get ones. There's a **** load of them so it could keep you going forever trying to get them all. Could be something for people to stroke their epenis on...'Look at me, I have this rare hard to get emblem!'

Some of my concerns have been lessened somewhat. When the game first came out the games were stupidly frantic with all the killstreak rewards. But I think enough people have twigged by now that most of them are ridiculously easy to take down with 1-2 stingers. So they're much less powerful now.
Still not quite so keen on some of the maps, think they've overdone it on trying to make them complicated tbh. It's too up-down warfare rather then side-to-side. As each damn building seems to have 3 storeys of windows people could be poking out of. And I thought chinatown in CoD4 was bad. But I'll get used to it.

Anyway I finally prestiged last night. Pretty pleased with my K/D ratio so far. At 2.24 and rising. I go through phases though, for a few days it dropped to 1.9 or so, but I've had a good few days and it's on the up.

</long post>

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Aye that is my problem, I'm trying to get used to the way the maps are.

If they bring out the default COD4 map pack I'll definitely be getting that.

A lot of the maps for COD-4-2 are very "built up", untold numbers of enemy men sitting in windows just waiting for you to pass by :/ Kinda does my head in sometimes.

I am very dissapointed by the matchmaking system, too - There are 10 or so guys sitting in the lobby and the game divides you up - and you can't help but wonder what the game is basing its "fair" team divisions on. 5-6 players level 30-40s playing against 5-6 40-50/60s, I really would have imagined they'd have sorted this by now and made sure there was a fair and equal number of high level/experienced players on either side - At the moment I'd bet the thing is actually random.

berzy

Weeder
A week after getting this game my graphics card decided to blow up.. Can't afford to fork out another £200 to play this game, bad times :(

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
OKAHY YOU GAIS

We've made an IRC room for Bushtarion COD players - You're all welcome to idle there to arrange matches/idle etc.

That room is: #Badger