Asphyxia disband

Status
Not open for further replies.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
An interesting development!

Are they sick of getting rushed? Are they reforming under a different name? Have they quit the game to devote their lives to a higher purpose? Has Twigley been hypnotised into dissolving the alliance by one of his competitors?

Place your bets now!

[edit by DA] Posts moved from "All I have to say is" to this one to avoid confusion/better organise discussion

Last edited by a moderator:

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
A lot of people decided the round was stale and going nowhere, myself included, and hit delete. I havent spoke to Twigley but I imagine he picked up on this attitude and disbanded everyone as a result.

3 ftw alliances per round isn't enough to keep this game going. The monotonous smeg of one alliance being rank 1, ranks 2 and 3 removing it, the new rank 1 being hit by the new rank 2 and 3, is an uneventful and boring affair that I personally find quite tedious.

If the playerbase remains this size/dwindles further ftw gameplay is going to go completely out the window - A, because 3 alliances is nowhere near enough competition and B, because the amount of effort required to play FTW isnt going to be worth finishing rank 1 when all that achievement will mean is that you managed to fend off the incredible wrath of, wait for it, two other ftw alliances.

Last edited by a moderator:

cb1202

Head Gardener
A lot of people decided the round was stale and going nowhere, myself included, and hit delete. I havent spoke to Twigley but I imagine he picked up on this attitude and disbanded everyone as a result.

3 ftw alliances per round isn't enough to keep this game going. The monotonous smeg of one alliance being rank 1, ranks 2 and 3 removing it, the new rank 1 being hit by the new rank 2 and 3, is an uneventful and boring affair that I personally find quite tedious.

If the playerbase remains this size/dwindles further ftw gameplay is going to go completely out the window - A, because 3 alliances is nowhere near enough competition and B, because the amount of effort required to play FTW isnt going to be worth finishing rank 1 when all that achievement will mean is that you managed to fend off the incredible wrath of, wait for it, two other ftw alliances.

I was looking forward to having 2 alliances *try* to take us down.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
A lot of people decided the round was stale and going nowhere, myself included, and hit delete.

Unfortunately, my alliance core wanted to quit because they where not having fun, so alliance = gone.

I guess ill write some **** on it later, however someone has stolen my xbox 360 just before i was about to buy new cod so the police would rather speak to me now.

:(

Last edited:

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Wtf? This was one of the more interesting rounds in recent times. :(

moorer

Pruner
Maybe its time for people to step back and consider the way they play this game.

The number of truly active players is dwindling with every round, yet still many of them form their ftw allies every round with their other "active" friends and then wonder why there is so little competition for them.

Maybe its time they consider splitting into smaller groups and filling the spaces created with less active members.

Maybe its time to consider random alliance allocation. Say everyone starts solo at the round start and then after a given time are allocated to an alliance at random.

There are drawbacks to both suggestions I know. People want to play with their friends, some do not want to play allied, but the game is slowly stagnating and shedding players round by round and the simple fact is something needs to be done!!.

Maybe its time to ask ourselves "Do I want to carry on playing the same way with my active friends in a game rapidly becoming boring or do I want to try something new and hope it rejuvenates the game"

The answer lies with us as players not in the game mechanics.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
Fyi, after disbanding the last chance for GC's competition, Twigley joined GC.

GG.

Edit: Along with giving only GC warning of what he was doing, not even warning his own members.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
If I may add an interesting fact to Iamsmart's post.. Twigley's done that twice in a row now.. GG

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Maybe its time for people to step back and consider the way they play this game.

The number of truly active players is dwindling with every round, yet still many of them form their ftw allies every round with their other "active" friends and then wonder why there is so little competition for them.

Maybe its time they consider splitting into smaller groups and filling the spaces created with less active members.

Maybe its time to consider random alliance allocation. Say everyone starts solo at the round start and then after a given time are allocated to an alliance at random.

There are drawbacks to both suggestions I know. People want to play with their friends, some do not want to play allied, but the game is slowly stagnating and shedding players round by round and the simple fact is something needs to be done!!.

Maybe its time to ask ourselves "Do I want to carry on playing the same way with my active friends in a game rapidly becoming boring or do I want to try something new and hope it rejuvenates the game"

The answer lies with us as players not in the game mechanics.

If that happened I'm pretty sure a lot of people would just stop playing. I wouldn't want to play properly if I was forced to join an alliance with people I didn't know or didn't like. I think there's a high probability of the game shedding even more members by following your plan.

Top alliances are always going to want to recruit the best players they can. It's just common sense. Why should they deliberately sabotage their chances of doing well by recruiting unknown randomers, who could very easily be spies? Or they could be inactive, or selfish, or just generally retarded.

moorer

Pruner
So what do you suggest?

Something has to be done for to sit and do nothing is the way to the death of bushtarion surely?

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
I don't think any changes in-game can really increase the playerbase. Things need to be done outside the game to draw people in, rather than changing things in-game to try and stop people from leaving.

These could be:

Advertising (Azzer said some time last year this would happen. Unsurprisingly it hasn't).
iPod app
Maybe some kind of facebook app?
Voting site

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Fyi, after disbanding the last chance for GC's competition, Twigley joined GC.

GG.

Edit: Along with giving only GC warning of what he was doing, not even warning his own members.

I weren't aware of this.

[20:12] <DA> Iamsmart, just to get this straight - Twigley disbanded Asph, joined GC, then GC and twigs raped ex-Asph guys?
[20:12] <saintconnor> NBD
[20:12] <prot|cartoons> :S
[20:12] <saintconnor> natural born deleter
[20:12] <SuperSneker> DA, yeah
[20:12] <DA> Im not really bothered, I was in delete anyway, but there were guys who wanted to play on :s
[20:12] <DA> Man, talk about backstabbing :s
[20:12] <Iamsmart> Yes DA
[20:12] <Iamsmart> He did.
[20:12] <Iamsmart> He personally stole land from me.

-

There were guys in there that were still keen on the round, not many, but jesus, thats harsh :/

SuperSneker

Digger
Most guys don't know me, since I quit playing 12 rounds ago. However, I decided to return last August in order to hang around a little bit. First thing that surprised me, was that hardly anyone was playing the game anymore. I was wondering why.

This round I joined Twigley and his alliance and the first 10 days went pretty smooth. However, when NOMW and GC hit us, things went downwards. People weren't motivated anymore and did not get on when pranked. When NOMW started stealth rushing us, only a few, including Twigley, were trying to stop it. I pranked loads of people and I tried my best till the bitter end. However, there were more players who tried everything till the end, but it was clear that this alliance was not going to make it till the end of the round. Therefore, Twigley already told me this morning he was approached to join GC. I myself can understand that he wanted to achieve something and he worked hard enough to deserve a place in a top alliance.

However, even though I knew he probably was going to disband the alliance, I did expect him to be as friendly to inform the alliance beforehand, so we could all be prepared. But no. He just disbanded. I was sitting in the train and did not know anything about it: a backstab to those members who put a lot of time and effort in the alliance. Oh well. I’m not angry; just disappointed.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
I put on the politics in big bold writing that i was disbanding the alliance in 24 hours and if anyone wanted to talk to me about it, they could pm me.
18 people replied with "Ok". I was the 19th and one other person didnt bother to reply.

I will write what ACTUALLY happened later on tonight to put it into context for some of you.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
I put on the politics in big bold writing that i was disbanding the alliance in 24 hours and if anyone wanted to talk to me about it, they could pm me.
18 people replied with "Ok". I was the 19th and one other person didnt bother to reply.

I will write what ACTUALLY happened later on tonight to put it into context for some of you.

lol Twigley, that is the lamest excuse ever. I'm speaking on behalf of the guys you screwed over here, as I said I was deleting anyway, but you definitely did not say that if things didnt change you'd join GC, disband the alliance, then proceed to attack us with your new bestest friends over at GC.

I respect you as a player mate but with what you've just done today you're going to go down as one of the biggest score queens in bush history : disbanding your alliance, joining another and raping your old alliance with your new one.

[facepalm]

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
Bullshit and you know it. That justs sets in stone that you know what you did was wrong and you can't defend it.

That was a post telling people they needed to start editing titles and be contactable and in general quit making mistakes. Every time the alliance was under pressure you freaked out and threatened anybody who made a mistake you would kick/rape them if they did it again. I thought you were a veteran leader but you obviously don't know how to instill confidence or keep morale up.

Back to the thread, you started the post with that as a threat, another one a veteran leader shouldn't make.

Minnzy

Weeder
It wasn't just Twigs but all of Asph that helped GC end up where it is now, I will follow my leaders commands to the letter but I still feel guilty doing what I have done now :(

If I was told "Oh they're being dumped and we're attacking those who still wish to play" I may have missed out on land but I probably wouldn't have attacked... Let's ignore that I am still currently attacking an ex member though...

Status
Not open for further replies.