• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

I be retardeded

cb1202

Head Gardener
I am a dumbass who didnt notice the -50% damage to vehicles and such. I guess this works better than a health based unit.

Last edited:

TaO

Tree Surgeon
So I cant think of a catchy name for it, but i was thinking a great alternate p-unit for the PoM would be an expensive health heavy immobile structure that would help save your stuff from those pesky biker rushes. I am posting this so I dont forget I will edit it with more details when I wake up.

A non lethal distracting wall?

sounds like the Western Wall \o/

But now back to the reality
Why do you think you have hypnotist??
if you answer that question correctly, you realise why you dont need a NLD Health based flak unit ;)

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
So I cant think of a catchy name for it, but i was thinking a great alternate p-unit for the PoM would be an expensive health heavy immobile structure that would help save your stuff from those pesky biker rushes. I am posting this so I dont forget I will edit it with more details when I wake up.

if you answer that question correctly, you realise why you dont need a NLD Health based flak unit ;)

Incorrect. Hypnos only work well to blocking biker rushes should you happen to be online and prepared to send out last second to bribe them. If you're offline they'll make next to no difference. Besides most people send other LETs along with biker rushes so again your point is moot and decidedly unhelpful. And Hypnos die ridiculously easily against just about any let. Not to mention if they sent Bikers + Hoolies you're hypnos still wouldn't fire.

if you thought about that question/routes correctly you would realise why hypnos are an exceptionally inefficient way of preventing biker rushes.

TaO

Tree Surgeon

Incorrect. Hypnos only work well to blocking biker rushes should you happen to be online and prepared to send out last second to bribe them. If you're offline they'll make next to no difference. Besides most people send other LETs along with biker rushes so again your point is moot and decidedly unhelpful. And Hypnos die ridiculously easily against just about any let. Not to mention if they sent Bikers + Hoolies you're hypnos still wouldn't fire.

if you thought about that question/routes correctly you would realise why hypnos are an exceptionally inefficient way of preventing biker rushes.

Did i miss a major change this round?
Is the hypnotist only able to bribe bikers?
Or can they still bribe all other LET aswell?

Lupus

Head Gardener
my nap maickesh has been doing a pretty good job with them, but he does like to suicide a lot as well

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Hypnos aren't exactly the easiest thing to bribe with nor does bribing other LETs help in particular with fending off Biker rushes since they still fire early enough that bribing most other LETs is not going to be ultimately very useful.

The only things you can bribe that will be effective against biker rushes are PAs, and RPGs since they all fire first, as has been pointed out that's not always an advantage especially if you flak your bikers sufficiently well then it's irrelevant what LETs the POM has.

If you had them all in combination in sufficient numbers then you might scare off a Biker but if i sent more LETs than just Bikers i'd still win. Bunkers and Sentries in large numbers might also be useful but it strikes me as unlikely that you're going to bribe large numbers of those unless you're very very lucky or have many hundreds of billions to burn to acquire them.

You'd still need to be online to send out your NLDs anyways even if you had bribed those LETs since enough bikers would probably survive to cause some damage. So, while you didn't miss any vital changes, having Hypnos is not really a guarantee for getting rid of biker rushes; and they are a unit it takes a fair bit of skill to use appropriately and well. As a thug I would happily trade some bikers for lots of dead NLDs, insurance + bounty would more than make up for my losses.

Not to mention the fact that such a unit just isn't needed as HVs already exist...

:winner:

Last edited:

Davs

Garden Designer
I'm rather surprised that this thread was ever made. The trick to keeping stuff alive against biker rushes is with HVs and newsies as they flak PoMs and bikers do considerably less well against them (due to an "anti-bonus", for lack of a better word, against them).

So if you want a new p-unit to flak your PoMs against bikers make it a) a vehicle/machine and b) armour based

Not to mention the fact that such a unit just isn't needed as HVs already exist...

EDIT: loving the edit, Alci ;)

Last edited:

cb1202

Head Gardener
I'm rather surprised that this thread was ever made. The trick to keeping stuff alive against biker rushes is with HVs and newsies as they flak PoMs and bikers do considerably less well against them (due to an "anti-bonus", for lack of a better word, against them).

So if you want a new p-unit to flak your PoMs against bikers make it a) a vehicle/machine and b) armour based

I guess I don't understand unit flakking like I thought I did. I figured that since bikers are mostly AD, then the way to flak against them would be a unit high in Health. I understand HV's work, but I thought that a Health based unit would be more effective/cost efficient.

Davs

Garden Designer

I guess I don't understand unit flakking like I thought I did. I figured that since bikers are mostly AD, then the way to flak against them would be a unit high in Health. I understand HV's work, but I thought that a Health based unit would be more effective/cost efficient.

then clearly you've never tried killing HVs with bikers, 'tis very hard work I tells ye

EDIT: and this is why:
* Does -50% less Armour Damage against unit type(s): Machine/Vehicle, Robotic.
* Does -50% less Health Damage against unit type(s): Machine/Vehicle, Robotic.

cb1202

Head Gardener

then clearly you've never tried killing HVs with bikers, 'tis very hard work I tells ye

I have tried, and honestly I dont think its very hard. Was just an idea, but I guess I have been pwned. You win :D

hmm I guess I should read unit stats, I did not notice that bonus.

cb1202

Head Gardener
I guess I just figured it would be simple/easier to understand without that bonus. Why not a health based unit instead of an armor based vehicle?