Hippy Vans

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I was wondering if there were varying opinions on the uses of, and value of, Hippy Vans now that POMs have reduced AD.

Are they more/less useful than previously?

Does the biker change make HVs obsolete or even more vital?

I would be grateful to anyone with recent POM experience to post with their views on the subject of HVs. Thanks!

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator
forgive me for my bushtarion jargon, but they are a bag of balls

they used to be a fairly decent unit, clearing up the remaining armour that poms dealt

that unit alone doesnt do enough armour damage to be useful, if your big enough to be mass bikered then you need to be contactable anyway because of that threat

CAMPAIGN FOR THE POM PROBLEM TO BE SORTED PLEASE :D

LAFiN

Tree Surgeon
Yea, make them worthwhile. I want to be distracting millions of Shocks with my 50 Hippy Vans.

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Quality units, ETA 1 so help vs TDs/Apache rushes from people intent on killing flak and also offensivly can be used to stop similar units. PoMs are the main appealing unit of the route, for their init and power against health units but HVs compliment them. Just use Louds to sweep the HVs.

How can HVs be useless, they mean you can hit PA players and not lose units etc....?

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
I was wondering if there were varying opinions on the uses of, and value of, Hippy Vans now that POMs have reduced AD.

Are they more/less useful than previously?

Does the biker change make HVs obsolete or even more vital?

I would be grateful to anyone with recent POM experience to post with their views on the subject of HVs. Thanks!

From my expeirence last round, and playing prolly 15 rounds as a pom, HV suck balls if you are the top, but usefull if you are mid rank hitting low people.

Last round i bought louds really properly for the first time to sweep the PoM.
Only reason for this was because pom did like basically no AD at all and couldnt sweep themselves. Units with 2 star ar who where crap could pwn you.

Now...

* Political Mastermind armour damage increased a bit (in to two ** now), cost increase by 1k (now 41,000).

Even that small increase in AD will mean that Poms can sweep themselves a hell of a lot better than last round, but still worse than 2 rounds ago so you will most likely need *some* hv but not many..

Personally id just mass Pom as they pwn for saving from flak hits too and flak your poms with gurus rather than HV (against biker)

Edit: HV are good around this time when CW come out. As soon as striker players get enough striker, they become fairly pointless frm an overall ally perspective.

Davs

Garden Designer
I agree with Twigley in that they're really useful at mid-to-low ranks, especially as flak against bikers due to bikers having a fairly substantial anti-bonus (for lack of a better term) against vehicles.
As for higher ranks, I don't think they do quite enough AD for them to be particularly worthwhile (especially as PoMs got the small increase in AD).

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator
but dont be fooled, the pom change was very useful to this route............. o_O OH WAIT.

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
but dont be fooled, the pom change was very useful to this route............. o_O OH WAIT.

The Pom change was a nerf overall (although a buff in HD) because the route was overpowered.

Davs

Garden Designer

The Pom change was a nerf overall (although a buff in HD) because the route was overpowered.

difficult for a route which does no actual damage to anyone except steal land to be particularly overpowered. I accept that it is particularly difficult to 0 a PoM, but it's not as if they do any damage in return...

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

difficult for a route which does no actual damage to anyone except steal land to be particularly overpowered. I accept that it is particularly difficult to 0 a PoM, but it's not as if they do any damage in return...

Wrong.
Polo is right.

They where overpowered.
Nothing killed them properly, and you could stop mass land loss and receive next to no damage.
One of the reasons ive been pom so much