• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

War Rescinding

Davis

Tree Surgeon
I think that to rescind a War declaration it should take 10 ticks, due to recent use of it. A ally could declare war on another one, do some attacks and then the next day when the original target starts retaling, the first ally can simply Rescind the declaration, thus getting the insurance that the first target didn't have the ability to get.

With a 10 tick delay, it would allow for eta 7 (with +2) and 3 ticks of battle where the declarer (not word :p) wouldn't receive insurance, and the original declairee would have time to declare war on the other ally allowing for a more fair war system.

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Or you could declare war back on them?

Davis

Tree Surgeon
or you could realize that it takes 6 ticks for a war to be set in place, therefore if they wait till you're atf 3 there isn't anything you can do about it?

Or maybe your leader isn't on 24/7 to make sure that no one ever does this?

OR things could just be easily fixed like i said or maybe even 6 ticks like it takes to declare that way if you send eta 5 you only get one free tick?

Oh and Mr. "Super Moderator" could you please clear this thread of needless spam, seems a few people feel like filling it up with useless quotes, even more useless than the annoying QTF.

thanks.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Or, if you are retalling an ally, keep a war declaration on them 24/7 was the point.

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
or you could realize that it takes 6 ticks for a war to be set in place, therefore if they wait till you're atf 3 there isn't anything you can do about it?

Or maybe your leader isn't on 24/7 to make sure that no one ever does this?

OR things could just be easily fixed like i said or maybe even 6 ticks like it takes to declare that way if you send eta 5 you only get one free tick?

Oh and Mr. "Super Moderator" could you please clear this thread of needless spam, seems a few people feel like filling it up with useless quotes, even more useless than the annoying QTF.

thanks.

ahh, I didn't realise that it took 6 ticks to get put into place.... oh wait, that's completly irrelevant?

The leader can give anyone the ability to declare and recind wars so it's up to them if they don't trust anyone enough to do so.

The way it is, the alliance that takes the initiative and attacks first has the advantage. Defensive alliances shouldn't get this same advantage. If you didn't want the war to be over, then declare war yourself.

The quotes were not needless spam, they were showing support for other comments, if you want a more structured response then there you go.

Davis

Tree Surgeon
From BushWiki said:
War Mode
The leader of an alliance can declare war on any alliance that is 80% or above of their own alliance's Government Valuation. War mode can only be set against one alliance at a time, and takes 6 ticks to enable.

The war declaration does not have to be mutual. When war is active, injured units of an alliance with which you are at war take 20 hours to return to service, instead of the normal 18 ticks. If they wish to do the same back, they must declare war back on you. However, the members of the target alliance all receive news informing them that their alliance is a war target, and if their own leader makes war mode mutual, then it will only take 4 and a half hours to activate.

ID lists are not given out at any stage through the war declaration. Your alliance must find out who the members of an alliance are themselves.
Deactivating War Mode

The declaration of war cannot be cancelled until 6 hours after it is set; it can not be cancelled before it is fully activated. Only the leader can deactivate war mode, and once deactivated, it can't be set on any alliance for a further 6 hours. To deactivate war mode, the leader should declare war on the alliance "None"

If the target drops below 50% of the warring alliance, then war mode is automatically deactivated.

So I'm under the impression that one of two things need to be changed, either the wiki, or your argument.

Martin how on earth is the fact that it takes 6 ticks to redeclare completely irrelevant?

The way it is, the alliance that takes the initiative and attacks first has the advantage. Defensive alliances shouldn't get this same advantage. If you didn't want the war to be over, then declare war yourself.
Or, if you are retalling an ally, keep a war declaration on them 24/7 was the point.

To that, it is really hard to keep a declaration on two allies at once? I mean it happens, its happening, so is this saying, if you're getting attacked by two allies, because you can only declare war on one of them they can undeclare at any point that they see benifitial but you can't do anything about it because you're declared on the other ally...?

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
From BushWiki said:
War Mode
The leader of an alliance can declare war on any alliance that is 80% or above of their own alliance's Government Valuation. War mode can only be set against one alliance at a time, and takes 6 ticks to enable.

The war declaration does not have to be mutual. When war is active, injured units of an alliance with which you are at war take 20 hours to return to service, instead of the normal 18 ticks. If they wish to do the same back, they must declare war back on you. However, the members of the target alliance all receive news informing them that their alliance is a war target, and if their own leader makes war mode mutual, then it will only take 4 and a half hours to activate.

ID lists are not given out at any stage through the war declaration. Your alliance must find out who the members of an alliance are themselves.
Deactivating War Mode

The declaration of war cannot be cancelled until 6 hours after it is set; it can not be cancelled before it is fully activated. Only the leader can deactivate war mode, and once deactivated, it can't be set on any alliance for a further 6 hours. To deactivate war mode, the leader should declare war on the alliance "None"

If the target drops below 50% of the warring alliance, then war mode is automatically deactivated.

So I'm under the impression that one of two things need to be changed, either the wiki, or your argument.

Martin how on earth is the fact that it takes 6 ticks to redeclare completely irrelevant?

To that, it is really hard to keep a declaration on two allies at once? I mean it happens, its happening, so is this saying, if you're getting attacked by two allies, because you can only declare war on one of them they can undeclare at any point that they see benifitial but you can't do anything about it because you're declared on the other ally...?

I'm not good at segmenting so excuse my presentation: It taking 6 ticks being irrelevant was in response to your first post.

Your second point is an interesting one which I hadn't thought of, with that in mind I think something does need to be done. ALTHOUGH it would then be tactical who you did declar war again? hmmz..

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator

This is why you need to choose tacfully who to declare war on. It makes for some interesting tactics which shouldn't be removed, imo.

Davis

Tree Surgeon
TBH, when you're being attacked by two or more allies you shouldn't have to be worried about this type of thing. I agree it could be interesting, but you're already at a disadvantage of having 40 people able to attack you/retal your attacks. and you dont need the added confusion of if they'll Rescind and end up getting insurance where it could have changed the way things were going.

EDIT:Not being able to recall mobs after eta 1 would be interesting too, as would changing some Inits, or making it so you can defend with any HQ unit, (these may be a bit drastic of examples) but that doesn't mean things should be that way, things should be as fair as possible, or at least not beneficial to only certain people (beyond some routes being > than others) so why should this stay, just because it is "interesting"

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Not getting involved in the particular situation that spawned this thread, I do think that it would make sense for it to take 6 or more ticks to rescind a declaration. Being able to do it instantly is unfair and makes for far less tactical fun.