TehPantz

Head Gardener
the-gathering-storm.jpg

Released today!

just bought my copy :D

CrimsonFury88

Harvester
*falls off of his chair*

I expected something epic from the title.

How disappointed do I feel right now?

Words cannot describe.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
depends if you like fantasy/fiction books. Epic grand stories in the vein of LOTR, but with a slightly different slant. :)

Lupus

Head Gardener
great series but i lost interest on book 9 after he cured the source, was just going on and on and i have other stuff to read, each book you could probably kill an oap given the right shot to the face but still worth reading if ur bored.

p.s. the fact that robert jordan didn't write this one is a bit of a fail imo and wont close to the beginning books but meh i'm just rambling now so enjoy

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
great series but i lost interest on book 9 after he cured the source, was just going on and on and i have other stuff to read, each book you could probably kill an oap given the right shot to the face but still worth reading if ur bored.

p.s. the fact that robert jordan didn't write this one is a bit of a fail imo and wont close to the beginning books but meh i'm just rambling now so enjoy

he didn't write it because he died, so it's hardly a 'fail', more of a tragedy. And his son wrote it (iirc) with the rather extensive notes he'd left behind on the subject.

So thanks Negative Nancy, but why don't you go play in traffic.

Chezz

Harvester
I really like the series up till now, but I have only read until book 9...and still enjoying it.

IMO this series is really epic, with each of the 11 (12 if you include the new one) covering a HUGE amount of content. In just 1 book characters can travel from one corner of the world to the other, and no the world isn't tiny :).

Moreover, there are tons of characters, dozens of parallel plots going on at the same time, and while I might get lost in the millions of characters appearing in the story, the series overall is really great. I have even heard of some people who have reread the series 25 times!

FYI, for those of you who haven't read the series, the fact that Lupus referred to about Robert Jordan not writing this book was due to his death a few years ago, and this book and the final 2 books being taken over by Mistborn author Brandon Sanderson.

Edit: Alci, it isn't his son! I think you confused it with Lord of The Rings, where J.R.R. Tolkien's son Christopher wrote some books after J.R.R died, such as "Unfinished Tales"...etc.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Edit: Alci, it isn't his son! I think you confused it with Lord of The Rings, where J.R.R. Tolkien's son Christopher wrote some books after J.R.R died, such as "Unfinished Tales"...etc.

Perhaps i was getting confused in that his family had given the rights to finish the story to someone else, as his son writing it. My apologies, and thanks for clearing it up!

TehPantz

Head Gardener

common curtsy dictates at lease a size 12 font "spoiler alert" before your post :p

LAFiN

Tree Surgeon
Oooh, I have a coupon for 30% off, somewhere. Now I guess I have to finish book 11. /me gets to reading.

cb1202

Head Gardener
I was going to start the series, but my school library didn't have the first couple of books so I just picked something else out. I hope they get it soon.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Bought it yesterday, going to sit down and read the whole bugger tonight/tomorrow since i have a day off!

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Has anyone else started reading it? If so what do they think? I have my own thoughts/views but thought i'd wait for others before my write up.

LAFiN

Tree Surgeon
I'm still struggling through book 11. Give me this weekend and I'll have started the latest book.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
POTENTIALLY A SPOILER

i'm already done it. was kind of disappointed. after so many books written by robert jordan, it's hard to adjust to a new writer, especially one without the depth of knowledge of character, plot etc.