• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Forum Suggestion

Madmeater

Harvester
The silly suggestion think-tank

make a sub-forum, or stickied thread where people like me can pour our loose ideas into.

This means that if someone has an idea that it isnt really that good, or, in my case alot of the time, is just thinking aloud, it can go here for people to see and build upon.

Having this sub forum means that peoples ideas may be pruned, making the foum cleaner for others, but also, the ideas are still there for people to have a read through and maybe get inspiration for a better idea.

An example would be someone coming up with the concept for a unit, without much thought behind it, and rather than it just clog up the forum, pushing out better ideas, a mod would move it to the think tank until it can be fleshed out enough to return as a legitimate suggestion. This would make for more constuctive ideas coming forward

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
Surely the current 'Suggestions' forum does just that? At the moment the quantity of suggestions is easily manageable - there's no real need to create an additional forum for fledgling ideas, which will inevitably wind up being posted in the main suggestions forum anyway!

Very few single suggestions are implemented as they're suggested (if any). Nearly all go through several iterations of development until they're coded in, and even then they're often modified a bit further! Having someone post a mini-suggestion in the 'think-tank' forum would mean the 'suggestions' forum would become obsolete. Either that or a home for all implemented suggestions, which seems fairly pointless...

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
point taken, I just sometimes feel bad spamming useless idea :p

dont.

and dont feel bad about the people who shoot an idea down before you can say roger rabbit rapes repeatily rather rusty rookies

its people like you who keep this game alive and innovating :)

Chezz

Harvester
in that case, perhaps we could have a section called "approved suggestions (just a random name)" where only the mods could post in?

the mods (after discussion) would take the most promising/balanced/discussed/useful etc. suggestions from the suggestions forum and post it here, which would then make this section a possible 'to do' list for azzer.

any thoughts?

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
Again, fairly pointless. Azzer reads every single suggestion posted and forms his own 'todo' list on his computer. I've seen him do it, so you can trust me on that one :p
Besides, it's not up to the mods alone to decide which suggestions are the most thought out or useful - it's up to the playerbase and eventually Azzer himself. The current system works fine as it is.

Chezz

Harvester
i was referring to having the mods discuss with the people on the forums....but then, since you have mentioned the problems....then I have nothing much to say :)

Madmeater

Harvester
Again, fairly pointless. Azzer reads every single suggestion posted and forms his own 'todo' list on his computer. I've seen him do it, so you can trust me on that one :p

Wow, i feel better about posting my silly ideas now :)
The reasoning for myoriginal idea was based on the assumption that silly ideas aren't evenlooked at :p

cheers for clearing it up, and expect plenty more weird and wonderful (and mostly un-doable) concepts :D

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator
thing is most people go nope **** idea and dont explain why or try to build upon it..thats the problem, although after the latest 'clean-up' im seeing less of it